Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    Upstairs inside my head I class fonts in categories. In the Serif category I remember this face because of its pointy serif, and I remember its name mainly because the Ss look like a Boa Constrictor that...
    Today, 05:52 PM
  • ISitude
    Comment on Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    WELCOME!!
    Today, 05:41 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    KitchWitch
    Hi ejl and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 05:01 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    <b>
    I have a weird mental block when it comes to this typeface. Whenever I see it, I can never remember its name. Maybe it's because there's absolutely nothing about the face that seems even remotely ser...
    Today, 04:02 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    <b>
    I haven't heard the client's side of the story, but just taking what you've written at face value, you're dealing with a big-time deadbeat and a thief. Getting this person to voluntarily hand over payment...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akinator

Waste some time with Akinator.

http://www.akinator.mobi/en

So far I've only beaten him once.....
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

hmmmm got my 1st one right, but 2nd one wrong!!! lol but i told it to keep going and it asked a few more questions and got it right.... me thinks ill be doing this all night while MR ang is at a fire call, LOL
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

That just blew my mind LOL

I picked the Character "Friday" created by Robert A Heinlein and it nailed it.

Comment

It got me on Harold LLoyd, Fats Waller and Blackadder, but I stumped it with Taran and James Thurber.
        People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
        -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

I beat him once even though it turned out he did know the character (Dr. Syn)

Comment

I've been impressed with some of the random one's it's been able to guess

Eric Draven
            Alexander Keith
            Guy Montag
            My Pet Monster
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I thought it wasn't even getting warm with Alfred E. Neuman, but it surprised me. It even got Aubrey Beardsley, although it took all three guesses. Eerie.

It didn't get Eddie Lang (although he's in the database), and it was totally lost on Kipling's Kim.
              People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
              -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

He came up with James Buchanan instead of Calvin Coolidge, but still, pretty close.
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I managed to beat it with William Caslon

OOC bound me thinks....
                  | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

That is hysterical ... he won after about 15 questions

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

WHOA, took it 3 different guess to get James Dean!!!

Weird how it asks you the same questions several times tho...
                      Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                      - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

ROFL!

It came up with Verne Troyer instead of Charlie Sheen.
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I whupped him. He has now heard of Gordon Buehrig.
                          "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

lmao AD

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

pretty slick deal. Just a database with a series of filters applied, with a cheesy interface tacked on.

Reminds me of the "Handwriting Analysis" booth at the county fair when I was a teenager. This was in the days of IBM punch cards. At a dollar a time, it was one of the most expensive deals on the midway. You just signed your name, maybe copied a simple sentence (? it's been a year or two...) then the guy would put your card into this huge machine. You could see the punch cards going up and down and back and forth on this machine, then out popped your "analysis". We all knew the "analysis" was just a random message when it was done, but we all found something in the "analysis" that was absolutely right about us. And then we'd do it the next day to see if we got the same answer...
                              "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X