Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Friday Everybody!!

Happy Friday Everybody!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    I throw a lot of wine and cheese parties. Except instead of wine we have Jager, and we swap out the cheese for Bud Light.
    Originally posted by garricks View Post
    Left-handed people: We're the only ones in our right mind.
    Originally posted by Bladez
    Lith, I didn't know you felt that way about me.

I'm flattered. Maybe even a little curious....but I'm with Audi, and unfortunately, she has something you don't have....

Boobies.

And you just can't compete with those!

I hope you understand.
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    We went to my wife's family reunion on Saturday. They were showing old slides and it was clear that it was usually men behind the camera, and that very few women photographers were represented. Almost every picture had a car, motorcycle, or fish in it. ...And most of the commentary was similarly filled with gasoline and testosterone.

"Hey there's my old '68 Malibu"
    "What'd that have in it?"
    "327"

"Hey look Dennis there's your first fish. Deanna caught her first fish that day too."

"That was taken on Easter Sunday around 1955. All dressed up for church.

"There's Dean's '72 Nova. This was taken right after he came home from the Navy."
    "Yeah, that was before I hopped it up."
    "Didn't you bring home a whole carload of women that day?"
    "Boys! That's ENOUGH!" (<-- Mom/grandma/great grandma)

"Whoo look at all those catfish. Those came out of the Smokey Hill River."

"There's Dave waterskiing. That would have been about '76."
    "That engine right there is a 90 horse Johnson."
    Originally posted by Joe.Waltson View Post
    Photoshop is the answer for all the design related stuffs.
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    I can only imagine what some of the girls would do to make their rugs more unique...maybe trim it down into just a thin little strip....perhaps a triangle to give it some personality...
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    A few specifically rug-related terms that I can only assume are in common use among the young folks.

rugtacular
    rugerrific
    rugadellic
    rugtabulous
    rugatronic ( <-- personal favorite)
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    I kinda like the phrase 'Locker Rug'.

That almost sounds slang. "Yeah, I got in some real heat for puttin' the hustle on some locker rug."
    Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    I thought the motto was "Most of us don't want to turn you into a skin suit"
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    We don't judge you by your physical age, passion...but rather, by your mental age....which, if you act like you're 19, will make you the oldest one here!

I'm 5. If you don't believe me, track down Audentia and she'll whole-heartedly agree! lol

Welcome to the madness....

Originally posted by D-Frag
    I like to dress up like a penguin, then cover my entire outfit with bubble wrap. find my way down to the local starbucks (usually via bus, because the beak gets caught in the steering wheel) I then proceed to find someone completely oblivious to what is going on and throw myself onto their table, rolling and quacking and popping. Its a hoot, usually I get hot coffee spilt on me, but the suit and the bubblewrap protect me.

This kind of creative haiku is sure great fun, and really gets the frontal lobe stimulated to its highest capacity.
    Originally posted by Patrick Shannon
    In an act of randomness (not to mention heavy boredom at the moment), I would like to extend my hand and show appreciation for....

...the "Step and Repeat" command.

Once stuck as an artist using copy and paste along with the "Snap" option to get things to line up just right, there was no greater moment than when my prececessors showed me a new way...a better way...a more civilized way. For many years now, ten-up business cards have shuddered in fear at how effortlessly I spawn them on my page. With the right measurements put in, Step and Repeat knows just how to set everything right in place. It's so smart!

It also has come to my rescue when the mean old boss tries to accuse me of not lining up everything on the page properly, and a simple printout and comparison to the paper plate proves that the printer had burned the plate wrong.

My underlings are seriously in awe whenever I show them this mighty power and make a whole page of items poof out of thin air. I'm telling you, Step and Repeat could seriously get you laid. :yeah:

So Step and Repeat, you keep doing what you do, you pimp daddy of reproduction.

Next time I'll take some time to give the proper tribute to "Command+Tab: The Slacker's Best Friend at Work."

That's all, I gotta go.
    Originally posted by uncle carbunkle
    Originally posted by Ryan8720
    Farting horses never tire, so a farting man is the one to hire.
    i've got that on my resume.

Woot Woot!! The Friday Train has pulled into the station!!

Don't ask me, I just made it up.

My husband has a big gig tonight doing his mostly Pink Floyd cover thing. Saturday afternoon a wake, then off to the restaurant. Sunday? I was thinking of forcing the hubby to go hiking.

blog/portfolio

Comment

AHHHH FRIDAY

Tonight, unfortunately I have to take pictures of scantly clad, intoxicated women at a club (such a shame). Tomorrow have a friends house party. Sunday is thanksgiving dinner (The real Thanksgiving, not like our fake one in the states ) And Monday we have oooofffffffffff

Enjoy er'body
      Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Holy Crap!! Aren't you all a lucky bunch! You've been blessed with a Bladez Trifecta of quotes! It's obviously been a good week for me!

Thanks Kool, for putting my immature wit in the spotlight for all to enjoy! Oh...and for those other ones too I guess....

OK FINE! I'll play nice!!

Great quotes from everybody! Pretty much that entire rug thread belongs in here!!

Tonight, Audi and I are going for dinner and drinks with a friend who just got married. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving dinner at her parents place, Sunday I get to relax for the day, then off to the Rise Against/Flogging Molly/Black Pacific concert sunday night. And monday I probably won't even put on pants! It's going to be a good weekend....despite the lack of paintball lol.

Hope you all have a fantastic one. Happy Turkey Weekend to all my Canadian friends, and Nah-Nah to all my American friends who have to work on monday! (I'm kidding of course! You guys don't have to work. I give you all permission to take monday off as well. Tell your bosses I said it's ok. They'll understand).
        Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
        | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
        | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Happy Friday everybody! Cold as hell and snowing here so I think it's just gonna be a chill weekend.
          I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

finally friday! thanks for the quotes kool great recap of the week as always

i picked up the game Rage for the xbox last night so i'll be giving that a go this weekend. i played for about an hour and so far it's pretty gnarly. Id is back and taking no prisoners!

It's going to be around 80 over the weekend here Lith

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I still miss Uncle Carbunkle.

What happened to her again?

Didn't she come down with sanity, or something?

Comment

Almost forgot: Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks out there!

(In case you Yanks forgot, we of the 'God's Frozen People' tribe, sensibly have our celebration of harvest much earlier to avoid all confusion between fresh and frozen turkeys.)

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
                  i picked up the game Rage for the xbox last night so i'll be giving that a go this weekend. i played for about an hour and so far it's pretty gnarly. Id is back and taking no prisoners!
                  Typ, did you pick up Gears by any chance?

And keep me posted on how Rage is. I saw some casts on YouTube of people playing it with commentary... may have to check it out.

Comment

naw im not a fan of the controls or the gameplay, that series is way over hyped IMO

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

Comment

Great quotes Kool! Happy friday all! We were going to the beach sunday, but its supposed to rain all weekend, so I guess I'll be doing that housework thing!
                      The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them. Albert Einstein

Comment

4 player co-op campaign. Beast mode where you're the baddies, some new weapons and such. I like what they did to the new one.

But I agree the gamestyle is very different from anything COD related.

Oh speaking of (sorry for threadjack ladies and gents.... hmmm we need a videogame thread lolz) COD. You going to be getting Battlefield 3 or MW3?

Comment

Wow...you got snow before us, Lith??? That's weird! All this week it's been raining, and on the colder side (highs of around 8C - 46F) but nothing frozen yet. Snow usually flies a day or 2 before or after Halloween...
                          Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                          | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                          | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Thank you for the quotage, Kool! Happy Friday, y'all!!!

Imma be vegging all weekend, once I get outta here.
                            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

i'll answer you question in the xbox thread TA

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X