Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Constructive Criticism?
    kemingMatters
    Hello Daniel, welcome to GDF

We ask all new members to read
    very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 09:14 PM
  • DyZeGFX
    Constructive Criticism?
    DyZeGFX
    While I've only been designing for 2 months, mainly on YouTube and the comedy app IFunny, I'd like to get opinions from the professionals

I've perused the site and have only found very...
    Today, 09:06 PM
  • eborja
    Reply to Logo for my new software development business
    eborja
    Hi Buda, thank you for the links and comments.

I am a software developer, but decided to try my hand at designing my first logo, hopefully in the future I can afford to get it professionally...
    Today, 08:26 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    Buda
    Rabbits don't cough up fur balls and they also do not vomit. They do however do poops that a strung together. They gotta get rid of that fur somehow right?
    Today, 08:21 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Turkey Day!!
    Buda
    Happy stretchy pants day!
    Today, 08:17 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doggy Agility Training

I have two dogs (one pictured in my current avi) and the younger/bigger of the two is driving me nuts. He's 11 months old and runs around my apartment like his tail is on fire or something. Not all the time, but at least once a day for about 10 minutes. However, after watching him circle around the living room and leap off the back of the couch for the 100th time, it occured to me, "Hey, he might like agility training!"

I do not make a ton of money. SOOOOOOO...I was looking up some cheap ways to make the necessary equipment. And if anyone is also interested, I thought I'd share some links with ya'll. =)

Cheap & Dirty Jumps
    Various (weave pole, tunnels, etc.)
    & Other DIY dog stuff

Please note, I have not tried to make any of this just yet, so I don't know how good the instructions are or the final products, but they looked interesting.
    "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." --Winston Churchill

Call me Ares.

Not sure if you have a dog park nearby, or a local dog owners association but they might be good places to look for tips, used equipment, or even use of equipment.

Where I used to live we had a great big dog park down the street from us, it was maintained by the dog owners association. They used to put on events at the dog park, some were quite ridiculous, but others were dog agility and flyball type things, which were a lot of fun.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

I've never tried any agility training ... my dog can barely keep focus long enough to finish pooping

... anyway ... good luck with that

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

My dog falls off the bed on a regular basis. I don't know if agility training would be good, or a waste of time. Either way, thanks for the links!
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

My cat does that whole "run around like I'm batshit crazy" bit all the time. I don't think she'd do well with any sort of agility training. She's agile alright, it's the training part that I have low hopes for.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
            My cat does that whole "run around like I'm batshit crazy" bit all the time. I don't think she'd do well with any sort of agility training. She's agile alright, it's the training part that I have low hopes for.
            Mine does that, too, part of his ritual I guess. I come home, he gets treats, guzzles some water, poops and runs around the house at Mach 3 for ten minutes. Then it's back to napping.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I've been getting into flyball with one of our dogs. I'm sure he'll be good at it once he gets over his fear of crowds.

I'd like to get him into agility as well at some point. There is a dog agility club about two blocks from our house and we go by there all the time and watch them practicing.
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                Yeah, after domesticating dogs, humankind, crazed with success, sought to repeat the experiment with cats. After a few centuries they gave up and turned their attentions towards harnessing fire and inventing the wheel. Civilization picked up considerably from that point on, but the cats (who have long memories) are still not over it, and seek to rub it in at every opportunity.
                People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X