Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories from my life episode 1: The Cell Phone

Preface: this is a useless story which shouldn't be read unless you're bored at work.

I destroy cell phones.

Seriously, I've been through a heck of a lot of phones in the last few years. In Canada, we have three main phone companies and it's essentially a monopoly which is why we pay much, much more than everywhere else in the world. The three main players are; Bell, Telus and Rogers/Fido.

For years, I was with Bell, but one fateful day Telus had a good promotion for a Blackberry plan, so I got my first smartphone. That was the beginning of the end. The phone, a BB Curve 8300, was a giant piece of poop and broke every day... eventually it was comical how destroyed it was (however, it still worked).

Anyway, long story short many phones later (stories within themselves) I went to Telus to try and upgrade to a new phone. After a week, many hours on the phone, many hours in store and many frustrated Telus employees they basically told me they can't do it. I was like... uhhhh... ok then.

2 months later, yesterday, I go back and try and get an iPhone4. Same problem. They put me through to retention and offer me a good deal, but still can't actually activate a phone to give to me. The girl on the line basically says, "we'll ship you a phone", and starts putting the contract through. I say, "woah. you're telling me every time I want a new phone in the future as long as I'm with Telus I'm gonna have to go through this?" she avoids the question and then basically says yes.

The iPhone plan is $60 x12 months x3 years = $2160

I'm entering a contract in which I'm paying them $2160 and I have to wait 7 days to actually get the phone!?!?!

I walked out and switched companies.
    Last edited by Epic_Velocity; 10-13-2011, 04:52 PM.

I wanted to OOC something in here but couldn't find anything... I think I'm getting rusty...
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

I hate Telus... switched from them to Rogers (I'm in western Canada) and haven't looked back since. Try them next time.

Where is Bladez... I need his pic of the HTC that he thrashed with his paintball gun, it's very epic...
      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I've heard nothing but good from both Fido and Rogers. Same company at the end of the day. Telus originated in Alberta, I'm surprised they wouldn't make more of an effort in their home region :s. All in all a terrible company from my experience from start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
          Where is Bladez... I need his pic of the HTC that he thrashed with his paintball gun, it's very epic...
          proof of just how good he is:

And after he hit it with a bat:
          Last edited by synthetik; 10-13-2011, 05:53 PM.
          The creative world is one big double standard....
          BE YOURSELF BUT CONFORM!!

Conformity is the Disease; Rebellion is the Cure

~Stolen from Bladez

Comment

Audi, he's got that pic on FB I know that.
            Edit: That's the one.

EV - Audi and Bladez are not only both graphic artists, not only do they live together but they have sex together too, or at least Bladez tries. Oh yeah, and they're dating. Bladez is that weird guy along with Eugene that post sarcastic comments on everything I write

I'm with Rogers and was with Fido prior to that. I gotta say though that Fido has the best customer service ever. I was actually happy talking to them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
              Audi, he's got that pic on FB I know that.
              Edit: That's the one.

EV - Audi and Bladez are not only both graphic artists, not only do they live together but they have sex together too, or at least Bladez tries. Oh yeah, and they're dating. Bladez is that weird guy along with Eugene that post sarcastic comments on everything I write

I'm with Rogers and was with Fido prior to that. I gotta say though that Fido has the best customer service ever. I was actually happy talking to them.
              Who said you could talk TA....
              The creative world is one big double standard....
              BE YOURSELF BUT CONFORM!!

Conformity is the Disease; Rebellion is the Cure

~Stolen from Bladez

Comment

[QUOTE=synthetik;886269][COLOR="DarkRed"]proof of just how good he is:

'Shopped!
                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Originally posted by synthetik View Post
                  Who said you could talk TA....

Comment

Originally posted by Epic_Velocity View Post
                    I've heard nothing but good from both Fido and Rogers. Same company at the end of the day. Telus originated in Alberta, I'm surprised they wouldn't make more of an effort in their home region :s. All in all a terrible company from my experience from start to finish.
                    I'm in Alberta and hate them. Most people here do. Rogers has really gained a lot of clients lately. But they all suck at the end of the day, lack of competitive pricing. I think they scheme against us to make the prices all high no matter what, so that I pay triple for my iPhone than the kid in Afghanistan does for his. Seriously drives me nuts.

Comment

Do you guys have any of those little guys like Wind Mobile and stuff like that Audi?

Comment

Yeah we have Wind and Fido and Virgin or something I think.
                        there are a few, but if you want service anywhere other than the core of the city then they are no good. Those phones won't even work in Canmore or Banff where there is towers... nevermind the three our drive to Edmonton you'd be out of service the whole time likely. So unless you never, ever leave the city core they are useless (in my opinion)

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X