Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    <b>
    For 3 or 4 years we had a contract with a printer whose primary business was publishing phone books. We hired them to print 100,000-plus copies of various boilerplate information booklets on newsprint,...
    Today, 10:56 PM
  • kizzidesigns
    Reply to Redundancy & Entropy
    kizzidesigns
    well i am ahppy that someone likes Redundancy & Entropy (R&E) but watching the video was a bit confusing too complex .i love things simple and straightforward and it seems when it comes to the...
    Today, 10:52 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    garricks
    There is/was, but the upgrade to vBulletin 5 disappeared it....
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Kool
    All of that stuff is disabled because it didn't really work and it caused bugs in other areas. Right now we are in a holding pattern as far as this forum software goes. The forum is coming under new ownership...
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    I was too aggressive setting the keeps and got an unexpected result. I didn't see this until I got home…I'll post in detail tomorrow when I get to work.
    Today, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Armageddon Friday!!

All you, Reporting in, Turning green, Pissed at Obama, Wishing you had a human centipede, Returning with an avocado cutter, Multi talented, 46,300 words knowing, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    Kittie knows 59 words more than me, but I bet they're all dirty.
    ]
    Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    As RKK watches the last vestige of her innocence fall away:

Note: due to illness the part of Red Kittie Kat will be played today by Black Kittie Kat, and her innocence by a leaf.
    Originally posted by The Artist
    Ang you just sent back about 100 rushing memories... I dated a girl for 2 years (extremely close and the ending was absolutely brutal) but we used that nickname on each other quiet frequently. She had very nice boobs and I was a fan of boobs, perfect match...

......I should give her a call.....
    Originally posted by Roth
    I was thinking of getting a Ts printed with 58008 on. I bet they'd fly off the rack.
    Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
    If ever I had known prior to this moment that this forum has a 222 page long thread of bacon I would have proposed marriage a long time ago.
    Originally posted by BJMRGTIVR6 View Post
    we used Luke to till a flower Garden when he was crawling. our little ox
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    So how can I keep all those memories if all my cells are constantly dying and being replaced? Is it like some twisted unending file transfer? No wonder I can't find all the memories! Or my keys.
    Originally posted by Nobert View Post
    Distances and direction are actually among my "idiots." Especially if I've been drinking. I was once hanging out with a friend and when it came time to toddle on home, I said "Well, goodnight." From her perspective, standing on the front porch she would have seen me toddle off homeward, only to return about thirty seconds later going in the opposite, and this time correct, direction, saying, "Well, goodnight." as I passed her.
    Originally posted by Iggee002 View Post
    I spoke to a boyscout troop last year, and I definately feel for you. I was supposed to teach them about art forms outside of painting and freehand drawing. I started with graphic design, and web design, and moved in to music and literature. I used visual aids. I brought in some of the products I had helped design, and showed them what the packaging looked like in Illustrator. I found it was extremely difficult to describe art, or how it's made.

One word of advice, don't rely on them asking you questions and you answering. I thought maybe I could hint at a few things to spark curiosity, and then ask them if they had any questions. They just stared at me. Apparently not enough curiosity was sparked.

They were astonished that I went to college, and didn't liven up until they noticed how beat up my laptop is. Then I got all kinds of questions about the many perils of my laptop, and how I had fixed it. Apparently technology was much more interesting for them.
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    If NAtional Leadership were like Graphic Design:

If everybody in the country is happy with the way you act as leader, we'll give you an autographed copy your accomplishments and not pay you because you are leading for the greater good. As this is a contest, you must also sign over all rights to your being to even be considered.
    Originally posted by The Artist View Post
    *claps hands/jumps up and down*
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    it's still more fun watching Virgo do that.....
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    *claps hands/jumps up and down*

Feel better?
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    *stupid grin*

Much.....Thanks

Originally posted by uncle carbunkle
    pffft! says you! i look friggin hot in a black turtle neck. you know...the kind of ninja you would'nt mind seeing creeping up the side of your house at night...

in actual fact i CAN'T wear them very often any more. i nearly had to change careers because i looked so awesome...i was going to become a full-time cat burglar...
    Originally posted by Wonder Woman
    Cheers unc! "dress like you're going to the funeral of someone you don't know very well" very good advise! I'm not very good in a black turtle neck - they make my boobies look even bigger than they are! Which I didn't think was possible.

Sorry to bring up Boobies - that's not authorisation to anyone (aka Ulysses, Tyger, Magnus or any of the other Boobie obsessed male GDF members) to turn this conversation into a Boobie related one.
    Originally posted by Ryan8720
    Since when would the hugeness of boobies scare a guy off?
    Originally posted by uncle carbunkle
    have you seen the duck thread?

geezaloo.

those things have got their own heartbeats. and opinions. hell, they'd probably nag you, too.

*shudder*
    Originally posted by Ryan8720
    Not if they were in a black turtleneck.

Nice job Kool. Welcome back et & bc!
    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

lol, thanks for the chuckles Kool. I hope the weather gets better for the weekend, it's been shite all week here.
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Woot! Helloooo Friday! Thanks for the quote Kool. Always a welcome reminder that the week is finally about to end.

Anybody doing anything cool this weekend?

Tonight = drinkfest.
        Tomorrow = restaurant.
        Sunday = ???

^You could copy and paste that into my "what am I doing this weekend" post in the Friday thread and 90% of the time it would be accurate. I guess I have even less of a life than I thought.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Thanks Kool! I missed a lot between being gone earlier in the week and then having the wife try to kill me Wednesday night.

She got drivethru on the way home and ordered me the wrong thing. I ended up with a burrito with sneaky guacamole mixed into the sauce. Had to take a sick day yesterday.

Comment

My bad...

blog/portfolio

Comment

Mmmm.... black turtleneck boobies.

Comment

Harrumph. I thought this week that I made some of the wittiest comments I have ever posted on this forum, and what gets left to the ages? A confession of my cartoony tipsiness. This forum is an Algonquin Round Table that doesn't work. And I will now appropriately stomp off in the kind of hissy-snit that Alexander Woollcott used to get into when people didn't let him have his way about absoultley everything.
                (Stomps off in snit, comes back 30 seconds later, having gone in the wrong direction) "I'm stomping off now."

Seriously, thanks as always Kool, and best of weekends to everyone.
                People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

It's too bad the "Picture of a Duck" image is gone

Comment

yeaaaaaa friday! thanks for the quotes k-dog!

tonight i plan on playing some xbox and drinking some sort of booze, haven't decided what yet. let me know if you have any ideas. tomorrow is yard work and possibly putting in some overtime. sunday is a wedding (who gets married on a sunday??) hope everyone has a great weekend!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Ahhhh truly love Fridays

Happy I got mentioned this week, I've been so busy using this new 3D software, tons of tutorials and such!

It'll be nice to just relax this weekend. More photography of scantly clad women downtown tonight, free ride and free drinks. Tomorrow... Maybe some Black Ops

Enjoy everybody!
                      Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

W00T!!! Nice quotage KOOL! Everyone have an awesome weekend!

I'm planning on spending part of it outside, as this will probably be the last warm weekend of the year.
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by Nobert View Post
                          And I will now appropriately stomp off in the kind of hissy-snit that Alexander Woollcott used to get into when people didn't let him have his way about absoultley everything.
                          (Stomps off in snit, comes back 30 seconds later, having gone in the wrong direction) "I'm stomping off now."
                          If you only knew how many times we've seen that happen.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Friday, O how I've missed thee....

That's a fantastic collection you've got going on there Kool. I quite like it. Tho, it makes me sad I wasn't around in the days of Wonder Woman's boobies.....

This weekend is MY weekend! Audi is out of town this weekend, she hit the road prolly about an hour ago, and won't be back till sunday afternoon! Tomorrow I'm having a bunch of the guys over. Tonight....No idea WTF I'm going to do. I told Audi it'd be a weekend of Booze, Blow and Hookers....so maybe that's what I should do tonight. Or at least, 2 outta 3....lol

Originally I was supposed to get together with a friend for coffee tonight, but I'm just not feelin' it....instead, the bar is calling!!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!! Stay safe, and if you've got some nice weather, get out there and enjoy it!! It probably won't last much longer!
                            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Thanks Kool.

Friday yeah…quiet here…except I have a ton of work that I don't think I will tackle this weekend…probably should but if you get me the stuff when I need it, it will be done on time, if you wait, they you wait on me.

Tonight= ?
                              Saturday= relax, freelance job, then bowling party hosted by our realtor (we used 7 years back)
                              Sunday=leave the hour at 5:30 am!!! Yeah re-read that I am not looking forward to that. Go to Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure walk/run my wife is in. I made shirts for it so I might take a shot and post onto FB.
                              Sunday afternoon-relax and nap.

Monday is football night! (I know not a weekend plan but it is a "weekend football" thing.
                              Dribbble Page
                              Behance Portfolio
                              Linkedin Profile

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X