Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    ISitude
    Love the idea, I'm struggling with the execution.

To me the beast should be a clear forceful/powerful movement of rising up. In your rendition it seems that this is much less so ...no power...
    Today, 04:39 AM
  • B
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    B
    You don't feel an obligation to turn them over and wouldn't without a fee. So far I'm with you, but then you say that you feel as though you can't use them because they were part of the process of creating...
    Today, 03:09 AM
  • B
    Reply to My Stonework company logo
    B
    Howdy Begeebuz. Welcome to the forum.

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information.We screen for spammers, so the first few posts...
    Today, 02:55 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    EmberMike
    I don't think I'd ever feel obligated. And if requested I wouldn't hand them over for free. I've looked at it more as being a part of the final product. Even though I'm not handing over the sketches,...
    Today, 02:45 AM
  • The01printer
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    The01printer
    I'm not sure if it was your intention, but I can't decide if, He is looking up, or She is looking down. I am not even sure if I prefer one way or the other but leaning toward I like Him looking up! Maybe...
    Today, 02:35 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Song Is Stuck In Your Head Today?

Most mornings, when I get up to get ready for work, by the time I get to the bathroom sink to brush my teeth, I have some random song stuck in my head on infinite repeat. My alarm has no music, and I usually watch TV before I fall asleep, so I don't know where I might be hearing these songs to have them stuck in my head in the morning.

This morning it was Steely Dan's My Old School. Completely random. I'm not a big Steely Dan fan, though I suppose I hear them about once a day on the radio in the office, but where that song came from is beyond me.

One morning a few weeks ago I had a song from The Music Man stuck in my head, much to my frustration. It's the only musical my husband has ever liked, but it's never been a favorite of mine. Since he knows I don't like it that much he insists on singing it at me from time to time. Again, much to my frustration. I musta had a nightmare about it the previous night.

So, what song is stuck in your head?

blog/portfolio

"throw the man down" - I don't know who it's by, but it's that pirate song if that helps anyone to know what I'm talking about. My wife was singing it to our son this morning, what's worse, is that I only know a portion of the chorus, so it's just the tune and then the portion of the chorus I know, repeat...

< cough... what no bacon? I just noticed lol
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

I have that very same thing happen to me every stinking morning, lucky for me 90% of the time they are songs I love, but there's that 10% of the time when it's a song that just drives me up the wall.
      “As the saying goes, type is a beautiful group of letters, not a group of beautiful letters.”
      — Matthew Carter

Comment

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
        "throw the man down" - I don't know who it's by, but it's that pirate song if that helps anyone to know what I'm talking about. My wife was singing it to our son this morning, what's worse, is that I only know a portion of the chorus, so it's just the tune and then the portion of the chorus I know, repeat...

< cough... what no bacon? I just noticed lol
        I believe it's "Blow the man down"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRt6Tt6RyM
          http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

lmao .... this is so funny ... but the song that gets stuck in my head when things are slow ... like if I am showering or driving ... is Breaking up is hard to do .... the slow version from Neil Sedaka ... so I usually end up belting it out ...... if there is no one with in ear shot that is

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
              Most mornings, when I get up to get ready for work, by the time I get to the bathroom sink to brush my teeth, I have some random song stuck in my head on infinite repeat.
              Same with me, every morning. A lot of days it's a cartoon theme song - Flinstones, Scooby Doo, etc. No idea why.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post

You are correct Sir!

Comment

Great, thanks guys, now I have Steely Dan singing Blow the man down in my head

Comment

Things you cannot un-hear: first 5 notes of the main riff = part of the inspector gadget theme song

Cool song though

Comment

Come all ya young fellers that follow the sea,
                      With a yo ho! Blow the man down,
                      Now just pay attention and listen to me,
                      Give me some time to blow the man down.

http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=es&p=2278&c=23
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

lmao Kool

Comment

Blow, blow, blow the man down .......

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                            Great! I'm singing the wrong lyrics in my head too!

Comment

Right now it's Vedrai, carino from Don Giovanni, which is not to say I'm much of a classical music fan (I know almost nothing about it), this just happens to be one of the five or six classical records I own and listen to.

Yesterday it was Total Eclipse of the Heart (I just had to go and learn the literal video lyrics), Nite Club by The Specials, and Shine On, Harvest Moon (I was playing it while practicing the lap steel).

I generally have some song or another going around in my head for most waking hours of the day. I'm not sure if that's how it is for everyone. I would assume so, but then again, I used to think that everyone had prehensile toes and could curl their tongue.
                              People will believe anything, which means I will believe anything…I want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                              -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X