Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sFear
    Tron-type Grid Theme for TankPit Game
    sFear
    I've been trying to create a new graphics theme for TankPit (just an online game I play). My friends have told me it's hard on the eyes.

How to have the Tron-type, illuminated cyan look...
    Today, 03:21 PM
  • sFear
    Hello. sFear here! :D
    sFear
    Hello everyone!

I'm just recently getting into graphics design. I found this site through Google and thought I might be able to learn a lot and get some good advice from the experts!
    Today, 03:05 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Unused designs - who owns them?
    KitchWitch
    Hi EmberMike and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:40 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Avatars
    KitchWitch
    If you read the original post, you'll find, "The function that allows avatars to be uploaded broke a few weeks ago for unknown reasons." There's a workaround posted in comment #6 you can try....
    Today, 01:39 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Omar and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 01:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any android users?

My Windows phone finally became more trouble than it was worth, especially since I have no need for excel with my current job. I now have a Samsung Android-based phone. Sooooo much more usable than what I had--checking stuff on the net is now possible without waiting forever.

Do I need an anti-virus type program on this phone? It seems logical that if I'm on the web very much, or opening emails, an AV program would be a good idea. Anybody have any suggestions on a good one?

Any other suggestions for utilities that I should look into?

Thanks!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

I just went from an iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy SII- I'm using the Antivirus app on it. It scans everything I download, and has a few other very cool functions.
    "Be realistic, plan for a miracle."

Comment

Right now? You probably dont. could it help you somewhere down the line? For sure.

With android phones outselling the iphone, the openness of android and the relative ease of getting an app published, there could be some serious security threats (already have been).

I havent bothered with one yet.
      "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

I was an Android user for about two years (original Droid then Droid X). Recently replaced with an iPhone and I'm never going back. So much better for work, organizing things, etc because of how effortlessly it syncs with my computer. The Androids were supposed to sync but rarely did. I have heard they work better with PC's than Macs, but all I've ever owned have been Macs so I can't say for sure.

I used my Androids A LOT and never had any issue with viruses.
        http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

My Android just doesn't get along with my Cyborg!
          "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
          Aesop

Comment

I have an Android (droid x, then x2), and I love mine!!! I use a mac and the only thing it doesn't synch well with is my ical, but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong there tho... since I cant get my ical to synch with anything really...

I have major issues with my phone #, my line has some kind of virus associated with it that it's had since I signed up years ago, just hadn't noticed it till after I got rid of my bb. But other than the line glitches, it's a great phone. Convinced Mr Ang to get one as well and he looooooves his (he has a thuinderbolt). I've considered going to an iphone, but I use google email, and really like how it synchs, as well as my calendar function. I'm sure that an iphone would work just as well, just haven't found an iphone user that uses gmail.
            Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
            - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X