Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    <b>
    I got to 22 on the first game. Some of those lighter squares really were difficult to spot.
    Today, 01:29 AM
  • grphxdsner
    Comment on Seriously? I hate printers.
    grphxdsner
    I think the fact that designia turned down two other quotes from them probably means they won't bend for a new client that they assume won't do a ton of business with them.
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • grphxdsner
    Comment on Seriously? I hate printers.
    grphxdsner
    PrintDriver, you can definitely get general pricing I do it all the time... You simply ask what panel sizes they stock, or ask to price standard sizes that most large format shops can do. And I'm not...
    Yesterday, 11:41 PM
  • Chris Fuller
    Career switch advice
    Chris Fuller
    I've been a print designer for nearly 4 years now and im looking to switch into a new medium. I would like to move into either motion graphics or web. I already know the basics of after effects and a...
    Yesterday, 11:33 PM
  • grphxdsner
    Reply to critique my branding attempt
    grphxdsner
    I wouldn't say that this is horrible by any means, but I don't think that the design lends to the name.

When I think of "creative liftoff" I think of motion, fluidity, ideas and...
    Yesterday, 11:08 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 3 more days till Halloween Friday!!

All you, Zombie counting, Multi savant, Surviving the rapture... again, Most relaxed ever, Walking dead, Halloweening, Android getting, Blow the man down stuck in your head, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by <b> View Post
    Funny you should ask, but yes. Art directors spend their days on paperwork, managing cat fights, sleeping through meetings, hanging out on Internet forums, spreading vile rumors, snooping in subordinant's drawers while they're at lunch, taking credit for other people's work and figuring out sadistic ways to intimidate and belittle underlings. Evenings and weekends are the only times art directors get to do any art.
    Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
    Oh yay! I saw there was bacon, and even waffles, on other people's welcomes and I got jealous. But now I'm not jealous. Now I'm baconified.
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    My husband and I give TV a break, too, though sometimes TV surprises me. And in some movies we expect it (I rent some movies specifically because I hear they are terrible in every way, so I get what I ask for there). But some of these huge budget things, it's so insulting. What am I, an amateur? I see your fake blood splatter, lazy CGI person, and raise you a castle made of popsicle sticks!
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    LOL reminds me of the emoticon sex.

+ = 69
    Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
    I wonder if antibiotics would have an effect on the zombie infection
    Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    antinecrotics
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    Needs more whalesong.
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    Yeah, you can always spot the graphic designers during an office fire drill on a sunny day.

They're the ones cowering behind large trees, suffering from sudden vitamin D gain.

It's a twilight life.

Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    Based on your spelling and grammar, I'm going to assume you typed that while bleary eyed due to a bout of uncontrolled sobbing.

*hugs lith*

There there, big man....just because I'm mean, doesn't mean I don't care....it's just funnier that way.

*continues holding lith*

Shhhh....calm down....dry those eyes.

That's a good boy....

Would it make you feel better if I let you kick TA in the balls?

Yea?

Ok....you go get him. Have fun.

*to self*
    They grow up so fast.....

I think we might be limiting ourselves, here. Who says there has to be one collective noun for zombies? They're such a varied creature.

If you wanted to follow an event timeline, you might start with A Disbelief of Zombies or A Shock of Zombies. As things progressed you would shift into A Mob of Zombies, A Hunger of Zombies or A Swell of Zombies. Towards the end, as things 'died' down or fell off, you could be looking at (depending on the means of ultimate demise) A Mess of Zombies, A Splatter of Zombies or An Extinction of Zombies.

You could look at it as a variety of things rather than one, like a flock of seagulls or a murder of crows - both of which are still birds. So you could have A Shuffle of Zombies, A Sprint of Zombies, A Creep of Zombies or A Stink of Zombies.

You could even go by genres, as we've probably all seen different types of zombies in different movies and tales. If you can only see the zombies in black and white, you've got A Romero of Zombies (only because A They're Coming To Get You Barbara of Zombies is too long). If they were brought about by infected blood, you're running from A Rage of Zombies. Resident Evil fan? That's A Contamination of Zombies. Peter Jackson fans will be watching Dead Alive and seeing A Pruning of Zombies. If you're into Shaun of the Dead, you start with a Giggle of Zombies and progress to a Guffaw of Zombies. If you're listening to Thriller, you've probably got a Choreography of Zombies on your hands.
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    But I all think we can agree that it's an "Ineptitude of Clients"
    Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    Boy, that really was relaxing! About ten seconds into it I passed out for awhile.

In hindsight that may have been from hitting my head on my desk as I dove to turn it off
    This morning it was Candle in the Wind by Elton John. Not the first time I've ever accidentally woken up with a gay man, but certainly the most melodical.

Originally posted by Patrick Shannon
    Oh my......

"My company edits TV commercials for large advertising agencies. It never ceases to amaze me what they are able to ask for without thinking first. We produced a thirty second commercial for product x that was approved by the client. After finishing this process, they realized that for the same cost, they could air the commercial twice the number of times if it was only fifteen seconds long. So the client asks if we can make the 30 seconds into 15 seconds... me - We can do this, but which parts would you like to cut out? cleint - Dont cut anything out. Just make it 15 seconds. Let me know when the time shrinking plug-in is available..."
    Originally posted by _Tyger_
    woohoooo...let the hunt begin! let's take down the Undie Queen!
    Originally posted by Drawing a Blank
    Marketing- "We need a lightbulb put in as quickly as possible will this one be alright (holding up a bulb for a refrigerator) or should we get a different one?

Graphics-"Well that bulb won't do because this is a flouresent light and that is for kitchen appliances. I need the correct bulb and if you get me the correct bulb I can have it changed in a few minutes." <Marketing runs off to find the correct bulb>

TWO WEEKS LATER

Marketing- "This is still a rush job that needs to be done as quickly as possible will this bulb fit (holding up a flashlight bulb) or should we get yet another one?

Graphics- "This bulb won't fit either. I need the correct bulb before I can complete this project!"

Marketing- "Can you give me a drawing so I will know exactly what you want?"

Graphics- "Here you go here is your drawing. Please get me the correct bulb this time"

THREE DAYS LATER

Marketing- "I lost the drawing can you give me another copy?"

Graphics- "Here is the %^&**!? drawing! Now get me the correct bulb!!"

TEN DAYS LATER

Marketing- "Here is the correct bulb. We promised the client they could have this right away why aren't you done yet??"

Graphics completes the job in 30 seconds.

WOOT! Great job Kool!

Game 7 of the World Series, Cards vs. that team from Texas that used to be the Washington Senators.

GO CARDS!!
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Awesome quotage Kool

Have a great weekend y'all

Comment

lol!! I didn't see that one from Broacher the first time around. It's so true!!

Happy Halloween Friday everyone! I'm swamped, but had to get my weekly QOTW fix. I now have to go back to the 'infinite-tweaks-on-copy-and-imagery-so-we-can-make-our-opponent-look-bad-so-we-get-our-candidates-elected-but-don't-get-sued-in-the-process' HELL of the political season.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Great Quotes! Thanks Kool!!

Happy Haunted Weekend Everybody!!
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I did not appreciate that kick in the balls comment lol.

Happy Friday ya'll! Going to the bar after work, one of the translation ladies is leaving and she has nice boobs so I thought I would go.

Curious, how long does a quote have to be around before it's a classic lol?
            Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Yay Friday quotes!

It's kinda sad that my most professional-sounding posts in this forum are discussing zombies, not design. Oh well.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

great quotes...sorry about missing that in the before...so much happening now I miss some little details of thanks.

week went by OK until last night. (two bits of horrible news via FB-terribly shocking)

that aside, this week is supposed to be Longwood Gardens for their mum festival on Saturday. Sunday is church and a neighbor's 4th birthday party (she's Luke's, sometime, wife). somewhere in there finding time to create my costume. (boat) and possibly sudden change of plans based on the bad news from earlier. (tonight going over friend's house to talk about the two events.)

stress stress stress....but Monday is Halloween, and cosutmes, and possibly leaving early.
                Last edited by BJMRamage; 10-28-2011, 03:06 PM. Reason: Thanks Kool!!
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

I remember I was once quoted, possibly the greatest day of my online life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                    Going to the bar after work, one of the translation ladies is leaving and she has nice boobs so I thought I would go.
                    hahaha doesn't take much eh?

happy friday all! don't think i'm doing anything crazy over the weekend, maybe fire up the smoker tonight if i stop off at the store tonight. got a few movies from netflix that i wanna check out and Black Ops is having a double XP weekend so i'll be getting my xbox on OH frankie is going for his first haircut as you can see....

he is in desperate need! petsmart said it could take 3 hours for the whole session hope the little guy doesn't freak out.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                      Curious, how long does a quote have to be around before it's a classic lol?
                      At least two years. I took most of a year off about two years ago so lately I have been going way back in the archives.

Comment

Happy Friday everyone!!!!
                        I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Aw, Frankie is so cute!
                          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                            At least two years. I took most of a year off about two years ago so lately I have been going way back in the archives.
                            Ah. I thought it was only 1 year. No matter...

blog/portfolio

Comment

OMG Friday....I've been waiting for you all week!

Thanks for the Quotes and Intro, Kool. You do amazing work! lol

soooo tired today! We were at the Foo Fighters concert last night, and it was a late one. This day can't go by fast enough! As for weekend plans...tonight I have coffee with a friend. Tomorrow, we're heading over to another friends place to hang out and watch some movies. Sunday is the last day of paintball for the season (well, outdoor at least, and indoor kinda sucks). It's gonna be chilly, but it's always worth it!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
                              Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                              | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                              | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X