Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your PSA for this weekend - Fall back!

As your public service announcer for today, this is a reminder to change those clocks and replace the batteries in those live saving devices like smoke alarms.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2011.html

Have a great sleep in!

Ours went back last week? Have I been living in the future for a whole week?

I do feel more rejuvenated in the mornings though. Plus it's slightly brighter which helps.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Really...last week? I bought one of these , but I haven't had it but three days. If I read correctly, it is about a week before people start noticing the changes. It's rather small too. 5 x 5" maybe and portable!

The last few years I've noticed the winter blues to the point I was concerned. I think there are other factors, but when DST kicks in, the daylight seems really scarce and I can tell the difference.
      Last edited by Tea; 11-04-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

That's cute Tea, We're reaching the part of the year where I get to work when it's still dark, and it's dark by the time I leave work. Bleak times.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

It's dark out still here and I have to head out any minute...I do have windows at my job, so that helps, but the last couple winters even the sun hid under the clouds for warmth and she left us to fend for ourselves!

Comment

Thank you Tea

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Tea.

For some reason, George W. thought it would be a good idea to change when the States set their clocks back. Because we do so much business with the States, Canada did the same for convenience. The rest of the world seems to have said "Screw you, Bush!" and stuck with the ORIGINAL dates because changing the date was just so dumb....

That's why Eugene set his clock back last week.

Thanks a lot Bush...way to screw with the rest of the world on something so stupid as time difference.
              Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
              | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
              | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

It baffles me how some countries/states don't do DST. Isn't the point of times zones because of the rotation of the earth? (I'm sure there is a more scientific reasoning behind it...) So when they don't do DST (some do it, just not every year or every time???)

I'm confused... LOL
                Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

It's a messed up system. And from what I've read, it actually costs most places MORE in energy costs than not doing it.

But, I'm not about to move to Saskatchewan to avoid it.

That is, most of Saskatchewan. Areas of Canada that do not using Daylight Saving Time include: Fort St. John, Charlie Lake, Taylor and Dawson Creek in British Columbia, Creston in the East Kootenays -- and most of Saskatchewan (except Denare Beach and Creighton).

I wonder if the world would have evolved into a more pleasant place had bears evolved to become the dominant megafauna of this planet?

So instead of setting their clocks forwards or backwards -- they would just all get really fat in September/October and sleep it off until March.

Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Getting fat in October/November/December is a human trait too.
                    Halloween Candy/Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner?
                    Then they try to sleep it all off by Mid-May for beach season. Trouble is, sleeping doesn't remove it.

Comment

It's the News-Herald of Willoughby, Ohio.
                      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

This explains the tics.

Comment

lmaoooooo

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

You know what they say in Willoughby, "Ain't nobody here but us... chickens."

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X