X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have Production manager job description

I want Production manager job description. Do you have? Can you post here or can you tell me where I can find?
    Many thanks advance!

Welcome to the forum Ella. Please read these important threads posted HERE and especially HERE. They will explain a lot about how the forum runs, from the rules and regulations to frequently discussed topics to the background on some of our lingo and inside jokes.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

From AIGA's salary survey: http://designsalaries.org/

"A production manager is responsible for running the process of producing design projects, overseeing bids, production schedules and delivery."

Comment

Is that all it says??? I can think of about 20 other things that fall under the PM umbrella.

Comment

Same here. How about 'Persuading vendors, designers, etc. (via sweet-talking, bribery, etc.) to compensate for lost schedule time incurred by executive approval delays'. That's pretty major in most places where I've worked.

Here's Aquent's blurb from the print (PDF) of the Canadian 2007 survey:

Print Production Manager
          A print production manager is responsible for
          managing the process (bids, scheduling, production
          and delivery) of producing design projects,
          from concept through production, including
          photography, separations, four-color press work,
          as well as digital production. Print production
          managers are strong project managers, managing
          multiple jobs simultaneously.
          Last edited by Bob; 11-07-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Don't forget mind reading, hand holding and playground monitor.

Comment

Don't forget that the Production Manager needs to dish out and take jokes and abuse from cheeky printers.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X