Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Logo critique
    kemingMatters
    Call me crazy but green is just one of those colours I don't want to see when I'm thinking about a grilled cheese or comfort food. IMHO I think your first iteration attempt was better and just need a...
    Today, 12:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Final Art Disclaimer
    PrintDriver
    The problem today is many clients and designers consider the printer's proof one more opportunity to proof read. The document you are having printed should be FINAL before it is sent to the printer. The...
    Today, 11:30 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Design Assignment
    PrintDriver
    A lot of people will not download a PDF from an unknown source. Especially with the recent rash of Cryptoware floating around. You'll get more response if you post an image.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Trouble Printing Correctly onto Labels, even with my own Template
    PrintDriver
    most printers have a border that cannot be infringed. Unless you have a borderless printer, you need to account for that. Usually the bottom border is wider than the other three too.

What...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    Guys, thanks a lot for your feedback and comments! Really appreciated!
    Sorry I really don't get it how to quote everybody in one reply only, it keeps copying just one post instead of many.
    Today, 11:14 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleveny Friday!

All you, Killer tasting, Dancing like a maniac, Illy self completing, Pleased with a grubby printer, Teaching your dog to ring a bell, Barrel rolling, Wishing you had a beer machine at work, Levitating, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    Like the time I tried to delete a sub-page from a web site and accidentally deleted the entire web site? Those kinds of things?
    Originally posted by The Artist View Post
    I can just picture all of us waddling around a nice padded area... bumping into eachother...

Bladez is in the corner trying to eat paint.

Typically is bending over, rearing his head down and trying to act like a bull by trying to ram into Virgo

Kittie is trying kiss everyone claiming she's going to take them back to her dundgeon

Garricks is swinging a stick around the area saying he's going to banish whoever he hits.

Kool is sitting down in the grass, just enjoying life.
    *whisper* we think the doctors are giving him extra drugs

Eugene disappeared for sometime, we think he was trying to dig himself a tunnel to China.

Oh and Broacher usually runs up behind people and whispers things in their ears, don't antagonize him too much when he does that, he gets rowdy if you do.

That sums our little area up more or less. I'm sure you'll fit in fine here.
    Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
    Programs don't make pretty pictures that don't print well... rappers do!
    Originally posted by budafist View Post
    What's up with the spacing around the comma? It looks , like , this . But, it, should, look, like, this.

The design gives me this weird urge to drink my own piss. Dunno what it is.
    Originally posted by The Artist View Post
    n00b.
    Originally posted by garricks View Post
    My badge is in the other room, my pants are off, and I'm about to pour another scotch.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    I don't EVER want to be that 'connected'.
    You all can get in line for your biochip. I'll pass.
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    Babies come from eating too much bacon and looking at boobies at the same time.
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    I bet prostitutes get spec proposals a lot.

I bet that their response to such a request might be translated somewhere along the lines of: "Go investigate the DIY possibilities -- however anatomically impossible they may be."

Originally posted by Jeff Fisher LogoMotives
    Ouch!!! That looks like it might hurt. Isn't there something about not putting a square peg in a round hole? Kind of looks like a VERY large sumo wrestler sitting on the Chysler Building....

- J.
    Originally posted by Image
    That kind of work reminds me of poop. Seriously.

It looks cool and all, but it's just an experimental random mix of filters and gradients until something sort of cool happens. Then they just polish it to make it look like that did that on purpose. Add a couple silly trendy hairlines and some letters to make it look like a machine rather than a huge mess of sweeping blurryness, and call it art. Eh.
    Originally posted by Keyare
    No one will love me until I swear off Corel. So I'm switching to PrintMaster Gold for Macintosh. I hear that once I use a Macintosh I will be loved and admired and the ladies will feed me grapes and wine and bathe my feet in olive oil because of the mystical aura of the macintosh. It's $29.95! I can afford that to kick start my new career! Yes, I will be the Print Master! And I will send you SignMaster files! You're a sign guy - you MUST have SignMaster! I will have over TEN FONTS to choose from! and a lot of clipart on floppy disk! It's SO EASY!
    I will be able to work from home and with just a click of the mouse I will be able to charge thousands of dollars for making logos right from the many bitmap logos supplied with SignMaster! I WILL BE THE ADONIS OF DESIGN! MY EMAIL TOLD ME SO! And after my first logo I will be buying Quark! I saw it in a pawn shop on Hastings! I hear it's what EVERYBODY who's ANYBODY uses! I can't believe it's still there and nobody snapped it up! I will be the QuarkMaster! A Quarkaholic, The King of Quark, The Quarkinator and then I will send you signs in Quark and call you a Mr. McNastyPants because you can't use my Quark files even though EVERYBODY who's ANYBODY knows that EVERYBODY uses Quark!
    THEN! After my first logo, I might have enough left over to buy Photoshop! Or I might have to do a second logo to pay off my student loan and my car and maybe a few alimony payments - but I might still have enough left over for Photoshop! And boyo boy imagine what I could do to you with THAT program! I'll be able to make Buttons! I will put buttons on everything. Posters, business cards, LOGOS! I will be the 3D ButtonMASTER! A buttonoholic, the King of Buttons, the Buttonator!

Wow! Early Friday post! Thanks Kool.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

LMAO Buttonator... sounds like something from Eurotrip's Club Vandersex

snow this morning, hopefully it's gone when I get home.
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Yay Eleveny! Great quotes, thanks Kool!

This weekend I get to see how the flavored booze turned out, re-bottle it and frill it up for gift giving. Plus I'm going to make sugar scrubs and perhaps homemade lip balm. Anything to up the heat in the house. It got cold.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Yay! Nothing beats reading the Friday thread from home! Thanks Kool!

Not much going on today except taking the cat to the vet for her annual check up and shots. Tonight sounds like making dinner and watching movies. Maybe more organizing of the craft area in the basement now that I have one more shelving unit to stuff things into.

Have a good weekend everybody! And if you know or see a war vet, say thank you. And if you decide to go shopping to take advantage of a Veterans' Day sale, please go someplace where the proceeds go to veterans' causes and isn't just using Veterans' Day as a distasteful excuse to make money.

blog/portfolio

Comment

happy friday everyone, thanks for the quotes Kool!

payroll shit the bed so i won't get paid till monday now so my weekend will be very low key, good thing i already have my copy of MW3

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

LMAO!!! Who posted my

noob.
              haha! made my day.

Happy Friday ya'll
              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

I like how Bladez is in the corner trying to eat paint. Keep at it big guy, you'll get it figured out eventually.

I believe this is the weekend to weatherize soooo..... I got that goin for me. Happy Weekend Everybody!!
                I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Hiya Gang!!!! I just opened my peepers lol

Time for coffee ... so nothing too thrilling from me at the moment.

Everyone slept in today except my poor Sister .. she had to go to work bright and early.

My weekend starts tomorrow night .... you won't hear much if anything from me after that until I return in a few days.

It's sort of nice having a bit of a net break here and there

So, have a great weekend everyone!!!! Do something fun and get out and enjoy the fleeting bits of nice weather we have left ♥

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Hooray for quotes and elebenty!!! Happy friday everyone! I'm "home" sick (granted I'm always home, but it's no fun being home sick when I work from home...)

[And the dog just puked as I wrote that]

Sooooo, other than puking and feeling like I've been hit by a truck, Mr Ang is buying a new truck tonite (fire engine red- how appropriate, LOL). So hopefully tomorrow will be "less" eventfull so I can feel better soon. (I'm a big baby when I'm sick :P)
                    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                    - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Happy Elevenfest everyone!
                      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

My big plan for the weekend is going to see Melvern Taylor and his Fabulous Meltones at Bayside Bowl (a performance space in a bowling alley, that's Portland, ME all right). Haven't been to such an event in forever.

Happy weekendery, all.
                        People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
                        -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Hey Miss Mo! {{{{Huggles}}}} ♥

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Hey everyone, may you all have Eleventymillionthousand days of Fridays!!!
                            "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                            Aesop

Comment

Going in at the crack of dawn has it's advantages when you get to leave at 3:30. But it was a long day and I've been very irritated by things going on, so I'm enjoying a BFGOW and chocolate now.

Have to take the Jeep in (again) tomorrow, so depending on how that plays out, I hope to hit the Festival of the Masters art show either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday.

Thanks for the great weekly catch-up Kool!

Have a great weekend everybody!
                              "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X