Reply to New design lover here
    Buda
    Welcome Sasa.
    Today, 10:13 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    Buda
    I agree, the borders are too heavy.

Don't stretch the text. Use it at 100% scale only.

Personally, I don't think you need vertical lines at all. Just horizontal rules would...
    Today, 10:12 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Business Card Critique
    Buda
    The back and the front look like branding for two completely different businesses.

What pt size is your contact details? It looks a bit too small from here. I wouldn't go under 8pt. You might...
    Today, 10:09 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF ralf

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 09:48 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Business Card Critique
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF wut

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 09:48 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

http://www.ted.com/talks/louie_schwa...gratitude.html
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Pssst! Fellow Canadians! C'mon -- the Yanks are all getting stuffed on Thanksgiving. You know what that means! Yep, it's...

CANADIAN
    FORUM-PARTY TIME!

Did anyone bring cards?

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, PanToshi.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!
        "Geometry can produce legible letter but art alone makes them beautiful. Art begins where geometry ends, and imparts to letters a character trascending mere measurement."

Comment

You mean Happy (fake) Thanksgiving right?

Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
            You mean Happy (fake) Thanksgiving right?

Have you met my banstick, Canuck?

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I'm from Montreal, Badgerman, not Vancouver.

God, get with the program

You can hit me now...

Comment

God, get with the program :roll eyes:

You can hit me now...
                Is that truly the distinction
                "Geometry can produce legible letter but art alone makes them beautiful. Art begins where geometry ends, and imparts to letters a character trascending mere measurement."

Comment

I'm from Montreal, Badgerman, not Vancouver.

God, get with the program

You can hit me now...
                  OK, I'll hit you with this:

According to Bart Bandy's Lexicon of Canadian Etymology (Don Mills, Ont., C. Farquharson, 1994), the term evolved from the French word canule around the time of the American Revolution, but its path of evolution is still not clear. Another possibility is that it rose from a mispronunciation among Benedict Arnold's forces as they laid siege to Quebec in the winter of 1776. According to Bandy, the comte de Theleme-Menteuse was one of the locals captured by the Americans. In his Contes bizarre d'Isle d'Orleans, the latter says that the Americans picked up the common phrase "Quelle canule", but they were usually shivering so hard when they said it that it came out with the "l" hardened into a guttural stop – thence a "k".
                  SOURCE

Comment

Shit...

You win this round Badger...

Comment

Now, can we get back on topic?

I'm grateful for this awesome place and the wonderful members here, including the Canadians. I have a lot to be grateful for this year.

Comment

Lol Can't believe you fou- wait... No it's from Wikipedia, I don't believe it.

ERRONEOUS I SAY!

Comment

Lol Can't believe you fou- wait... No it's from Wikipedia, I don't believe it.

ERRONEOUS I SAY!
                          That does call into question it's authenticity...

Comment

Then feel free to check the cited source.

On topic, please.

Comment

the n00b's from Montréal... just call him a tabernac and be done with it,

...figures that he'd think about hockey first, he's probably wearing the Canadiens clown suit right now...
                              Design is not decoration.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X