X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Colonel Potter

Harry Morgan, the prolific character actor best known for playing the acerbic but kindly Colonel Potter in the long-running television series “M*A*S*H,” died on Wednesday morning at his home in Los Angeles. He was 96.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/ar...t-96.html?_r=1
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Sherman T Potter Not too shabby going @ 96
    "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
    Aesop

Comment

Old Harry had a hell of a life and career. I remember watching Dragnet when I was little every afternoon. Officer Gannon

I aways found it funny that he played a crazy general in a Mash episode before he came on as Col. Potter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
        Old Harry had a hell of a life and career. I remember watching Dragnet when I was little every afternoon. Officer Gannon

I aways found it funny that he played a crazy general in a Mash episode before he came on as Col. Potter.
        Me too! I've seen every episode probaby 20 times.

RIP Harry!
        “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
          They air episodes on some cable network on weekend nights.
          He was awesome in nodding affirmatively when Joe Friday would light into some punk kid with a terse and damning lecture on the evils of marijuana.
          Or pot or reefer as you kids call it.

It helped punctuate the seriousness of the lecture and the righteousness of Joe Friday's tireless crusade against juvenile delinquency and the horror that results from kids--some as young as twelve years old smoking a powerful and damaging narcotic.
          Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

I still enjoy watching reruns of MASH when I can It was my moms favourite show, and she always watched it when I was a kid. Now, when I watch it, I understand why she found it so funny.
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Aww first I've heard of this. He was such a great actor

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X