Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    Cosmo
    We get files from all versions in all the time. Got an Illustrator 8 file the other day. Never had a problem updating them to CS6.
    Today, 08:52 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    salsa
    I upgraded from CS2 to CS6 a year ago and haven't had any problems. I mostly use ID and AI though, so I can't speak to PS.

Are you staying on the same computer? Getting a new one? That might...
    Today, 08:49 PM
  • Obsidian86
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Obsidian86
    SO WHAT. Sacrificing virgins is lame and not very impressive. People have been doing that for ages, even before Rosa Parks defended the Alamo at the battle of Stalingrad. Now bring some virgins back to...
    Today, 08:41 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Creative Suite and upgrading
    kemingMatters
    If you can find a copy of it. I would suggest upgrading to a version that Adobe still supports just incase you run into issues, that way you can call Adobe and they can kill a couple hours of your day...
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on Creative Suite and upgrading
    garricks
    No. You must upgrade to either CS6 or Creative Cloud.

You only get the "upgrade price" if you have a serial number for the version before. You're not eligible.

You...
    Today, 08:25 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Pokemon Seziure Friday!!

Thanks to all who sent me stuff this week
    Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by Audentia View Post
    It's taken me just over 3 months to start to feel that drag again.
    Too bad, I was hoping it stayed away, I guess you just have to decide which of the 'drag' options are the least evil.

Personally I was thinking of being a pink butterfly with hairy legs, that kind of drag just might work for me.
    Originally posted by jld View Post
    ...I refuse to do anything associated with Flash. I had bad experiences with it as a child. It used to beat me, ignore me and come home drunk.
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    If I asked my clients for a design brief I would most likely get jpgs of underwear.
    Originally posted by Nobert View Post
    If I were the only witness to a crime, and it was known only that the suspect was an upper-case grotesque sans, well, all I can say is God help the rest of the typefaces in that lineup.
    Originally posted by Nobert View Post
    For line drawing and cartooning, personally, it's charred cow bones mixed with water and beetle secretion for me. I don't care what kind of pressure-sensitive, variable-line-width tricks they've come up with in video/digital land.
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    Uh oh... we got shrinkage...
    Originally posted by Typically View Post
    life as a pimp is never an easy one
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    As to the extra work involved, PPPPPPP. Proper prior planning prevents piss-poor performance. Get the specs up front and you don't have to redo anything.
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    So you want us to do your homework for you

Sorry, I have too much to do myself. Best of luck.
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    Bladez, you're gonna get yourself slapped by Kittie and Audi. And maybe even Eugene.
    Originally posted by The Artist View Post
    Yoss-y-boy I'm catching up to you in posts... but who's counting.

You know... it's too bad that you've all pushed my buttons in ways you can't imagine. Now I'll never know what it's like to become a Mod... you're all aware that if that ever happened your avatars would all be tiny rodents with the words "We Worship TA" above.

Yes... Yes, I do dream of that.

Originally posted by jhenn
    I cringed reading these posts! Do any of the involved parties know how to construct a complete sentence properly? I thought I had gained access to a site full of grade school students, but then I realized that it was actually for adults! Hey Woodwardo, your sentence structure is horrid! How do you get along in the work world with those types of glaring, blatant grammatical errors in your writing? No wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket. The general population is illiterate!
    Originally posted by Rocketpig
    I wish you all would quit design. That way I could rule the world and execute my plan to use a monkey in EVERY advertisement ever made.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver
    No one in this industry gets a good job just handed to them (except for boss's kids and passion slaves).

Awesome Fridayness Kool! Thanks!

Today I start a two-week vacation! w00t! Lots of eating, drinking, sleeping, and slapping n00bs.

I can't wait.
    Last edited by garricks; 12-16-2011, 03:08 PM.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Happy Friday, gang. Thanks Kool for the quotes and everyone for submitting really makes my Friday.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Great quotes, I so look forward to this post every Friday!

Tomorrow I get to put a DVD tower together for my mother and try to figure out how out-dated her internet browser is. But I'm also getting a new cell phone, so yay!

Happy weekend everyone.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Great quotes Kool!! I'm glad it's FRIDAY!

Tonight we have our company holiday dinner. Food food food... and some drinks drinks drinks... Though I really hope our sales rep decides not to join us. No one likes her, and she always has to find a way to turn the conversation to herself or blame everyone but herself for her problems (which are in fact caused by her). Maybe one of us will get juuust tipsy enough to tell her off.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Yay Friday!!!

Thanks for the quotes Kool! Great stuff there! (pokemon seizure? Did I miss something here?)

Eeeeeeeeasy weekend! Buying the last 2 or 3 gifts I need to pick up, and that's it...the rest of the time will be spent relaxing and prepping myself mentally and emotionally for next weekend LOL!

Have a great weekend gang!!
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Today in 1997 an episode of Pokemon aired in Japan and induces seizures in 685 Japanese children

Heh after almost 400 of these I sometimes have a hard time thinking up a witty title. Usually nobody notices anyway LOL.

I could have used The Boston Teaparty but Pokemon induced seizures is much more interesting

Comment

You used to do a little summary of the thread titles in a witty sumarised paragraph, that was entertaining.

Getting lazy Kool???

*ban stick shield engaged*

Comment

You wanna volunteer to write it for him every week?

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                    Today in 1997 an episode of Pokemon aired in Japan and induces seizures in 685 Japanese children

Heh after almost 400 of these I sometimes have a hard time thinking up a witty title. Usually nobody notices anyway LOL.

I could have used The Boston Teaparty but Pokemon induced seizures is much more interesting
                    Holy crap that's awesome!!! Nicely done on the historical fact title!

And I notice all the titles you come up with...this has been the first that threw me for a loop
                    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                    | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                      You wanna volunteer to write it for him every week?
                      Eh.... no. Thanks for volunteering me though

Kool knows I'm joking... I hope

Comment

I still do my "All you" paragraph. Just the last couple of weeks I found myself uninspired. Some weeks it will practically write itself others I find myself staring at the thread titles for 20 minutes LOL.

Comment

I need to do this again. Maybe for our 10th anniversary next October

Comment

Holy Crap Yes you do!!!
                            | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Wow.
                              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X