Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Comment on Portfolio critique?
    PrintDriver
    Or not be inclined to hire you, knowing what you look like. Discrimination based on looks is illegal but why tempt fate?

Also, a personal logo begs the question, are you working for me and...
    Today, 04:31 PM
  • Danx
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Danx
    I just Googled some good articles about Gestalt / design principles, and now I get it (I hope). And I aggree, the logo is awful!

Thank you for the replies, very appreciated.
    Today, 04:25 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to What effect is this and how can I replicate it?
    kemingMatters
    It's called distressing, and there are countless ways to do it, most involve using a texture to make a selection or mask to delete or hide part of the image so it looks worn.
    Today, 04:00 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to Portfolio critique?
    Momoshy
    I think is very good, simple, organized, user friendly, variety of design.

Optional suggestions, you could add a picture of yourself somewhere. This is not mandatory but, there is a psicological...
    Today, 03:29 PM
  • Kool
    Comment on Preparing for print
    Kool
    Also, why did you lift your answer directly from this article? You could at least post a link so people can read the entire article. http://www.articlesbase.com/internet...les/custom-pri...
    Today, 03:24 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Christopher Hitchens

Christopher Hitchens
    One the greatest Essayists Writer and Thinker of our age or any age for that matter. 1949 - 2011
    "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
    Aesop

I can't say I'm familiar with him, but I did look him up after his obit hit the web. It seems that he was an individualist thinker who didn't fit neatly into any one established political worldview. Sounds like my kind of a guy. The world needs more people like that.
    People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
    -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

I'm not familiar with him either ... but as Nobert said he sounds like he was great man.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Watching him demolish champions of the faith is something to behold.

Comment

I heard that he had a three-minute conversation with God yesterday, after which God doubted his own existence.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by jld View Post
            Watching him demolish champions of the faith is something to behold.
            I echo your statement the man had vision and a great razor to deliver biting oration, I loved watching him debate he was succinct, lucid and a powerful thinker.
            "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
            Aesop

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X