Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• approveme
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    approveme
    These are 10 things you should take into account when choosing a logo designer:

Proven Success & Experience
    Positive Testimonials
    A Thorough Design Process
    Awards &
    Today, 09:06 AM
  • sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    thanks! could it be that you watched the site through Internet explorer ?
    I don’t know why but it pushes some things two pixel down. I work on a mac so I mostly tested it on chrome, safari...
    Today, 06:01 AM
  • extraordenary
    First Poster Design
    extraordenary
    Hey guys!
    I wanted to know what you guys think about my first poster design. I'm still in high school and I've just recently decided that I was going to pursue in this career path. Prior to this...
    Today, 05:26 AM
  • megoggsc
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    Thank you Billy! I am still working on it, but here is the version that I meant to upload. I emphasized the Portland sign a little more in this one. ...
    Today, 02:49 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    BillyLogan
    Great work! My only concern is that it does not seem to have a focus subject on it. Add something really cool or highlight something you want to emphasize. Aside from that, I find it really artistically...
    Today, 01:45 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally new and totally clueless

I am new to the forms and somewhat new to graphic design. I took designed for two years in high school and now I'm working for the college to continue my education. I was looking into the Art institutes and dry but quite frankly they are too expensive and I cant afford it. I was also looking into purchasing a laptop for my classes, I have always used PCs but it is my understanding that Macs are better for graphic design and I'm not quite sure what to do. Can anyone help me?

Welcome to the forum Curt. I hope you'll find it useful and fun here.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.
    _________

Here's the thread specifically about Mac vs. PC: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...12&postcount=9
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Welcome to GDF!

Have you looked into State University options? The California State University system has many locations that offer design programs/degrees.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Welcome
        Attached Files

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X