X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic Design, Online Schools.

Looking into getting a degree online from Ai (Art Institute) or Academy of Art online. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these schools and if they are accredited and looked at , just like any other school. Possibly gonna be Graphic design major or Photography.

Thanks for any or all input!

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. You'll find some answers in the following threads.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thanks Garr! I appreciate it and apologize for not reading! lol

Comment

Oh, no worries, and I'm sure other members will have up-to-the-semester advice.

Enjoy GDF!
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

First off there are two major types of accreditation that you'll need to look into. But at one point in time I was considering an online school. I had requested some information from the art institute and a consult via phone. I had a conversation with someone who claimed to be in charge of admissions, but couldn't shake the feeling I was talking to a used car dealer. Very pressuring and almost desperate to get you enrolled into the school. This was a major turnoff for me, and for the next several weeks they would blow up my phone, calling at least 3 times a day trying to talk me into enrolling. Even if the school is worthwhile I couldn't take any academic institution seriously that seems to want to enroll as many people as possible.

Comment

I don't take any graphic design program seriously that doesn't require a portfolio review of prospective students.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorzomby View Post
              First off there are two major types of accreditation that you'll need to look into. But at one point in time I was considering an online school. I had requested some information from the art institute and a consult via phone. I had a conversation with someone who claimed to be in charge of admissions, but couldn't shake the feeling I was talking to a used car dealer. Very pressuring and almost desperate to get you enrolled into the school. This was a major turnoff for me, and for the next several weeks they would blow up my phone, calling at least 3 times a day trying to talk me into enrolling. Even if the school is worthwhile I couldn't take any academic institution seriously that seems to want to enroll as many people as possible.
              I had the same experience.
              http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X