Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• BillyLogan
    Reply to Oh Portland!
    BillyLogan
    Great work! My only concern is that it does not seem to have a focus subject on it. Add something really cool or highlight something you want to emphasize. Aside from that, I find it really artistically...
    Today, 01:45 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    BillyLogan
    Designing is both a skill and a talent. It is naturally God-given but you can study about it some more to enhance it. I suggest that you go and study first about the basics, line, color, typography and...
    Today, 01:43 AM
  • megoggsc
    Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    This is something fun I did to remember my trip to Portland!...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Howdy from Texas!
    Buda
    What is the project and what is the product? Most companies protect their copyright quite vigourously. Even if you don't get caught, there's always a chance.

Could your project be considered...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    I prefer the first design concept, it just needs a bit more style to get it looking less generic.

This one's wings look like deformed human hands.
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Friday the 13th!

All you, Frustrated by legal downloads, Becoming a vapor, Playing all those decade movie games, Thinking you need an excuse to go for a pint, File/share worshipping, Almost friendless, Adobay fotoshop wanting, Finding nothing clever, Whining about movember, Graphic Designers!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
    Your about me should read something like this

Let me introduce myself and explain my reasons for why I like design. My name is Jordan Severns. I was born and raised in Detroit. It was in the art room where I spent most of my days. Chillin out painting, maxin' relaxin' all cool. Sprayin' some walls outside of school. And all of a sudden an English girl named Lucy starting speakin and we were all good. Everyone thought were making trouble in our neighbourhood. My mom got scared and said "You're movin' with your hamster and dogs to Bel Air". I begged and pleaded with her that day. But she packed my suitcases and sent me and the dogs on the way. She gave me a ticket and I put my MP3 on and said "I might as well kick it". Thought it was all first class with Pablo, who was tapping all the doggie ass, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Well... I whistled for a cab and when it came near. The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab was rare. But I thought 'Man foget it' - 'Yo home to Bel Air'.
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa … no one said anything about these friendships needing to be "quality" … I just heard a request for "quantity".

I should just point out that my friendship in general is never considered quality … it's usually referred to as "mildly annoying" at best.
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    I can see where textspeak could benefit juvenile toilet humor though. With "ur" becoming such a common replacement for "your" you can make Uranus jokes with even greater ease. I'm going to count that as a win.
    Originally posted by wwwigz View Post
    Hi-jacked ... in my own thread! *wags finger*
    You're lucky I have Illustrator to get to grips with or I'd put some effort in.

Anyway, waht kind of a name is Bladez? Ay???
    I hate it when people put Z's where there should be S's.

Originally posted by <b> View Post
    The legalities of so-called "free" fonts are all over the place. Some really are free to use, to give away, to modify or whatever. Some have restrictions placed on them, like they're free to use for non-commercial, private use or they can only be used during the two weeks preceding the vernal equinox and only then by virgin nuns living in Lichtenstein.

There are also lots of so-called "free fonts" with licensing agreements that claim to permit you use them when, in reality, the fonts themselves are illegal because they were ripped off by pimply faced high school kids using pirated copies of FontLab.

If you use free fonts, do so at your own risk. It's sort of like buying or selling sex on the street corner — sooner or later you'll catch a venereal disease (or worse).
    Originally posted by Craig B View Post
    Welcome to the madness.

Ignore TA … he's our resident perma–Noob. His post count will never be able to outweigh his noob-ness.

I also like the Wet Brick shot … but not wet bricks themselves, because of that one time I slipped on them while exiting a building in my 20s and being laughed at by a group of young school children. Or it may have been a group of youngish midgets wearing backpacks and lunch bags. Nothing against midgets, short people, dwarves, etc.

Heck, I was a midget for a while until I grew out of it …

Stupid wet bricks. To this day I still find myself occasionally cursing under my breath (rather loudly as it turns out … according to various eyewitnesses and exes.) at wet bricks as I try to avoid them.

Noobs on the other hand can't be avoided. Sigh … but TA is our noob. And at least when I curse under my breath at him, he can't hear me.
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    I guess it had to happen, but it's still hard to believe.

Dissention in the GDF Unified Bacon-Lover Front!

Hmm... maybe it really is going to be an apocalyptic year.
    A long time ago when I was just starting out doing freelance work, I got a call from a lady who needed a logo and lawn signs for her real estate company.

When I met with her she said the logo should be a drawing of her lemon yellow Cadillac parked next to a shopping cart that was full of houses. She also said that she wanted her pet poodle in the logo, but said she needed advice from a professional like me as to whether the poodle should be sitting behind the steering wheel of the Cadillac or standing on its hind legs pushing the shopping cart.

I told her than I thought neither would work all that well and that she was probably talking to the wrong designer. She then asked me to leave.
    Originally posted by garricks View Post
    Love is a many-splendored thing, it's just not very sparkly, huh Kittie?
    Originally posted by garricks View Post
    That was fun, but I felt a little like the guitar was being molested by all those peoples.
    Originally posted by artistsdad View Post
    Having barely passed gym class ( hey!--you get credit just for showing up and trying...) and having never worked out, I have no advice on that for anyone.

However, my wife and I are both champion snorers. I've recently found that lightly pinching one of her nipples works wonders to stop her snoring. And it's a lot nicer to go to sleep holding onto one of those wondrous appendages than it is holding my blanky to go back to sleep...
    Geech, if I tried that with my wife in the middle of the night, she would instinctively let out a blood-curdling scream while smashing me in the face with her nearest elbow. And all this would happen before she even woke up. Fortunately, she doesn't snore, so I won't be tempted to try it.
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    Perhaps you can devise some sort of sound-activated nipple twisting device. Once your snoring reaches a certain decibel level, it turns on and wrenches your itty bitty titty bits.

Originally posted by jimintn
    Welcome, Kim! If you haven't noticed already, some of the posters here are very sarcastic, it's irritating at times for those of us who try to act professionally. I'm not sure who those professionals are, but I'm sure they are here, and I'm pretty sure they get irritated at times when threads leave their topics. (that sounds like a new reality show doesn't it, "When Threads Leave Their Topics:An Inside Look At Forums and How They Should Work")
    Originally posted by Neballer
    You can't really expect the Master of this FREAKIN FORUM to just disappear can you. He'll be back after a good night sleep and a Flinstone Vitamin.
    Originally posted by Neballer
    I've been known to wrastle polar bears, and I have an army of trained monkey butlers.
    Originally posted by Rocketpig
    If fed the right amount of string cheese, I can do anything.

I can't believe I missed that "itty bitty titty bits" Post! Haha! QOTW is truly the highlight of my week.

Happy Friday ya'll!
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

lol @ Neb's Flintstone vitamin.

Happy Friday everyone!

My husband has a solo gig tonight at the bar two blocks from our house. Can you say... long night?

Tomorrow I'm NOT working at the restaurant, instead I'll be attending and participating in a family Parcheesi tournament at my parents' house n honor of my late grandmother (who was an avid and VICIOUS Parcheesi player). Ah, alcohol-fueled competition. Should be evil and fun all at the same time! Wish me luck!!

I have recovery time slated for Sunday. And if I have the energy, MAYBE I'll finally take down the Christmas tree.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Hello Friday … hello 3 day weekend (whoo hoo, off for MLK day!)

Great QOTW as always Señor Kool.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

lol, love the string cheese quote. Thanks as always, Kool.

More chores with mom tomorrow, three last pieces of baseboard have been staring at me, time to get them installed. Then staying warm and napping.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

One is quite flattered.

Less than a week and I get in QOTW?

Give me a month and I will get slashed to pieces by those Z's

"IT'S SPELT WITH A 'Z'!!!!"

I'm with ya on the "Itty Bitty Titty Bits!" TA

I'm gonna try and use that in a sentence as soon as I can.

And thank you, Kool
            Last edited by wwwigz; 01-13-2012, 04:47 PM. Reason: Politeness

Comment

Stepped on a crack a black cat crossed my path AND I invested in Greek, Irish, Italian and spanish goverment bonds. Good luck TGIF!!!
              "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
              Aesop

Comment

More itty-bits on snoring. Did you know that (most) Canadians prefer to 'catch some zeds' rather than 'zees'?

But we're all a bunch of communist sympathizers up here, anyhow.

As they say in Washington: Better dead than zed. (dibs on t-shirt rights)

Don't mind me, I'm trying to start an uncivil war between America and Canada again as part of the 1812 bicentennial.

Comment

Have a great weekend everyone!
                  Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Broacher, at first I thought you preferred to getz some hedz.

I need to visit an ophthalmologist.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

thanks for the quotes kool!

put on the woot boots! my gf is still out of town so i plan on buying a 2 litter of coke and finishing up a bottle of jack and playing some xbox! hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Great Job Sir Kool

Some epic quotage this week ... I love it

Have a great Friday and a super weekend gang!

Nothing special planned ... watching the young'n today for the Momma. I'm about Spongebobbed out lol

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Hey all! woot woot!!

An excellent job, as always, Kool (and the same goes to the other mods who supply the choicest morsels for Kool to chew on).

Have a happy friday and a great weekend. I'm going to spend some of my time discovering what exactly parcheezi is....
                          Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

Happy Friday Everyone (except TA and wwwigz)

Excellent line up this week. Thanks Kool! I know I didn't submit any, and have kinda slacked off on helping out...I'll try and improve on that.

I'm so freakin' tired today! thinking of ditching work early so I can go home and have a nap. This magazine is already late...what's another half day? lol

Let see...tonight, Audi and I are going out for dinner with a friend before he takes off to Mexico, tomorrow....uh....I have no idea. Hopefully just relaxing at home, there will probably be some light cleaning in there too. Sunday a friend is coming over with her 14 month old...so Audi gets to play with baby....she'll enjoy that! Yay for quiet weekends! Especially this one, as it sounds like it's gonna be f***-off cold!

Have a great one all! (except TA and wwwigz. You 2 only get to have a good one!)
                            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by Bladez View Post
                              Have a great one all! (except TA and wwwigz. You 2 only get to have a good one!)
                              Lol. You know what's funny dear? You still wouldn't know about that thread if I hadn't thought that wigz post was worthy of QOTW, so you have me to thank for finding out that we were making fun of you... wait... I missed something here didn't I.

Well... as Bladez says a few things happening. And I get to play with a small child!!! Huzzah! yes this is sadly exciting as we don't know a lot of people with babies that want to come over and play. Don't all our friends know that I am living vicariously through them to their children?
                              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X