X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Mozart Friday!

All you, Wishing you were dating in 1938, Wishing you had a pillow tie, Wishing you had a big tattoo, Wishing you were 50 like me, Wishing you would get the shoe finally, Wishing you could stay logged in, Wishing you had a Flong, Wishing you were part of a trend, Graphic Designers...

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    Bubbles. There are little bubbles I can't get rid of them and they make my eye twitch. And then when I get a call I have to put the bubbles next to my face, which is where my eye lives, and then the terrorists win.
    Originally posted by maynardsayswhat View Post
    If the OP thinks that anyone was actually being rude in this thread, just wait until you get a pissy client =)

"But I want a RED logo you dummy! MAKE IT RED"
    "Um, you're an accountant so..."
    "SHUT UP AND MAKE IT RED, MONKEY. I PAY, YOU DO!!!!!!"

Oh... the good ol' days... =D
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    With all these crap logos coming out lately, I think I may jump on the bandwagon and start an UNdesign studio, targetting businesses wanting ironic design (undesigned looks), kind of like a hipster moustache for your business.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    Sounds like High School, Pan.
    No one teaches adolescents on purpose. I believe it is some rare sort of punishment for being bad in a former life. Hope it was worth it!
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    Maybe that's why I relate to sloths. You know... "amazing how well they clean up".

I think that's why I like sloths. Underneath their pee-soaked, algaed exterior -- they are something else to look at.
    Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
    Well, I'm sure there isn't much light penetrating into your chest cavity, therefore everything in there is essentially black.
    Originally posted by garricks
    Not a problem. Just ignite one of your friends and break out the s'mores.
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    Getting pretty dusty in there, eh? Man up and run the dust and scratches filter on yourself.
    Originally posted by <b> View Post
    A couple of Christmases ago, my wife bought me one of those small, under-the-desk refrigerators. At the time, I wasn't too excited about it, but now, I'd have a hard time living without it.

It's black and looks like a bulky counter support. So far I've avoided attracting the attention of the building energy-use Gestapo squad that periodically checks for unauthorized gadgets tapping into the building's electrical supply. I glued a Dell logo to its side and ran a pointless Ethernet cable out of the back. If they wonder and don't inspect too closely, it'll just pass for a big, mysterious graphics computer gadget of some kind. Really, though, it's usually full of Dr. Pepper, Subway sandwiches and Chinese takeout.
    Originally posted by Bladez View Post
    K, here are my initial sketches (I already threw out 1 page of 'em...these are the ones that I was happier with so worked off of them)

Remember....I was supplied with the initial image...the OP just asked me to "make them more blue" and "make spring coloured ones" so I just adjusted colours and such for him.

After my initial concepts, it became design by jury, turning it into the magic it is now.

Originally posted by Jason Fraker
    I once heard Stefan Sagmeister say that if the job involves lightbulbs, he'll do something like try to represent what a peach might think of a lightbulb. That's a good strategy, I think.
    Originally posted by Neballer
    layer it with chuncky peanut butter and stick it to the wall. keep in mind only chuncky will work, not that pansy-ass creamy sh!t.
    Originally posted by rickself
    Max is still working out some travel kinks and has been "busy" the last week...in between naps and meals. That leaves about 2 hours a day for the important stuff...playing with the ghosts and his toilet paper tube and bottle cap from the water bottle!
    Life's a real challenge when you're a cat!

Lmaoo .... we are a very funny bunch

Thank you for a great Friday as always Kool!

have a super weekend everyone!!!

What will I be doing ... unpacking and finding a place for everything - just like I've been doing for a week and a half

I might have to throw in a cocktail here and there .... so no telling where some stuff might end up

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Sweet. It really IS Friday.

Oh and Bladez, if there's a God, he can't possibly hate purple. Doesn't God love ALL his colors?

Average boring weekend here, so nothing to report.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Woot! So glad it's friday. Can't wait to sleep in for the next two days!
        Last edited by garricks; 01-27-2012, 04:02 PM.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Yello! Happy Friday you silly people! Thank the purple hating gods (sorry virgo, I love purple) for the QOTW so I can keep up. And Kool too!

We're having a "bring your old photos on disk slideshow party" tomorrow...should be pretty funny. And I'm avoiding a pile of work. That's my weekend in a glance!

PS-that's pure genius Bladez!
          Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
          The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
          I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Thanks for the quotes, Kool, this post always makes my Friday tolerable.

The husband is working this weekend, so I'm not locking down any plans, just going with the flow. I do want to finally make the cookies I didn't make last weekend, though.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Hahaha love that sketch Bladez Happy Friday uurrbody
              Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
                I do want to finally make the cookies I didn't make last weekend, though.
                Yay for cookies!!!!!!
                This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

speaking of old photos .... I have stumbled across a few whilst going through old stuff. I'm so old I kinda forgot what I looked like as a kid

... and send me some Kitch .. I love home baked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                    speaking of old photos .... I have stumbled across a few whilst going through old stuff. I'm so old I kinda forgot what I looked like as a kid

... and send me some Kitch .. I love home baked cookies
                    Just as beautiful then as now I'm sure Kittie

Me want cookies, too! (ooops, don't want to unleash the cave talk so soon!)
                    Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                    The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                    I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

(sneaks up and tackle hugs Garricks)

Comment

Happy Friday

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

You are too sweet Ms. Tulip

**edit ... I wrote suite Lmaooooo

I think I need more sleep

Comment

I may do that, Kittie, the recipe makes 80 cookies.
                            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                              You are too sweet Ms. Tulip

**edit ... I wrote suite Lmaooooo

I think I need more sleep
                              tout suite!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X