Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Cosmo
    Reply to business card design
    Cosmo
    I'll stand by what I said earlier - the QR code is too small. The orange trapping into the blue is going to cause problems. See in your image where it says "Sales Team" and it looks like it's...
    Today, 01:04 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Business Card Critique
    garricks
    Coming from another point of view, why put such a tiny portfolio on a business card when you can put a URL to your online portfolio, which will much better represent you?
    Today, 12:57 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    KitchWitch
    Hi Jenniferzoe and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 12:05 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Help with a graphic technique
    KitchWitch
    Hi Dan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 12:00 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Editing of Posts
    KitchWitch
    It's been taken care of.
    Today, 12:00 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you working on?

Because I am a lonesome soul here at work, I'd like to engage in some conversation with what are some of the things on the GDF's workload.

I'm the only designer/production guy here in the studio. 3 empty desks all filled with Apple desktops and silvery screens but no one to talk to, I don't even have a cellphone to text message like minded designers. It's been like this ever since I have worked here since I took over the senior designers AND intermediate designers position. Occasionally the boss's kids come in and cause mayhem and I get to have a chat to the son but that's about as far as it goes in terms of light hearted conversation.

Without any details, what is everyone working on?

Right now my workload consists of a portal-website for a local prominent sports team, finishing off the creative work for a local candidate's political campaign, organising and laying out a branding guide for an airports rebrand and starting an annual report as well as a 2012 programme (for sports team).

My desk is full of test prints and listed changes all spearheaded with a "TURN OFF A/C" sign stuck to the rim of it.

So......alone.....
    Last edited by jld; 01-29-2012, 09:32 PM.

Asked the client for a vector logo, got a 50x50 pixel gif with a drop shadow. Just finished tracing it from an old brochure. A nice Sunday at the office.

Comment

Had to do that on Friday.

Boss's son does a few odd jobs every now and then. He designed a logo for a client who usually has a minimal budget. It wasn't bad, however it was done in Photoshop.

Comment

It's Sunday evening for me right now. I've torned off my work brain.

But now you're goin to make me log in and look.
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Oh good. No surprises in email

Pending copy: a newsletter, 2 ads and a booklet

On hold: a set of forms and a bookmark

At printer (need to check delivery status): a monthly calendar and 2 posters

In the design process: a booklet

In approvals: two fiyers and a desktop sign, along with a set of 15 fact sheets. Oh, and the wayfinding for our new building and the formatting of our new electronic wayfinding directories
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Thank you for talking to me.

Comment

Have a taco jld...
              Attached Files
              Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Does it have Herdez salsa?

Comment

Originally posted by jld View Post
                  Does it have Herdez salsa?
                  Green or red?

Dang, they sure were skimpy with the avo... here's some extra.
                  Attached Files
                  Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

GREEN!

Can never have too much avocado.

Comment

Originally posted by jld View Post

can never have too much avocado.
                      qft!

Comment

Amen to that! No guac without avos!

Comment

I remember taking avocado sandwiches to school for lunch as a 9yr old.

Would creep all the kids out (it's common for kids around here to dislike avocados). Mum would occasionally slip in mayo with it. She'd have a grumpy kid come home from school.

DON'T CONTAMINATE MY AVOCADO, WOMAN!

Comment

I'm designing an invite for a friend's baby shower. I have a painting to finish by mid-February and several jobs to apply for this week. Also, talking to an old friend about designing a logo for his new physical therapy clinic. I plan to draw a dinorsaur tomorrow and maybe start a blog.

Yes, I'm unemployed.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Today I've been working on my tan. No work today, all of Auckland have the day off
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X