Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual video of BROACHER's 10,000th post party

Man, I need to get out more often.

Let's celebrate

You have a beautiful family, Broacher. Congrats on 10K.

Comment

Nice, grats on 10k!
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

o.O

Broacher, you're a weirdo. But congrats on the 10k! Not that you care, but can't hurt to congratulate.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Congrats on 10K Broacher! I'm fly-by posting, but I found you a picture of 10,000 monies with a cat on it:

PS - I like your yeti llama video
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

This looks like one of the things in your video...

blog/portfolio

Comment

so which one is you Broacher?

congrats on all those ambiguous posts

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Congrats!! Fist Pump!
                Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I wish I could be a large white furry monster that frolics in fields...ah well.

Happy 10k! Here's a picture of a wild jungle girl/guy. (included both in case you're sexually ambiguous )

(^ Get the reference? Eh? No? Damn.)
                  ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
                  I can go twice as high.
                  Take a look,
                  It's in a book,
                  A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

Dang you Broach, I had decided to ignore your 10K given your long held disdain for post parties including your own previous ones.

10K is indeed a bunch of posts, 10,000 things you thought important enough to share with the rest of us. I'm pretty sure I've read most of them, some were weird some were angry some were snarky and a hell of a lot were very helpful. I appreciate them all, the GDF wouldn't be the same without you.

A whole bunch of those posts were funny as well which is demonstrated by the following collection that your fellow forum members thought were "quote worthy"

Originally posted by Broacher View Post
                    I know that font. Or rather, 'knew' that font. A friend of mine even dated it for a while til she developed a serious rash.

If it was me, I'd stay away from it. Some fonts, you know--nothing but trouble.
                    Originally posted by Broacher
                    Why are they always babes in these pieces?

Just once I'd like to see some unshaven slob slurping a beer in a t-shirt sprout the wings and all that curlicue stuff.

And you know, when you think about, we middle-aged guys know more about sprouting unusual threads from various parts of our bodies than most other people.
                    I had a neighbour with nice lemons once. Very nice.

She'd even take care of my zucchini when there was more than I could use.

(Is it Spring yet?)
                    Just once I'd love to design a full page ad where the company logo is 95% of the page, and squeezed in somewhere, 8 pt. courier, probably bottom right:

"This is a test of the Emergency Graphic Design System. The marketers of this product, in voluntary cooperation with the Federal, State and local authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an actual graphic design emergency. If this had been an actual graphic design solution, with proper attention made to balance, readability, compelling concept, copy, execution-- the total kneejerk solution you see here would have been replaced with actual design, creativity and recognition that our readers are not complete morons. This concludes this test of the Emergency Graphic Design System. Thank you.
                    Not me. I'm really a mean old bugger. (You just caught me on a break.)

Oops gotta go. The neighbour's cat is in the compost again. The catnip gets 'em everytime. Gotta hurry so I can stick the lid on and give it a good shaking. Later!
                    I dunno if this will help but whenever we use oil-based paint we always wash up with vegetable oil. And if it doesn't work, well... you're still covered with oil as a consolation prize.
                    My son and I were trying to get my programmer younger brother to consider writing something we came up with call 'Wii Fatt'.

It would be a package of challenging mini-games built around achieving excellence at avoiding physical exertion and alternately, training to increase one's capacity for junk food consumption.

We plan to include special proprietary Wii-Fatt controller enhancement hardware to make the games more enjoyable (and help justify our outrageous profits). Essentially, it's a block of wood with a velcro patch on it. And a piece of opposite tape for the controller itself. Our plan is that you don't want to move the actual controller, just push the buttons.

We've got a tentative list of mini-game ideas for this that we're somewhat actively discussing but we could always use (aka steal) more.

Anyone?
                    I sometimes wonder if Noah was doing his thing today, could he cut some corners with the contractors on dimensions-- I mean, given the extinction rate of species since biblical times. (Don't you wish he left out the blackflies--and maybe lap dogs?)
                    I had a bull mastif give me her phone number once (what a bitch!).

And then there was the time I was invited to ride my wife's friend's donkey. Nice lady--not too bright, but lovely person and the donkey? Incredibly smart, and a real joy to ride.

See, she may have not have had a lot on top, but my...
                    what an ass.
                    Heck, I thought we were talking about the design of girls, which, if I can go on record here-- I personally consider to be one of the best designs ever. Proof?

Picture your 'average' girl standing in front of you, wearing nothing but socks. Okay?

Now imagine an 'average' guy doing the same thing.

Now purely from a design perspective, which one makes you want to snort out loud with the goofiness of their appearance?

Case closed.

(Can I have my briefs back now? Please?)
                    Yes, but would a sheared beaver satisfy you instead?
                    Wooden Thongs?

Hmm, I never would have guessed you were Dutch, Audentia.
                    The super-models left whipped cream stains on the sheets again last night. And the Nobel committee spelled my name wrong on the award certificate.

Did I mention that my accountants called and said they missed something on last year's tax return and now I have to figure out what to do with an extra $10 million refund?

Maybe I'll spend it as 'hush money' to keep those HOW and Wired mag reporters out of my face for a bit.
                    That title is way too short to get through a committee approval. And the phrasing is too frightening for politically corrected egos.

How about, "Quality Acceptance is Reasonably Assured with Supplementary Accrual of Bovine Tintinnabuli'?

Sub-title: "A multi-disciplinary approach to integrated collaborative graphic design processes"
                    Well, [sigh] I suppose.... we could tell... I mean, if we get a promise to keep it a secret. Top secret.

We like people to believe that great design comes from years, nay -- decades of dedicated, and focused work in the field, and a constant commitment to the finer principals of this ancient profession.

The truth though...... it's a lot of sex. Yeah. There I've said it.

You see, real 'brilliant' creative juices can only flow from, well... you get the picture.

So... yeah, we've all learned to adapt to this requirement in order to maintain our high design standards. And everyone's a little different. Some prefer to contract out, others get it delivered on site. Some of us just learn to balance our lives around this demanding regime.

Oh, and not just 'regular' either. It turns out that the quality of the design is directly related to the quality of...

And sure, if you can afford the supermodel service plan...

Bit... well, I've said enough as it is. And there's... um, something under the desk I need to... work on, right now.

(Sheez, I sure hope I don't get in any trouble over letting this one out of the bag.)
                    If it wasn't for their short lifespan, and the fact that I don't believe in reincarnation, I like the idea of coming back as an octopus. They are kinda supreme in the invertebrate world.

And invertebrate sex sounds a lot more... comfortable.
                    You're pretty cute when you're crusty, PD.
                    VICTIM: That's him! I'm sure of it, officer. That's the font that stole my designer dignity!

POLICE OFFICER: Are you absolutely sure ma'am?

VICTIM: Positive! I'd recognize that sleazy cap W anywhere!

P.O.: Exactly how much dignity did you have on you at the time ma'am?
                    There are two types of people in the world.
                    Those who finish what they started and so on.
                    A jumper cable walks into a bar. The barman says "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says, "Sorry we don't serve food in here."

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says : "A beer please, and one for the road."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I've lost my electron." The other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."

A TIFF and a JPEG walk into this bar. "Sorry," says the bartender, glancing down at the JPEG, "You can stay but your dog's gotta go--bar rules: no dogs allowed." The TIFF pauses, sighs, and reluctantly points to the door,"Sorry to do this pal but, Lossy, go home!"

A priest, a rabbi, and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?"

Comment

Congrats Broacher, your sense of humour is truly a gift to the GDF.
                      Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Congrats Broacher!!! Love it all, but especially you're dry humour and you're ability to have a real conversation with big words and all.
                        I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Welcome To GDF Broacher!!!

When you get settled please read this as well as these very important threads.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
                            Welcome To GDF Broacher!!!

When you get settled please read this as well as these very important threads.
                            Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

Congrats Broach. I want to be a Pictoplasma creature. Where do I sign up?
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X