Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roseanne Barr 4 Prez 2012

I'm not even kidding.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...oke/?hpt=hp_t2

blog/portfolio

Yes you are.

Comment

Celebrities should not be presidents. Even if they had good views for whatever party, knew all about politics just as much as any average politician. Why? They won't be voted for by the majority because of their views and policies, they'll be voted for because they're a celebrity.

EDIT: Sorry, that was more like reasons they shouldn't run for president, not why they shouldn't be president.
      Last edited by Geekazoid; 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM.
      ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
      I can go twice as high.
      Take a look,
      It's in a book,
      A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

That is incredible. I love it.
        "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Marcella View Post
          Celebrities should not be presidents. Even if they had good views for whatever party, knew all about politics just as much as any average politician. Why? They won't be voted for by the majority because of their views and policies, they'll be voted for because they're a celebrity.
          Ronald Reagan did it. Not that he was the best president ever, but he wasn't the worst. And he was a famous actor before going politico.

blog/portfolio

Comment

The green party is shooting themselves in the foot with her.
            “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
              Ronald Reagan did it. Not that he was the best president ever, but he wasn't the worst. And he was a famous actor before going politico.
              True, got me there. But I feel like back in the 50's Hollywood wasn't quite the way it is? Might just be how they perceive themselves now though.

Also, sorry, what I wrote was more like reasons they shouldn't run for president, not why they shouldn't be president.

/badlogic

And...Rosanne?! Seriously?
              ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
              I can go twice as high.
              Take a look,
              It's in a book,
              A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

Dr. Emmett Brown: Then tell me, "Future Boy", who's President in the United States in 1985?
                Marty McFly: Ronald Reagan.
                Dr. Emmett Brown: Ronald Reagan? The actor? [chuckles in disbelief] Then who's VICE-President? Jerry Lewis? [rushing out and down a hill toward his laboratory] I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady! And Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury.

------

Dr. Emmett Brown: [holding Marty's video camera] No wonder your president has to be an actor, he's gotta look good on television.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Let's just hope she doesn't sing the National Anthem again. Singing seems to be the the in thing for politicians right now

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Agreed!! I don't understand how anyone could vote for a woman who's entire reason of fame was p***ing people off.
                    ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
                    I can go twice as high.
                    Take a look,
                    It's in a book,
                    A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

I can't subscribe to any blanket prohibition regarding celebrities and politics.

In many aspects they run in the same streams, cults of personality and whatnot.
                      Sometimes it works, Ronald Reagan of course and also Al Franken (who is a far more astute and reasonable than most Senators).

Stephen Colbert is of course famous for his farce campaigns, but his current work is a huge and important campaign against one of the most insipid supreme court decisions in recent memory.
                      His campaigns are farce, but the message is REAL. And the message is a good one.

Rosanne Barr, though is an unbalanced personality and her being nominated to be the national face of the Green Party really does not bode well for that party's long-term viability. It is a party that has, on balance done more harm than good for progressive causes.
                      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

This deserves a double facepalm.
                        Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

This is one of those times I feel really bad for Americans....you'd never hear about a celebrity here in Canada (especially one as terrible as Roseanne) running for Prime Minister.
                          Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                          | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                          | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

What would happen if Chad Kroeger ran for PM in Canada? What sort of hysteria would ensue?

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Marcella View Post
                              True, got me there. But I feel like back in the 50's Hollywood wasn't quite the way it is? Might just be how they perceive themselves now though.

Also, sorry, what I wrote was more like reasons they shouldn't run for president, not why they shouldn't be president.

/badlogic

And...Rosanne?! Seriously?
                              My grandfather worked in Hollywood in that era. According to his stories, celebrities in those days were just as bad as celebrities are now. The difference was the press had a great deal of respect for them and not only stayed out of their business, but helped hush things that might tarnish their image.
                              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X