Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Label Design sizing.
    B
    Where are you getting the 81.7mm figure? Are you thinking that the 80.3mm ± 1.5mm on the diagram should be the width of the label? If so, why are you thinking that? Do you want the label to wrap exactly...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • Aquil_
    Reply to Label Design sizing.
    Aquil_
    Oops, guess I answered one of my own questions. That symbol means diameter lol
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Aquil_
    Label Design sizing.
    Aquil_
    Hi guys! (and gals) These may seem like dumb questions, but I'm trying to develop my skills in design and I've been on a crowdsourcing site just messing around (not really intending to win) but I don't...
    Today, 02:28 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Hand Lettered Logo
    PrintDriver
    Do you have a reason for making some strokes on the R and the A so thin they become insignificant, and make the logo hard to read. Not having the serifs on the right side of the I make it look like part...
    Yesterday, 09:37 PM
  • DigitalFarmer
    Hand Lettered Logo
    DigitalFarmer
    In the process of building my portfolio I've took on some free work for family friends. One of the jobs was a logo for an odd boutique that sells the usual like clothes, fashion jewelry, etc. The unique...
    Yesterday, 05:41 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition: Stop Bear Farming

http://www.petitiononline.com/bears/petition.html

Please can you sign the petition and send it on.

Fine if you don't want to. It would mean a lot to me.

Thanks

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Poor bears. I will sign and pass it on.
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Signed.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Yet another reason to despise China

Signed.
        I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
        -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

Eeeew. Signed. Poor things.

Also, double-checked on Snopes, totally true. I thought for sure it had to be a spoof.
          ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
          I can go twice as high.
          Take a look,
          It's in a book,
          A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

Originally posted by Iggee002 View Post
            Yet another reason to despise China

Signed.
            I read about this a few weeks ago when I signed another petition. I signed this one too. Its just awful. poor Bears .
            The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them. Albert Einstein

Comment

It's disgusting. The reason this came up is because a friend of mine sponsored a Bear about 4 years ago, and it was set free and back into the wild. But he got word this morning that he had died. Which brought us back to the bile collection from Bears. So we decided to find a petition and get it signed where we can.

At least the bear he sponsored had 4 years of freedom before passing away.

Comment

This type of thing is what makes my eyes roll when people talk wistfully about "non-Western medicine".

There is no "Western medicine" or "Eastern medicine"

There is simply medicine with proven effectiveness or there is snake oil/bear bile/ & superstition.

If you can't prove it works, it isn't medicine.

/rant
                Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

I've nothing against the medicine. Just the way the bears are treated. Check it out. It's vile.

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
                    I've nothing against the medicine. Just the way the bears are treated. Check it out. It's vile.

I know all about it.

It has everything to do with it being considered medicine.

The commodity is in such demand that people poach bears in the USA, cut out the gall bladder and leave the carcass to rot and sell the bile on the black market.

The same mentality is making Rhinos and Tigers extinct.
                    Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X