Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who says books are becoming obsolete...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says books are becoming obsolete...?

With Amazon slowly taking over the publishing world and bookstores closing left and right, things can sometimes seem a little grim for the brick and mortar booksellers of the world. After all, why would anyone leave the comfort of their couch to buy a book when with just a click of a button, they could have it delivered to their door? Well, here’s why:
    http://flavorwire.com/254434/the-20-...he-world?all=1
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Wow, nice!
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Awesome find! I love bookstores. I'd love to open a beautiful or cozy little bookstore where people can just hang out. Not really sure how to make it fiscally viable, though. I love our Tattered Cover here in Denver.
      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Holy wow! I'd get ready to write "oh ______ was my favorite," but then I'd scroll down and love the next one just as much!

Thanks for sharing!
        ♪ Butterfly in the sky,
        I can go twice as high.
        Take a look,
        It's in a book,
        A Reading Rainbow ♫

Reading Rainbow...

Comment

I like the idea of books being available digitally now ... but nothing can replace the array of lovely books I have on my shelf. That will always be eye catching to me

Comment

Wow, awesome!

My wife and I found a really cool old bookstore when we were on vacation last year. We bought some awesome old books, a 100+ year old map and 100+ year old lithograph for very reasonable prices.

We definitely plan on going back again.

Comment

For me, digital books are great because I don't have to pay up to many times the price of book for postage from the US. I've paid $35 postage for a $1 book. I hardly go to bookstores anymore because I'm more likely to find a book online than at the library or at a store. But I do like books and I love this collection of bookstores.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

20% off sale at iStock until June 24, 2016
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X