X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Valentines Friday!

All you, Super Bowl watching, Madonna hating, Talkin bout butt seks, Colored pancake wanting, Rosanne not wanting, Wall of music wanting, Wanting to give Bladez a giant wedgie, Zork playing, Screwed by your church, Graphic Designers...

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by tuliptree View Post
    Consarn you Bladez! First the Canadian Tire money (yeah i had to look that up, and here I thought I was rich!) and now you tell me I was given a fake GDF ring? What's next? You'll confirm you are all really figments of my imagination once and for all?

*runs crying into room, turns on Total Eclipse of the Heart and punches pillows dramatically*
    Originally posted by DeniseC View Post
    I use Comic Sans on my Ebay listings. I use really huge fonts too, and different colored headings. I tell you, it really works! People respond to Comic Sans on Ebay!
    Originally posted by doctorfoz View Post
    Well, I can draw attention, I can draw a crowd. I've drawn money from the bank and even (once) drawn mud from the well.

I have had some lessons in drawing but I'm blessed with good genetics. My father is an excellent cartoonist and some of it's rubbed off (genetically, that is) on me.
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    Maybe if Adobe changed the name to Logoshop, people would only use it for photos...
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    Careful Tulip, you're giving off sparks! I hope for your sake that you're not living in a powder keg.
    Originally posted by Broacher View Post
    Whatever that font is, it's suffering. Bad.

The humane designery thing to do would be to take it out behind the garden shed and whack it over the caps a couple of times with a big, heavy shovel.

Oh wait, somebody already... did.
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    rabbits freak me out, I don't trust anything that doesn't look like it has a mouth... fetch thy holy hand grenade!
    Originally posted by Lithonate View Post
    I believe that is called The Madonna Effect. It happens pretty much everything that has the misfortune of being caught in the Bermuda Triangle like vortex around her crotchinal region
    Originally posted by Nobert View Post
    A song I made up as I was walking home from work to take my mind off the fact that it's 24 degrees out and I didn't wear my winter hat:

"Oh I'm halfway up the hill,
    I'm halfway up the hill,
    and soon I will not feel this chill cause I'm halfway up the hill."

"Oh I'm 2/3 up the hill,
    I'm 2/3 up the hill,
    On this street lived my friend named Bill,
    and I'm 2/3 up the hill."

"Oh I'm 3/4 up the hill,
    I'm 3/4 up the hill,
    There must be a way cause there's a will,
    and I'm 3/4 up the hill."

It's a long hill, okay?
    Originally posted by doctorfoz View Post
    Right. Let's see if I've got this...

so the first team have to.... no, hang on.... then they try to... no, that's not it either...

*scratches head*

You guys tried hard, I'll give you that. But it's just incomprehensible to my Englishy brain.

I expect it's all very simple really, but to me it just sounds like the description of another very simple game - Cricket.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
    Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.
    When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
    Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
    When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
    There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
    When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Originally posted by PrintDriver
    It's Mime files that suck.
    Originally posted by PersonasBinar
    Especially when they pretend to be trapped in bloody boxes.
    Originally posted by Broacher
    Ovaries are sexy? Right. Most guys I know wouldn't know an ovary from a meatball if you put one in their chili pot.

When guys say to a woman, "it's what inside that counts" you can be sure that the anatomy in question is their own.
    Originally posted by Kool
    Man what a day at work. I am finally getting a chance to respond to this thread. I have to say this forum has really gone to hell. I remember back in the good old days when I used to have to walk a mile through the snow just to get to the PC and me Mike and Benjo were the only mods and then we had to let some women be mods, yuck. Now it seems like any joker who can string together a couple of posts is a moderator. That's it I'm quitting!! I'll start my own forum. Yes that's the ticket and I will be the only moderator and I will moderate every single post and all will bow down before me and....
    Originally posted by Kool
    Yes indeed it was up hill both ways and I didn't have any shoes and the only friend I had was a stick with a hat on it and....
    Last edited by Craig B; 02-10-2012, 04:45 PM.

lmao Kool ... that opener is great

Awesome job as always - Now my Friday is good to go

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

And speaking of Valentine's Day .... I'm not feeling the love. Get those Avatars up! (Thank you bunches to those that already have)

Get rid of the yucky logo ones and get a heart on!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

There's a heart shape right on my tailfloof! :-} Unless you're an anthropomorphic skunk or similarly fluffy creature you have nooo idea how much fur maintenance and styling can cost.

Shame I missed the My Little Pony theme though. I use Rainbow Dash as an avatar elsewhere, and Susan Parkin, the same artist who did the comic from which I got the avatar pic, has also drawn me as... well, here: http://www.doemain.com/index.cgi/2006-10-19

Ironically, my MLP-skunktaur form's name is also the reason I've not been around so much lately. :-} But she was drawn well before my doc said I had a cute myocardial infarction (the doctor's isn't so bad-looking either).

Comment

Happy Friday everyone!!

I think I'm in for a normal weekend. Though Sunday will be interesting. We may go see Star Wars in 3D, the Grammys are on, season premiere of Worst Cooks in America, and the return of Walking Dead.

And the cat's getting dental surgery Monday, so I get to take her food away at 8 pm on Sunday and have a hungry whiney kitty for the evening and through the night. Plus no water after midnight. Poor thing.

blog/portfolio

Comment

lol Meffy ... good thing you pointed out the heart Thanks

... Virgo I hope baby kitty is ok

Comment

She just needs a tooth or two removed. She's getting to that age. And it's probably the reason why she's lost weight over the years, eating the dry food became painful and the soft canned stuff isn't to her liking.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Ahh ... ok ... well good luck to her furry little self

Comment

Sending good thoughts cat-ward, Virgo. Kittie, the heart shape's usually easier to make out but the fur was styled curly for that picture. I ought to have tinted the uniform pastel blue while I was at it, but was too busy playing with After Effects.

Comment

Happy Friday everybody! New Walking Dead on Sunday you say? I hope they do a marathon before so I can catch up. I dropped out after the first couple of episodes this season.
                  I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

I'm sure they'll do a marathon lead-up...

Apparently it's all AMC is showing on Sunday.
                    Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 02-10-2012, 04:48 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

There we go, re-cropped, re-tinted, and re-versed. :-}

Comment

Whoo hoo! Friday. Great QOTW Kool.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Happy Friday everyone! I guess you'll all be sending me chocolate for next Tuesday.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Yay Friday!! Yay QOTW! Yay Kool! tho the mention of wedgies coming my way continues to worry me....and it's to cold to wear my man-thong right now...

Have a great weekend all! Gonna be chill for us. Saturday we're going to my moms to do quadruple birthday dinner (My brothers, Audis, nephews, and moms are all within 2 weeks of each other). And that's probably as exciting as it's gonna get!

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                            Get rid of the yucky logo ones and get a heart on!
                            I always have a har....oh....you said HEART...nevermind then!
                            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by virgo nightingale View Post
                              i'm sure they'll do a marathon lead-up...

Apparently it's all amc is showing on sunday.
                              saweeeeeet!
                              I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X