Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    hey, thanks! yep I agree. Tho here's a screenshot of the original K and my logo.
    Actually, I was wrong - I didn't make the rounding bigger, I just changed it's curve coz it was not a perfect circle...
    Today, 02:24 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Open corrupted qxp files
    KitchWitch
    Hi Jiri and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:15 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to HELLO
    sketxz!
    Hello! Welcome to the forum. May I ask where are you from?
    Today, 02:09 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Confessions
    Designia
    LOL, not sure if that site amuses me or pisses me off!

...it's awesome....
    Today, 02:07 PM
  • jiri
    Reply to Open corrupted qxp files
    jiri
    Melindabelle's advice has worked perfectly - two days of work saved!!!
    Today, 01:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Season on Cats

I personally don't like cats but I have never been embarrassed to live in Wisconsin.......until now....

www.startribune.com/stories/462/5279000.html

The short version for you lazy people
    If a firefighter from La Crosse gets his way, stray cats in Wisconsin could legally be blown from here to feline eternity. Not surprisingly, the proposal to allow the shooting of free-roaming cats has horrified cat lovers nationwide.
    [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/cat.gif[/img]

You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs on this forum. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

Post Edited (MD) : 3/9/2005 5:06:05 AM GMT
    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

oh my god. that is beyond horrible. i love cats... i hope that dosen't pass... sigh. i hope morea doesn't live in wisconsin.

Without language, there is NO concept...

Comment

Well, I personally don't like cats either and I don't think this is the solution, but I think something needs to be done about stray and wandering cats. I'm fed up with cleaning up cat cr*p from my garden. My dogs NEVER used to leave anything in anyone else's garden or in a public place, so why should I have to put up with it from cats? If rats were doing the same, I'd be socially allowed to go and have them exterminated, but since cats are supposedly 'domesticated' I'm not allowed to.

Searching for creative juices

Comment

when i were living in blighty i was freaked out, (read: FREAKED OUT) by how many cats were over there.

really, really spooky.

that firefighter should take a holiday in england to, y'know, relax.

:on't call me Foreman, for I am your Boss::

Comment

The correct solution to the problem is to implement a good TNR (trap-neuter-release) program. It has been proven that trying to execute, relocate, or otherwise remove the animals does no good, because they will breed faster than they can be removed. Also, by removing a native cat population, youfree up a food source that will simply attract other cats to the area.

There are chemicals, etc you can buy that act as cat repellents if you don't want them on your property.

And personally, I view cats as much more contributing members of society than most people. If I had my way, people who are cruel to animals would be blown from here to feline eternity.

www.alleycat.org/visitor.html
          www.saveacat.org/acr_articles/TNR.htm

as a matter of fact, give me 10 minutes alone in a room with an animal abuser. By the time I am done, what's left of that person will never do it again. And it is documented fact that many animal abusers go on to abuse people.

Animal Abuse and Human Abuse: Partners in Crime

thanks for your concern, Limed. I don't live in Wisconsin. But Wisconsin isnot the first place to propose such a ridiculous measure. People suggest things like this all the time.

[I]The more people I meet, the more I love my cats.</A>

Post Edited (morea) : 3/9/2005 1:20:24 PM GMT
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

also, the term 'free roaming' cats makes it possible to shoot pet cats who are allowed outdoors, not just their wild counterparts. Yet another reason that mine are indoor only.

Comment

save toby

Comment

save toby is a hoax. www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/savetoby.asp And before anybody brings it up, so are 'bonsai kittens'. www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/bonsai.asp

Post Edited (morea) : 3/9/2005 1:31:54 PM GMT

Comment

That's just horrible!!!

Rediculously Horrible!!!

Comment

In all fairness, if animal rights can have a person prosecuted for cruelty, then why the hell should things be different if an animal is cruel? People are not killed for animal crimes, so why then should animals be?

Humans are just bigots, that think everything should be centred around their own convenience ... hell, in all fairness, we should also have over-populated and crime-infested regions of humans shot too (just to be sure they don't potentially violate other humans' space) ... but you don't see the law passing such an idea forward do you (even if it that does help reduce villain-related crimes)!? Genocide is what such a law would be be proposing, and like morea says ... that only attracts other such populations over time.

The real problem with villanizing cats (or any other lifeform) ... is where do we draw the line between animal/human rights, and animal/human laws for conviction? We have a long way to go I feel ...

Comment

that poor bunny was brutally mauled by an alley cat...

...so that dude should eat the cat.

*runs and hides*

Comment

haha

Comment

Ulysses said...

Humans are just bigots, that think everything should be centred around their own convenience ... hell, in all fairness, we should also have over-populated and crime-infested regions of humans shot too (just to be sure they don't potentially violate other humans' space) ... but you don't see the law passing such an idea forward do you (even if it that does help reduce villain-related crimes)!? Genocide is what such a law would be be proposing, and like morea says ... that only attracts other such populations over time.

The real problem with villanizing cats (or any other lifeform) ... is where do we draw the line between animal/human rights, and animal/human laws for conviction? We have a long way to go I feel ...

[/quote]well said.

trywatching a suffering animal die inyour arms and then tell me thatthis is appropriate.

it's against everything that I stand for.

Post Edited (morea) : 3/9/2005 2:08:01 PM GMT

Comment

I think it's a great idea!

Rock on Wisconsin!

Comment

So the cats have to suffer because of the humans mistakes? Interesting stupidity!! If pet owners would take some responsibility for their animals and get them neutered then none of this would be a problem. It's not like the cats decided to go out and say...Lets pancake things up for the humans! They are animals, intelligent but at the same time primative compared to the human race. That is why they are our pets. They are to be cared for by us. They are not property, they have feelings and needs. It's about god damn time that ppl point the finger in the right direction. It's not the cats' fault!! Don't slaughter them because of human stupidity. I feel that we fight everyday for abortion, death penalty and civil rights. WTF?! Why the hell do animal rights fall so god damn far behind??

I am appalled that a state would even consider this! Thank god I don't live there...i'd be out of there so fast!

Hey here's one for you...any kid that isn't in there house is fair game right? Seems only fair to me!!

** Personal Blog</font>

** Business Blog</font> - updated 3/04/2005</font>

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X