Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have you know that's a multimillion dollar top of the line fighter jet ma'am

(lookout Yoss she's got a swatter)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
      I'll have you know that's a multimillion dollar top of the line fighter jet ma'am

(lookout Yoss she's got a swatter)
      It's an obsolete French Mirage. It would be a mercy killing.
      "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
      LinkedIn

Comment

• Look what we did to poor Obsidian's thread.
        But it sure was fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
          lmao! I'm not on anyone's side. I see a fly, I grab a fly swatter.
          "Heeeelp Meeeee!"

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
              It's an obsolete French Mirage. It would be a mercy killing.
              lmao

it's already dead. God killed it.

So you ready to buy your house Obsidian?

Comment

• So returning to our regularly schedule thread....

I had mentioned earlier about being interesting in manufactured homes. Here's the one that has us very interested. Sturdier than any of the homes we've looked at so far that have build in the last 20 years. Brand new, $186K for pretty much what you see. It doesn't come with a garage, but one can easily be built on by them, as shown in the floorplan.

I asked my wife to stand in the pics to give a sense of scale. She's 5'6".

From the front hall looking towards the main living room.

From the front door looking to the right into the front living room.

In the front living room looking to the dining area, and kitchen entrance.

The kitchen, looking at the pantry door, and large living room beyond.

The pantry.

The kitchen looking from the large living room.

Large living room looking towards the kitchen.
                "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                LinkedIn

Comment

• From the front hall looking into the large living room.

The large living room looking towards the front of the house.

Master bedroom, walk in closet, hallway and large living room beyond.

Master bedroom looking towards the bonus room, and master bath.

Master bath.

Master bath.

Bonus room looking towards master bedroom.

Bonus Room
                  LinkedIn

Comment

• Down the hall to the front left guest room.

Front right guest room.

There's also a small closet/utility room off the main hall.

Sorry for taking up so much space in the thread.
                    LinkedIn

Comment

• Is it a new building Gommit I forgot. If any previous owners did reno's, have you gone to see the engineering and permit department at your municipality or city to see if they applied and were granted permits and passed inspection?

Looks great but those looks can be deceiving I hope for the best for you, in your new house and as a new "home" which what is most important.
                      "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
                      Aesop

Comment

• What exactly do you do with a 'bonus' room??? That's either a mighty large closet for the master (which has no closet), or it's wasted space.

I've looked at manufactured houses. Be very careful about looking at a Show Unit. They put a lot of upgrades in there that aren't included in the base price. Check that lighting fixtures, appliances, tubs and toilets, cabinets and heating/plumbing are included. Also check what a 3-bedroom septic system costs (or what the connect fee is if there is street sewer. I had an 89k house price bloom to well over 149k really fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                          What exactly do you do with a 'bonus' room??? That's either a mighty large closet for the master (which has no closet), or it's wasted space.

I've looked at manufactured houses. Be very careful about looking at a Show Unit. They put a lot of upgrades in there that aren't included in the base price. Check that lighting fixtures, appliances, tubs and toilets, cabinets and heating/plumbing are included. Also check what a 3-bedroom septic system costs (or what the connect fee is if there is street sewer. I had an 89k house price bloom to well over 149k really fast.
                          A bonus room can be anything you want it to be. In this case, it's large enough to be a 4th bedroom, or a studio, or a den, or whatever. During the manufacturing process, a closet and door to the master bedroom can be added.

Of course this model has upgrades, and they're all listed on a detail sheet you might see taped to the refrigerator. As I said, it's $186K for all you see. Manufactured home are customizable during the building process. How much more that costs, of course depends on the mods you want.
                          Last edited by Gromit801; 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM.
                          LinkedIn

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeHun View Post
                            Is it a new building Gommit I forgot. If any previous owners did reno's, have you gone to see the engineering and permit department at your municipality or city to see if they applied and were granted permits and passed inspection?

Looks great but those looks can be deceiving I hope for the best for you, in your new house and as a new "home" which what is most important.
                            It's brand new, a show model. We don't own it, but are seriously thinking about getting one. We like having a raised foundation, which homes built in the last 50 years out here don't have. Better built than ANY previously owned home we've looked at (we've done our research).
                            LinkedIn

Comment

• Gromit the only thing with manufactured homes - what about the plastics they use in the walls? I know someone who got really sick from the fumes although I can't remember the details (if it was an old model or what).

Comment

• I had heard that too. It might depend on the laws where you live. California has come down hard on the toxics used in all home construction. The manufactured homes here use the same materials as stick built homes, just better constructed than most, and better materials. One thing I like, is that the homes are built inside (like a huge warehouse), and not subject to the weather while being built.
                                LinkedIn

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X