Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Have you met ...me
    Buda
    Hi Mike and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • mikeengland
    Have you met ...me
    mikeengland
    Hello my name is Mike, my username gives it away. However I joined this forum for a few reasons including art crititques, expanding my learning, and improve myself as a professional. I am from Dayton,...
    Today, 01:10 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to A logo needs help
    Buda
    It looks like a logo for a dating website. I think you need a different concept.
    Today, 12:21 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    Buda
    I learn to pick my battles. Some clients will resist, others will listen and take on advice. But it can be tricky when your client is management.
    Today, 12:15 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Just rebranded my design company
    Buda
    Nice logo. I like how it's kinda looks spartan which in my opinion a very strong symbol.

The only things I would change is that in the BC and LH the logo looks very big compared to the s...
    Today, 12:13 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet! Get all freaky wid dat! It said "remix" on all of them, so maybe they use the same back beat on them?
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Bob, my grandfather caught me smoking one of his cigs and told me it would kill me....it never stopped me lol. Kids are gonna do what they are gonna do. As for sugary cereal we weren't allowed too much of it because it was expensive. There was 4 little mouths to feed and we could go through a whole box for breakfast. We mostly had oatmeal or corn flakes.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

We only had the sugar-cereals on two occasions: family vacation (we had maybe four of those when I was growing up with my six brothers and sisters), and at my aunt's -- who had only one kid and loved to spoil us rotten.

But we always had a sugar bowl on the table...

Comment

Yep we had that too. Right next to the salt and pepper and a cup of teaspoons

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

My dad cured my brother of smoking. Made him smoke a pack of cigs with a bucket over his head. Made him so sick that to this day he doesn't want to be around them. Me, I was never interested in trying.
            "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
            LinkedIn

Comment

We had the sugar bowl too.

My father on one hand was always worried about us kids rotting our teeth-
              So the sugary cereals and soda were frowned upon.

Yet, adding a couple teaspoons of sugar on rice crispies was OK.
              and for beverage we either had HiC or powdered "drink".

Most of the 5 of us had tremendous and numerous cavities.
              Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Originally posted by seamas View Post
                We had the sugar bowl too.

My father on one hand was always worried about us kids rotting our teeth-
                So the sugary cereals and soda were frowned upon.

Yet, adding a couple teaspoons of sugar on rice crispies was OK.
                and for beverage we either had HiC or powdered "drink".

Most of the 5 of us had tremendous and numerous cavities.
                Sounds exactly my house growing up! And there were 5 of us kids, too!
                “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

We had the original Koolade. Very few sodas, and mom kept the sugar in the cabinet.
                  "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                  LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit801 View Post
                    We had the original Koolade. Very few sodas, and mom kept the sugar in the cabinet.
                    We had the sugar bowl on a lazy susan on the table with salt, pepper, and various other things. I believe I've only had a couple of cavities in my life. My mom attributes it to very high occurrences of fluoride naturally in the water where I grew up. Got me.

I learned my lesson spelunking for goodies in the cupboard when I found a huge chocolate bar stashed towards the back. A Kind I had never heard of. Baking chocolate. yuck.
                    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Originally posted by Lith View Post
                      I learned my lesson spelunking for goodies in the cupboard when I found a huge chocolate bar stashed towards the back. A Kind I had never heard of. Baking chocolate. yuck.
                      Did that as well.

I once had an idiot neighbor tell me about a trip to Jamaica that he and his wife took.
                      He went into a store, saw "Bay Rum" bought a bottle and took a swig.
                      Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lith View Post
                        I knew what it was, having seen my Mom make fudge from scratch. I could do so many things, surely I could manage that too, right? Well, until I learned how critical it is to follow instructions completely, NO.

Did you know that melting sugar in a cast-iron pan forms a kind of glass layer that's nearly impossible to remove? =>_<= Hoo hah, did I ever make a mess that day. Didn't get any homemade fudge for a long time either.

Comment

My siblings and I will likely die of aspartame poisoning as my brother is Diabetic. So we grew up in a house of 'sugar' cereal (so say frosted flakes) only on Saturdays (as that way we burned it all off playing). Our cookies, drinks and everything else "sweet" was always made with aspartame or splenda. It's my excuse for being a sugar fiend today is that I was deprived as a chid.
                          I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X