Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    KitchWitch
    I think the second set is improved, but still static. I've noticed that a lot of infographics not only use color block backgrounds to separate sections, they often also use something that breaks those...
    Today, 01:49 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to HELLO
    KitchWitch
    Hi Alessia and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:33 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Looking For Designers / How To's
    KitchWitch
    Hi Amit and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 01:31 PM
  • alessia1234
    Reply to HELLO
    alessia1234
    Hello Guys I'm new in this forum. Today My first day in this forum website.
    Today, 07:23 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Realty Company Logo concept
    Kayekaye
    This reminds me of what Chip Kidd, designer at Alfred A. Knopt Publishers said in his TED Talk:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0KxNeLp1E

He said his first design class in school the teacher...
    Today, 06:56 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the words of a broken heart... it's just emoticon.

Comment

Speaking of the Bee Gee's I read that Robin is gravely ill

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
        Sorry to say it's true. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17717784

Comment

I feel sorry for Barry Gibb. Two brothers gone, and the last one in a coma.
          "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
          LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
            He woke up. http://t.co/ZUpH5B3O
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
              After Fleetwood Mac her voice somehow transformed into that of a sheep or, maybe, a goat, and she became completely unintelligible. Anyway, I always preferred it when Christine McVie sang.
              After??? Every time I hear a FM song she sings on, I just shake my head and wonder how/why they were so popular... I'm thinking maybe a billy goat with a smoking habit.
              "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

Man, you guys must have hated Pat Benatar!
                "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
                LinkedIn

Comment

Stevie Nicks got that voice from all the coke she did. It can literally change how your voice sounds, at least for women. Nasal & almost whiney. I've known/hung out with a few seriously coked-out women, and they usually sound like that.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I always thought it was "one winged" too. I've got a buddy that is constantly destroying lyrics. Some of his greatest hits are turning Pantera's "Re-Spect. Walk!" into "Breath. Spit. Pancake!" and Metallica's "Battery" into "Phantom Ray" Whenever somebody correct him he always says "Yeah, that never made much sense to me." Just like the one winged dove.
                    I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                      Stevie Nicks got that voice from all the coke she did. It can literally change how your voice sounds, at least for women.
                      I remember an urban legend claiming Stevie liked to have coke blown up her keister.
                      Which, if true, makes me wonder what her farts sounded like!

Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Hm, a nasal, whiney fart. It would sound like one of those 'squeakers'.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Once upon a time in college I would often encounter some of the female students who were particularly ardent Stevie Nicks fans.

I discovered that the phrase "you kind of look like /remind me of Steve Nicks" would result in drunken make-out session or clumsy sexual encounter.

Comment

Hmmm..Gromit, it seems we are alone here. I have the vinyl albums too.

Last weekend I did a stand in with a band and my mother sang backups for me as I belted out Edge of Seventeen. We had the whole bar dancing

And, Stevie Nicks wasn't the only (or the biggest) coke head making music in the 70's and 80's. It always amazes me when people bring up her drug use as if it was uncommon or something. At least she is both sober and alive right now...and still writing music as well as performing.

I have these discussions often....
                            I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
                            -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

lol... No one said she was the only one. Far from it, that's for sure. I just brought up the coke when someone mentioned the sound of her voice.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning View Post

And, Stevie Nicks wasn't the only (or the biggest) coke head making music in the 70's and 80's. It always amazes me when people bring up her drug use as if it was uncommon or something. At least she is both sober and alive right now...and still writing music as well as performing.
                                Meh, Keith Richards is alive too.

Or so they say!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X