Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Share and feel of a new member
    <b>
    That looks like Ha Long Bay -- a place I've always wanted to visit. The rock formations and the water look amazing. Have you been there? Did you take the photo?
    Today, 09:02 PM
  • tetworx
    Web form design
    tetworx
    Happy holidays designers.

This form is a simplified version of a medical form that previously took users 10-15 minutes to complete. I'm looking for suggestions as far as color patterns,...
    Today, 07:02 PM
  • buicongthai
    Share and feel of a new member
    buicongthai
    Please introduce, my name is Thai, I'm a Viet Nam. I am glad to learn this and know of the GDF to you, maybe it will help me improve the skills of image processing, it is also thanks to the great article...
    Today, 06:51 PM
  • scratchy
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    scratchy
    If I received that as digital, I would look for another digital printer. I found one in my area and they do amazing work with their equipment. Here is an iPhone image taken from five inches away......
    Today, 04:05 PM
  • chankaieng
    My recent works (water color)
    chankaieng
    Hi all,
    these are my recent drawing execute with water color...
    Today, 01:16 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Star Wars Day!!!

Happy Star Wars Day!

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

* Harrison Ford was not originally a candidate to play Han Solo. He was just brought in to feed lines to other auditioning actors. After watching him, George Lucas realized he was the perfect Han Solo.
    * Luke's line, "I can't see a thing in this helmet," was not scripted.
    * Mark Hamill annoyed Sir Alec Guiness so much on set because of his youth and excitement that Guiness paid him a dollar to go away.
    * Denis Lawson, who plays Wedge Antilles, is the uncle of Ewan McGregor, who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequels.
    * Billy Dee Williams originally auditioned for the role of Han Solo. Christopher Walken and Nick Nolte were also considered for the role.
    * The carbon freezing chamber is the only time in the original trilogy that Darth Vader and C3PO can be seen on screen together.
    * The line, "I've got a bad feeling about this," is spoken in all six movies by six characters: Episode 4: A New Hope (Luke, Han); Episode 5: Empire Strikes Back (Leia); Episode 6: Return of the Jedi (Han, C3PO) and Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (Obi-Wan); Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (Anakin); Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (Obi-Wan).
    * In Episode 1, Jabba the Hutt is credited as playing himself.
    * In some shots of the Mos Espa arena, the public is made with colored Q-Tips.
    * Darth Vader never actually says, "Luke, I am your father," as many believe. The line is, "No, I am your father."
    * Before she was cast as Queen Amidala, Natalie Portman had never seen Star Wars.
    * Keira Knightly played Queen Amidala's (Natalie Portman) decoy in Episode 1.

(via KitchWitch email)
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Happy Star Wars Day...

I told Luke this morning May the Fourth be with you.
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

you guys are all a bunch of nerds

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
          Happy Star Wars Day...

I told Luke this morning May the Fourth be with you.
          Did you tell Luke you're his Father?

Comment

Originally posted by Typically View Post
            you guys are all a bunch of nerds

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

not today...not yet. (that's blasphemy what is written above that he didn't say it...ask anyone.)

but I have done that before, of course.
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

not today...not yet. (that's blasphemy what is written above that he didn't say it...ask anyone.)

but I have done that before, of course.
                LOL! I should watch the movie tonight. I haven't seen it in a while.

Comment

Watched a movie the other night called Blood Mania (1971)

It was part of a cheap-o collection of "Drive In Classics"

A pretty trashy thriller. I was expecting a little more horror, psycho killers, or maybe vampires or something. Each time my wife walked in the room, one of the actresses was removing her blouse, taking a bath, skinny dipping or knockin' boots with the lead actor.

Any way: the lead actress in this flick also played Creedo in Star Wars. Though it pains me to say this, I will admit that Star Wars is a better movie than Blood Mania. Only slightly so, because this movie has lots of boobage, where the only boobs in Star Wars are Luke, Jawas and C3PO.

Comment

Well Seamas...I seem to remember in Star Wars: A new hope (Ep.4) that the trash compactor scene had Leia in a white top that was getting wet...sure seemed to my younger eyes to be some aureola spots showing through.

Also in Return of the Jedi (original version, not the 1997 update or whatever when a new dance was added) but the scene where the woman in blue dancing around Jabba with the "tail on her head" her boob popped out...hard to notice and the VCR and tape was hard to go back and do a slow-mo but it was there...not in the updated version since that dance was extended and the woman (15+ years older) was brought back in to dance and be filmed.
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

TA, that is awesome!

Well Seamas...I seem to remember in Star Wars: A new hope (Ep.4) that the trash compactor scene had Leia in a white top that was getting wet...sure seemed to my younger eyes to be some aureola spots showing through.

Also in Return of the Jedi (original version, not the 1997 update or whatever when a new dance was added) but the scene where the woman in blue dancing around Jabba with the "tail on her head" her boob popped out...hard to notice and the VCR and tape was hard to go back and do a slow-mo but it was there...not in the updated version since that dance was extended and the woman (15+ years older) was brought back in to dance and be filmed.
                        And let's not forget the Princess Leia in the gold bikini fantasy sooooo many men developed.
                        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
                          TA, that is awesome!

And let's not forget the Princess Leia in the gold bikini fantasy sooooo many men developed.
                          Like Ross and his mom Judy?

Comment

That was Keira Knightly? Fun fact.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

they sure did look alike.
                              Dribbble Page
                              Behance Portfolio
                              Linkedin Profile

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X