OCD habbits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCD habbits?

A lot of people joke around about OCD, especially graphic designer people I know. I'm wondering if anyone here really has any OCD-like habits or really suffers from OCD on a life impairing level? I have a few myself.

Logically I know they're dumb, and I don't have the "if I don't wash my feet 3 times, my brother will die" mentality. They're just things that agitate me if my brain isn't convinced.

Light switches. I will sometimes turn a light off an on 10-20 times before I get that pleasant "its off" feeling.
    When I set a glass or something down, I sometimes set it down like 20 times before I can leave it.

Sometimes I have to click the mouse or type a word/letter several times before I'm able to move on. (this sucks when coding)

Recently every time I un-minimize a browser, I have to do things in this order or I have to close/reopen the browser:
    New tab: type "GR", hit enter (opens this forum). CTRL+T: type "TE", hit enter, (opens another forum I frequent).
    There are about 10 forums/sites I visit regularly, and I specifically do it this way for each.

If there is a stack of paper or something, I have to pick it up to make sure they're all aligned.

I check that the door is locked, stove is off, phone is plugged in, freezer is closed (???), alarm clock is set. There are so many more small ones like this.

Sometimes I will stop what I'm doing in the middle of the day and walk out to make sure my car is put in park, so it doesn't roll away.

This is the one that affects me the most. I have to tap metal objects before I completely commit to touching them, in fear of being shocked.
    "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Admit it, you added the extra b in "habits" in the thread title to lure in OCD-types … didn't you?

With that being said, I have no OCD or OCD like habits.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

CDO - in the order they should be.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
        Admit it, you added the extra b in "habits" in the thread title to lure in OCD-types didn't you?

With that being said, I have no OCD or OCD like habits.
        No that's because I'm uneducated.
        "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

I'm on here all the time when I'm supposed to be working. I get antsy staring at a project for more than 10 minutes without refreshing email & news. Pretty sure that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
            Admit it, you added the extra b in "habits" in the thread title to lure in OCD-types didn't you?
            Yup, that's where I went, too.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I have some habits that may qualify as OCD, I guess, but mine are due to a husband that can't remember to lock doors, turn off lights, put things away or turn off stoves.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
                No that's because I'm uneducated.
                I was just teasing of course

I guess spelling is one thing I'm a little "OCD" about but even then that's not really OCD.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

if I don't wash my feet 3 times, my brother will die

Comment

3 times a day? Or per washing session?

I'm sure he'll be fine

Comment

I just got back from a quick trip over to the nearby convenience store. I stood in line behind four or five other customers while the checker methodically organized her cash register, aligning each stack of currency to be face up and pointing in the same direction after, first, doing her best to straighten out whatever creases and corner folds might have been on those bills. It was as though she just couldn't proceed until George Washington was pointing in the same direction on every bill.

Comment

I have a lot of OCD tendencies. Things have to be spelled properly and lined up properly. I also insert commas in my head where they would go as if I were typing what I was saying. In my head, "Hi, my name is Cornfed" really goes "Hi comma my name is Cornfed."

I used to be pretty bad about locking doors, blowing out candles, turning off the stove...anything that can be perceived as dangerous. Now, when I lock my door, I'll say out loud "I locked the door on Friday morning." Having said it, with the day, makes me remember cause I'll never remember last Friday's assurance this Friday!

The only other thing I pretty compulsively do is draw a stick house on my fingertip with my other fingertip. Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm rolling up a booger, but really, I'm drawing the same house over and over.
                        You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by smee View Post
                          if I don't wash my feet 3 times, my brother will die
                          Now wouldn't it be sad if you neglected to do this one time and your brother actually did die? To guard against that occurrence, if you wash your feet four times, you can build up a reserve of washings. This will get you and your brother through those awkward times when a triple foot wash is impractical.

You also need to make sure that you wash both your feet in the right order. It can be left, then right, then left again or the other way around, but you can't vary the order on any one given day or the washing doesn't count. It's also vitally important that you maintain the same order while washing between each toe on each foot. I know this becomes tedious, but the better you become at repeating these tasks exactly as outlined, the better chance your brother has of not dying as a result of your negligence.

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
                            You also need to make sure that you wash both your feet in the right order. It can be left, then right, then left again or the other way around, but you can't vary the order on any one given day or the washing doesn't count.
                            You can't alternate, you have to wash them at the same time using two hands or one foot wont remain clean as long as the other foot.

Comment

i say you should wash them both at the same time. jumping in the shower could be problematic though.

i have a COD problem

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X