Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Typically View Post
    i have a COD problem
    Is it all fish or just the delicious ones?
    Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
    http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
      You can't alternate, you have to wash them at the same time using two hands or one foot wont remain clean as long as the other foot.
      That makes perfect sense and explains my brother's early death. His poor widow. It's my fault.

Comment

just the video game series

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I am SO OCD about some things and it drives my wife nuts:
          *I have certain hangers for certain clothes and they have to on them,
          *I have to pair up and sort by color my socks before the go into the drawer
          *I fold my underwear and stack it so the tops are rotated 180 degrees.
          *When I remove clothes from a hanger, I sort them by type so when I do laundry, they are all ready to go.

At the same time, I can walk away from dish on the table and let it stay there for 2 days...
          "You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it" - Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Craig B View Post
            I was just teasing of course

I guess spelling is one thing I'm a little "OCD" about but even then that's not really OCD.
            Yeah I know. Spelling has never been one of my main concerns. Though I've always been a bad speller and rely mostly on spell check now days.

Oh yeah, more computer related ones.

I can not just leave something in my email inbox, or on my desktop. Every item has to be either labeled or put in a folder somewhere.
            "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

nothing too crazy.

Quirks I might say. Mentioned this before but my socks have to have one with a larger opening and that goes on my right foot/calf as I figure my right calf is (ever-so-slightly) more muscular and therefore won't be stretching out the smaller opening.

I used to load the refrigerator at home with VitaminWater and have all the labels toward the front.

I too keep my dollar bills in amount order and all faces on top...no need for George Washington's to kiss each other...or any other president.

Some things just need to be the "right" way. Loading the dishwasher (though I claim it fits more dishes and and cleans better). I used to tuck my laces into my shoes when putting away and roll my belts into a roll...i've been lazier on these over the years.

again, nothing too drastic.
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

Nope I have no such tendencies ...

That being said:

If you leave the cupboard doors/closet doors open .... I'll kill ya

If you turn off the pc but leave the monitor on .... I'll kill ya

If put the empty milk jug back in the fridge .... I'll kill ya

If you leave your wet towel on the bed .... I'll kill ya

and if you don't put the toilet paper on correctly .... I'll kill ya

Other than that I think I am perfectly normal

Comment

Yeah the milk Jug one...
                  Everyone knows you don't use the last bit of milk, you leave just enough so the person after you uses the last bit.
                  "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

Yeah the milk Jug one...
                    Everyone knows you don't use the last bit of milk, you leave just enough so the person after you uses the last bit.
                    Likewise, when reaching into an opened package of sliced bread, it's important not to take the first slice. Instead, it's best to squeeze your hand past the first few slices to grab a fresher slice from the middle of the loaf.

(I'd be dead meat in less than a day at Kittie's house.)

Comment

This isn't really an OCD thing (or maybe it is...), but I randomly do this weird thing with my hands where I just shake them like crazy. It usually happens when I'm excited about something, but sometimes for no reason at all. It's totally voluntary, but I just mentally feel that I NEED to do it. I've been doing this since I was a kid, though never in front of anyone less than my closest family. It's not even really embarassing, just weird.

I was actually reading an article about the "rise" in autism the other day, and reading made me think that I would have probably been put on the "autism spectrum" if I was a kid today. It was saying how kids tend to be extremely shy, have problems with anxiety, and do repetitive tactile behaviors. Many have high IQs, however. Well, when I was little I so shy that I would hide behind my mom and cry if anyone tried to talk to me. I couldn't ask my teacher a question because I was too shy, and they even wanted to hold me back in kindergarten because I didn't seem to have adequate social skills (thankfully my mom knew I was fine and wouldn't let them). I also had panic attacks growing up and was diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder in 4th grade. Even though I missed 50+ school days in a year though, I still had straight As and tested around the 140 range for IQ.

I'm completely fine now, I'm shy but not debilitatingly so at all, and I maybe get one or 2 panic attacks in a year. I shake my hands randomly, but whatever. It doesn't affect me. I have met a few "autistic" kids who seemed completely normal to me, maybe just a bit quirky. I also know a girl who is clearly autistic. I just think though that doctors are diagnosing kids with all these disorders when there really isn't anything there. I remember when I was growing up, ADHD was the big diagnosis. Now I don't really know anyone whose kid has ADHD, but I know some with autism. I don't know. It's just weird to me to think about, especially when I think that a doctor somewhere probably would have called me autistic as a kid, if that had been the diagnosis of the times.

MAJOR thread derailment, sorry guys...
                      "I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares."--Saul Bass

Comment

When my class was being taught to type in junior high, the teacher encouraged us to practice throughout the day by "typing" on an imaginary keyboard. I got in the habit of doing this with phrases I heard or text I saw. Not full-fledged finger movement, just the slightest of twitches while mentally picturing hitting the appropriate keys. One time a friend and I were talking about habits and I told him about it. He thought it was pretty funny and sometimes he'd catch me at it later on and bust my balls the way friends do. Except at some point he started doing it too, and I'd see his fingers slightly moving. "You're typing aren't you?" "Oh shit, I am!"

That habit actually stuck with me off and on for several years. It probably did verge on OCD at some point because I know the feeling of things being "not quite right" if I didn't type something out once the thought occurred to me. Eventually I just got sick of it and made a conscious effort to stop or distract myself. It didn't take too long to shake the habit after I made the decision to stop, but sort of like an earworm kind of song I try to avoid thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
                          Likewise, when reaching into an opened package of sliced bread, it's important not to take the first slice. Instead, it's best to squeeze your hand past the first few slices to grab a fresher slice from the middle of the loaf.

lmao <b> The bread thing would drive me nuts too ... and .....

well .. truth be told ... you are so cute I might cut you some slack

Comment

Originally posted by iambunny View Post

I was actually reading an article about the "rise" in autism the other day, and reading made me think that I would have probably been put on the "autism spectrum" if I was a kid today. It was saying how kids tend to be extremely shy, have problems with anxiety, and do repetitive tactile behaviors. Many have high IQs, however. Well, when I was little I so shy that I would hide behind my mom and cry if anyone tried to talk to me. I couldn't ask my teacher a question because I was too shy, and they even wanted to hold me back in kindergarten because I didn't seem to have adequate social skills (thankfully my mom knew I was fine and wouldn't let them). I also had panic attacks growing up and was diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder in 4th grade. Even though I missed 50+ school days in a year though, I still had straight As and tested around the 140 range for IQ.
                            Interesting.. I scored a 143 IQ score in high school. I was also very shy till about 14 or 15. I got mostly B's and C's in school though.

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post

I do this too! My boyfriend HATES it. I also won't eat the last slice.

Comment

Interesting.. I scored a 143 IQ score in high school. I was also very shy till about 14 or 15. I got mostly B's and C's in school though.
                                I got some Bs and a C in high school, but it was mostly because when I was a freshman, I was out for almost an entire term when I got in a horseback riding accident. It was too hard to learn honors geometry while on a constant stream of pain killers lol. My band teacher in my senior year of high school also hated me (not sure why) and wouldn't give me an A, even though that class was about participation and I went to everything.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X