Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Comment on Self Logo Critique
    kemingMatters
    I'm fully aware that the first logo is black and white, I was commenting on how difficult it is to read at any distance other than on top of it.

The only versions that are really that legible...
    Today, 07:08 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on Indesign CC Exporting
    garricks
    Yeah, i have to agree…
    Today, 06:34 PM
  • subdrewgans
    Reply to Self Logo Critique
    subdrewgans
    In the first link, the very first logo is B&W. I think the one with your initials are stronger, but definitely needs some work and tightening up.

What does your logo say about you?...
    Today, 06:18 PM
  • CataclysmX
    Comment on Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    Yeah I meant use the same typeface from the S in the green logo, but if that doesnt work I would keep exploring, fonts are really underrated and people need to spend time finding working fonts to improve...
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Indesign CC Exporting
    kemingMatters
    Hello LaraMelissa1, welcome to GDF!
    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 05:30 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahah! The bread one is making me think about my poor dad griping at us while eating his pathetic little sandwich made up of both of the heels from a loaf of bread. Now I find myself doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
      I can not just leave something in my email inbox, or on my desktop. Every item has to be either labeled or put in a folder somewhere.
      Actually, I wish I had that problem!
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Originally posted by George Carlin
        When you make a sandwich at home, do you reach down past the first three or four pieces of bread to go down and get 'the good bread'? It's kind of a self preservation thing, y'know? What you're really saying is, "Let my family eat the rotten bread! I'll take care of Numero Uno!" And down you go into the loaf. Down, looking for the two that you want, a matching pair. And you have to be careful pulling them out so they don't tear. And then when you get them to the top, the upper eight slices fall the other way. I never straighten them out. I think, screw it, let 'em think a burglar made a sandwich. Not my job, straightening out the bread.

Comment

great quote Kool.

and I wish I had the email problem...I tried keeping a blank inbox and resorting to folders but boy miss a day and watch out, email floods in the backlog of need to read and read is mish-mashed, then the internet says, look at me...come back here. and you drift over there and forget about the neat and tidy inbox you had and still want.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
            I tried keeping a blank inbox and resorting to folders but boy miss a day and watch out...
            I just checked my email, and out of 4,511 undeleted messages, 1,389 of them remain unread. Once it gets this far out of control, it's gotta be a hopeless sort of situation.

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
            ...well .. truth be told ... you are so cute I might cut you some slack
            Woah! I'm pretty much speechless.

Comment

What? No way... is it that simple to take the words out of a grown man's mouth?

OCD. When I start something I don't like to quit till I'm done, which means I skip eating, drinking, sleeping... everything, if I'm into a project. I have to be really careful to not push it too far, cause it screws up my body big time. Lost around 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks, was too busy to eat.
              And I do have to straighten out all pictures on all walls so they're perfectly aligned.
              It looks like I have a few of those autistic symptoms too, not enough to be diagnosed, but was super shy as a kid, high IQ math brain, super sensitive to the point that I could feel whatever any person or animal in my vicinity was feeling (which was really confusing when I was younger before I figured it out, and figured out that not everyone could see what people were thinking/feeling). And I do tend to prefer to be alone most of the time.

Comment

And of course I do wash my feet 3 times at a go, 3 times a day, left right left in the mornings, right left right for the afternoons and back to left right left for the evening. I switch every week. It's a lot to keep track of but I only have one brother so...

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
                  I just checked my email, and out of 4,511 undeleted messages, 1,389 of them remain unread. Once it gets this far out of control, it's gotta be a hopeless sort of situation.

Woah! I'm pretty much speechless.

I love it when I leave a man speechless

Now as for my email.....I have like 5000 undeleted old msgs.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by iambunny View Post
                    I do this too! My boyfriend HATES it. I also won't eat the last slice.
                    Bread butts aren't bread, they're butts. We don't eat butts.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

This thread is scaring the crap out of me. Y'all are f'ed up.
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Lmao .....I actually enjoy bread butts toasted

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel B View Post
                          ...it screws up my body big time. Lost around 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks, was too busy to eat.

That helps explain the the vacant stare and blank look on your face that I've been noticing.

Comment

lol

No, that was TA's fault

Last edited by Rachel B; 05-05-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I do have OCD-like habits but they are not impairing at all. I think they are related to my job, a graphic designer. Here they are:

Papers must be straight.
                              Pencils must be straight. (when not being used)
                              Handwriting must beautiful.
                              Etc, etc.

By the way, only man-made objects have to be place and rotated correctly. Trees don't have to be pencil straight. I don't care. Also, plants with pots are different. The pot has to be placed right, but the plant can go crazy. I don't care!

I don't mind things that are way off center, but if something is just a tiny bit from the center, it bugs me. It's either way off center or on center.

Comic Sans seems to break all of these rules, so I have a fear of that font.

Comment

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
                                Bread butts aren't bread, they're butts. We don't eat butts.
                                i agree, i skip 2 slices down

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X