X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Mickey Shunick Now

Mods, if I'm out of line, then let me know!

A week ago Saturday, a girl went missing in my community. Some of you may have seen it on the news. I've been volunteering with the searches and donating supplies and doing anything one person can do to help. Thousands of other people have turned out to help as well. We've done ground searches through thick woods, air searches, swamp searches, everywhere. We've covered A LOT of ground. Texas Equusearch is heading up the search parties and it's very organized. They know she left her friends house on her bike and made it at least part of her route. She is on some surveillance videos, as well as a suspicious truck. They found her bike over the weekend in a swamp. I'm really rattled by this because it's also the area I walk each evening. Through online efforts of her friends, family and our community, over 800,000 people have been reached and flyers are as far as the Netherlands and South Africa. We are very much trying to get flyers all over the country/world. They've asked us to let everyone know in our online communities and anywhere we can think of to get flyers up. If you feel compelled, please hang a flyer or two in your area. One person and one flyer can make all the difference.

Thanks in advance!

Other links:

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

That is scary

I hope they find her soon....and YOU be safe xx

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Humanity, one of the few species that preys on itself. Shaking head.

Hope all the best for her.
      "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
      LinkedIn

Comment

We're all hoping for the best but that's not going to happen without a lot of human intervention. So while we're the one species that will prey on itself, we can also be a species that totally attacks those who go after our own and that's what we're doing. We are one pissed off community right now. I don't know one person with an atv or boat who hasn't gone out and searched. I don't know one person with a printer who hasn't hung flyers.

Again, if you'd like to hang a flyer, Lafayette would appreciate it! A lot of volunteers had to go to work today (like me), so we're doing what we can from our desks!
        You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X