Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    garricks
    Judy, the description of the sub forum reads:

Jobs and Paying projects.NO SPEC WORK OR CONTESTS! PAID WORK ONLY! IF IT'S NOT PAYING WORK DO NOT POST IT HERE!!! If you don't want the job,...
    Today, 12:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***GMAIL INVITE TO ANYONE WHO DONATES***

I was really disapointed that only 35 or so GDF members out of 5100+ registered, have donated thus far. I understand that for many people money is tight, but I find it hard to believe that someone couldn't forgoe there routine morning 'FrappaMochaCrappo' to donate at least $5.00. So I offer a Google GMail invite to anyone who dontates at least $5.00 to the GDF. As soon as you donate and are varified by Allen, PM me & I'll send you an invite with no catch, to thank you for your contribution. For those of you who are not familiar with Gmail, this is just some of what you get:

- 1,000 MB of storage capacity *(not a typo)

- Google powered, advance message search

- No pop-ups or untargeted banner ads

- Free automatic forwarding and POP3 access

- Much, much more!

For more information on all that Gmail has to offer, click here

...So now what's your excuse? [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/dry.gif[/img]

*Also - anyone who has already donated prior to this rant & would like an invite is more than welcome to PM me as well.

Post Edited (wango) : 3/16/2005 2:27:58 AM GMT

nice!

[I]The more people I meet, the more I love my cats.</A>
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I think we were all looking forward to the GDF ladies doing a sponsored strip ...

Comment

If he runs out, I'll help out with the invites as well.

Free iPod (explanation in Mod Blog)
        ProudPenguin
        P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Awesome man!!! Nice touch! Way to make a great way to donate. We need more things like this.

Two thumbs up for Wango!!! [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Edited By Moderator (morea) : 3/16/2005 2:35:41 AM GMT

Comment

We appreciate the shout out Wango, and your right, i would have thought that out of that many members the GDF would've got an outpouring of donations. Unfortunately it's one of those things where certain things are looked over and taken for granted. I'm sure there are many who really can't contribute financially , to them i say continue to contribute here on the GDF in anyway you can, whether it be advice, techniques or what not.

I know that Allen will continue to keep this place free for us all, and the Regulars will not hesitate in helping.

But for those of you who come in , surf, get what you want and leave.....and don't give and only take...don't take this forum for granted, one day it my not be here.

Comment

- Thanks for the backup Ryan, definetly appreciated. And thank you LimedDesign for your contribution, Invite on the way! [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/thumbsup.gif[/img]

- BTW: Don't forget to include your current email address in your PM to me, after you make your donation - thanks. [img]/DesktopModules/dotNetBB/emoticons/smilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys (and gals) for your excellent support of GDF, that in itself is one of the best contributions that can be given in my opinion.

Allen

Allen Harkleroad
                "I didn't do it... You didn't see me... You can't prove a thing..."

Make a donation to GDF to help us keep the forum running and free of advertising.
                Click here
                Allen Harkleroad
                Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

I'd be more willing to donate if I had a personal page where i coud keep images, blog, etc..something to personalize....sorta like a myspace type thing but not really.

28:06:42:12

Comment

yeah, wangos idea is awesome but for some strange reason, i got a gmail e-mail address when i visited google this morining. is this normal? said i was chosen??? awesome anyways, i guess i could donate g-mail accounts if that is really a big deal (just a free e-mail isnt it??) but it looks a little better than hotmail. i may use it as my primary e-mail address. and <STRIKE>platinum designers 1984's idea is AWESOME. (lol, my funnyest typo to date , mani love wednesdays)
                    on this forum, $5-$10 bucks per month. many other websites do it but charge over the top prices (up to $20+ per month) but as a student, it would be a great way for me to post my "showcase images" no more bad links in foruum posts , you could just link to your portfolio/blog page where you upload your images. I am thinking of making a portfolio website this summer, but i page where i can display my work and just give my friends links would be awesome and would save me having to e-mail rar files ect and them not work sometimes. I would pay for that deal, you should work out some payment plans and get back to us allen
                    and again i will help w/ the gmail thing, since i got lucky i guess :P (lets just hope that gmail doesnt go pubic
                    --liam

Comment

Yeah, and then if you get a blog/portfolio page, you 'feel' like your getting something for your money. Not like this forum isn't something, it's just more abstract and a portfolio/blog is more tangible.

28:06:42:12

Comment

well, gents, in all honesty it seems to me that this would create MORE expense for Allen, not really do much to resolve the problem... even if donations would cover the added expense for features like this, they wouldn't make much difference in the current expenses involved...

But then, I am not the one with the checkbook, so I could be wrong. *shrug*

I think that every one of us on these boards has learned something of value here, which is why I have set up a monthly donation even though it's not much. I believe that everyone who has benefitted from the forum could easily do the same to ensure its survival. It doesn't have to be much. If each active member would donate as little as $1 or $2 a month it would make a big difference.

[I]The more people I meet, the more I love my cats.</A>
                        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Bake cookies and sell them $$$

Comment

I also am willing to offer my gmail invites to as much as 50 donators.

Ever since I've gotten Gmail... I have found my saviour. It's better than anything out there!!!

Comment

gmail is a good offer, Let me extend an offer as well.

Any one that donates could come to me to recieve a discount on their business card printing. Thats 4 color both sides, pantones unavailible do to our process, but the quality is very good. I offer this to friends, and anyone that donates to GDF is my friend. This is a substantial discount, I will not give prices here as to not advertise, but lets just say I like my cards.

"OH what a big man you are!...Let me buy you a pack of gum, I'll show ya how to chew it..."

~Al Pacino, Glen Gary Glenn Ross
                              Tapp-d
                              "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X