X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I GOT A JOB

okay I had two interviews last Monday in Birmingham, ALABAMA where my wife is from.

one with AL.COM - they offered me the job right there. I would be doing web stuff full benefits 28k a year full benefits corporate enviroment downtown Birmingham, Alabama

one with Concepts, Inc. - a graphic design company who only does print----until now.....

Concepts, Inc. offered me 32k plus full benefits FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP....paid vacation etc. I can work from my house when needed and I can even bring my dog to work whenever I want...super family type company dress super casual flexable enviroment etc -

Well I did a project for them (postcard mailer) on wednesday night. They said they had an interview Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and I would know something on Friday.

Well they called me today and offered the job to me. So I took it!!!!
    I will be one of three designers and the only one who knows web.

I start June 1st and my teachers said they will let me email them work since I dont graduate until June 23rd and I will have my A.S.

I will return back to University of Alabama in Birmingham (UAB) to finish my BFA in Decemeber and Concept Inc said they will pay for half the tutition.

I am so damn excited finally things are looking up and all the hard work has paid off....however I will keep learning with continued help from this board.

So this is also a post to say thanks for everyone here that has slapped me on the head when I design bad and given me their time to help me grow making me a better designer.

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

congrats man!
    Short Attention Gamer | UFClounge

Comment

Jackpot!

- There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Comment

super pimp big pimp, congrats man, i hope the best for ya

censored by the all mighty gods of reality.
        ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

congrats big perm!!

Comment

Congrats Big Perm, Sweet deal... hang on to this one cause it is rare indeed.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
            "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Wow, great job. I am always happy to see another designer get a job, because it is so hard these days that actually pays what designers deserve to get paid.

Comment

thanks everyone

I got the lead by emailing everyone listed in the birmingham AIGA chapter's contact list (pres. vice pres tres. etc). My email basically said Does anyone here know of any openings for graphic designers. Only one responded to my email and said he knew of someone. I email that company (who didnt post a want ad) and I got an interview.

I have emailed the guy that gave me the lead and told him I would join the AIGA since he is incharge of memberships. Its nice finding people like that who are willing to spend time helping someone they dont know out.... I thought the GDF were the only kind designers around.

I am on cloud 9.....

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

thats sounds like its gonna be great! congrads!

www.standercreative.com

Comment

Way to go Big Perm. Sounds like an enviable job. Put your heart into it.

The 'Lettering Guy' says: 'It's not only what you say, but how well you say it.'

Comment

Congratulations BP this sounds like a really great job and kudos on your 'outside the box' search method.

'I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.' Abraham Simpson

Comment

Way to go!
                        Good luck, man.

Specialization is for insects...

R.H.

Comment

Congratulations Perm!!

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
                          I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Man you landinged in the !@#$. Great opp. and Congradulations!!!

Comment

awesome, congrats on the job. You deserve it, PERM!

Support Music and Arts Education
                              www.dafenix.org

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X