Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jessica21
    Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Hello All,

Background:
    I am making a logo for my boyfriend's tea company, Starlight Tea. It sells high quality loose leaf tea, will have a website, and be in a local cafe (it's more...
    Today, 05:52 AM
  • Buda
    How to cut down on meetings?
    Buda
    I have a client who I am going to design a book for. I met with her about 4-5 months ago to discuss. She emails me each month to tell me she hasn't advanced any further on the project. She's been overseas...
    Today, 05:25 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    skribe
    It sounds to me like you are hitting a retina issue. When I look at your site the graphics look fine to me on my 25" monitor. I just googled "SquareSpace Retina Support" and quickly...
    Today, 05:24 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to First job out of college, totally overwhelmed and need advice
    Buda
    I have to add, please ask questions if you are unsure. Even confirmation is good so that you know you are on track.

I have a junior designer that never asks questions. He just battles through...
    Today, 04:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    Buda
    I agree with b, make the images the size you require, then save for web choosing a fairly high setting if that is important to you.
    Today, 04:34 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new house

This past friday, saturday and sunday the wife and I went up to birmingham since we are moving up there soon. She had a couple interviews at dental offices doing office manager work. So she got a job making good money (30k) she is certified dental assistant so she is extra valuable to a dental office. So just put a house under contract set to close June 4th. Its a garden home in a nice subdivision. Its about 1600 sq feet with 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms built in 1997. And the good part is (and this is why I love birmingham alabama). We are closing at 124k and the seller pays the closing costs ($2700). So with association fees, mortgage payment, home owner insurance and property taxes its about $920 a month. Yeah pretty cheap about the cost of a 2 bedroom apartment in birmingham to rent.

Real Estate in Birmingham is SOOOOO cheap....

www.twosmalldogs.com/ourhome/index.html

its about 5 miles from both our work...we are super happy....its nice to have stuff work out finally

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Congrats Perm!!! I just bought my first home a month ago and I am loving it!!!! Mowed MY friggin grass tonight..not the landladies....but MINE! w00t! You will love it..I wish you the best of luck!

Oh....yer house is the same color as mine....haha! neat!

Who says doodling isn't constructive?!
    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Sounds like a good deal Perm. Why Ala? My wife's best friend is a Dental Asst and she makes like $56/hr. After I heard that I knew I was in the wrong industry.

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
      "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

LOL @ Defjoe.

Congradualtions Perm your on your way man your on your way.

Comment

congrats, PERM!

Support Music and Arts Education
          www.dafenix.org

Comment

$56/hr! WHUT! Phuk guys...let's go to dental school! Get creative with teeth! LOL ok ok just kidding P Perm...did you say you chose Ala bc you were finishing school there or something?

Comment

okay to clarify I didnt pick Alabama I picked Birmingham.... Alabama sucks birmingham is a fun town....is like a laid back atlanta (atlanta is 2 hrs away) Birmingham gets alot of design work from Atlanta and Nashville.... Birmingham has fun stuff to do like City Stages (www.citystages.com)
              I went to school in Birmingham for 3 years and met my wife there her family is from there. Birmingham has the best income to living cost ratios in the Southeast. For Instance gas is 1.83 a gallon and as you can see homes are cheap. The people in Birmingham have been cool with me thus far....things I hate about florida are if I am in a bar just having a beer and I bump into someone purely an accident. Then its on that someone now offically wants to fight. Him and all his miami thug crew are all in my face. Its totally different in Birmingham people are cool, laid back and you could walk up to a stranger and just have a beer with them. There are tons of bars that you can where flip flops, cargo shorts and a shirt too....

Birmingham also doesnt have a descent design program near them....Auburn I think is okay but Alabama, UAB, Birmingham Southern, Samford, Alabama State etc are bad.... so dont get me wrong there is talent in birmingham but its not coming from Birmingham the talent is coming from other places.

I have some very close friends from football up there also....as much as I hate living in Alabama...Birmingham in my experiences has been a real good experience...I have a pretty good network of friends and people i know thru football and its so nice having some connections....

plus Southern Progress (corp.southernprogress.com), ebsco, healthsouth, southtrust and a couple other big companies are in birmingham

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

Sounds like you and your wife will enjoy your new life! I think that's great! Good luck to you Perm!

Comment

Ha.. see what you described about the clubs if Birmingham is what I think about the clubs in Orlando compared to Boston. that's funny.

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

Yeah here in Savannah you can wear whatever you want in the bars. Hell you could walk in wearing your bathing suit and it wouldn't matter. It's very laid back here too... I love it.

Comment

I hate flip flops

NEVER wear them. I think it looks dumpy on dudes... i'm a little more forgiving with girls. It's sexist but at least i'm honest about it.

Comment

Man when I was living in PR I wore flip flops everywhere. Too hot to be with socks and sneakers on. That how you catch athletes foot.

Comment

LOL @ Joe! That is SO funny that you say that bc I hate flip flops too...on men. My friends all think I am insane but I can see the hottest guy ever and then I look down and see he has those on and EWWEE...it just ruins it for me totally!

Comment

It is rampant here at the college. I would say 95% of the people here (guys and girls) wear flip flops. I just find them lazy. to each their own. I am never without my sneakers. Even at home. I very rarely walk around in my socks and even rarer bare feet! i HATE that.

Comment

Haha yeah I know what you mean. It use to be that I couldn't stand to have my shoes on inside the house. Then I went away to college and the dorm was EWWEE and then I got into the habit of always having my shoes on. Now I leave them on until I KNOW that I am settled in for the night and then they can come off. I don't wear flip flops at all bc that lil thing that goes between your toes...it just tickles and I can't hack it...ROFL! Honest...thats the truth ;o)

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X