Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    <b>
    Are you the designer, the printer, the merchant or all of them? A designer doesn't typically base fees on the number that will be printed. A printer, on the other hand, does do that. Even when a designer...
    Today, 10:23 PM
  • cdgc
    Retail vs Contract Pricing
    cdgc
    Looking for some input on this matter.

Many years ago we published a map for railroad enthusiasts that was 1/1 black and folded several times into 3.5" by 9". Nothing all that...
    Today, 09:28 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    Kayekaye
    Better photo, but flip it so the eye travels left to right. Having on the left side it kind of stops the eye there.

Have you not learned about line lengths? This is about 88 characters long....
    Today, 09:14 PM
  • sketxz!
    Reply to BEST COMPUTER CONFIGURATION FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNERS?
    sketxz!
    So I got the new SSD and it's amazing. It fits in the palm of my hand but so much speed compared to my old one. Here's some graphs of before and after (keep in mind it was a buggy 5 year old drive):...
    Today, 08:43 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    <b>
    It's an interesting-looking graphic, but for the reasons already mentioned, it doesn't really meet the usual requirements of a logo. I'm not a big fan of Lobster either, but that's just me.
    Today, 08:37 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Substitute Friday Post

Since Kool is taking a seriously well deserved day off, I took a shot at assembling a Friday post for those of us stuck at work today. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you name-needing, castle defending, tutorial writing, cheese battling, dirty joke telling, postcarding, unofficially lounging, stuck at work before a holiday weekend Graphic Designers!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Originally posted by The_Black_Knight
    My job doesn't involve getting shot at, which is a plus. Also, unlike working in any medical field, people's lives don't usually hang in the balance depending upon the decisions that I make; if I set something in the wrong font, nobody will suffer any ill effects from it.
    Originally posted by D-Zine
    We deliver our papers every Thursday morning. First thing this morning we get a call from a customer. He says he opened the paper box, to get a paper out, and got stung by a bee. He was pretty irate from what I understand. So, my bossman went down to the "crime scene" (lol) to make sure the man was ok, and to have a look at the box - to make sure there was no nest or anything. All is well but if I could talk to the man I would have said "Dude, we didn't intentionally put the bee in the box so he could sting you!!" Oh and "Don't sue please"
    Originally posted by Eraser Nubbin
    Next time I get bit by a mosquito on the soccer field I am going to phone the City and demand that I get a voucher for the bloodbank to get back my displaced plasma.
    Originally posted by rickself
    The guys lucky a chili-covered finger part didn't fall out of his paper!
    Originally posted by Mynock
    coffee is hot? I didn't know, thanks for the warning D-Zine. I was about to make some and pour it down my pants. That's weird.
    Originally posted by keith1
    Morea if your were a male I'd call you Sir Links-A-Lot.
    Originally posted by G-Man79
    *Looks around and sees an empty bar*
    Alright then, I'll go topless!

Everybody be sure to vote in the self portrait photo contest!

Linky: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=9345

Once you have voted, you may proceed to save and print this official "I voted" badge, and thus be the envy of your peers.

Have a GREAT weekend!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Always ontop of things morea - way to go.

Have a fanshmabulous weekend everybody - eat-drink-swim-drink-boat-blow stuff up!

Comment

Morea you stole my thunder I was gonna make one too. It wouldn't have been as good though Here's to Friday and I long weekend, wait where's my drink..oops I left it a the unofficial GDF lounge.

Comment

I made the list again w00t!
        That's like three in a row!
        Less be more.

Comment

keith1 if you made one it would be the UNofficial QOTW
          Less be more.

Comment

lmao. Mine's rather unofficial too, since only Kool can post the TRUE friday post.

Comment

I know the title was gonna be the Unofficial Official Unofficial Friday Post.

Comment

lmao!

Comment

nice morea Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians and Happy 4th of July to my american Brothers/Sisters.

This weekend marks the last weekend of my 3 week holiday, it was quite the adventure with the baby being born, and to wrap things up it's our Anniversary on sunday...wow I lasted a year...wooohooo!

Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Thanks for fillin in for Kool morea!

Great post, and I made QOTW! w00t!! AHh yeah!!

I have tons to get done today so I won't be around much, been par for the course this week tho for me I guess! Have a GREAT holiday weekend everyone!!

Beer! Drink Beer!
                    I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

congrats tyger. Happy anniversary!

Comment

thanx morea, can you believe it? time flies.

Comment

Originally posted by _Tyger_
                          nice morea Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians and Happy 4th of July to my american Brothers/Sisters.

This weekend marks the last weekend of my 3 week holiday, it was quite the adventure with the baby being born, and to wrap things up it's our Anniversary on sunday...wow I lasted a year...wooohooo!

Have a great weekend all!
                          My year anniversary was on the 19th, time doth fly. You also have a new member already, wow! We're gonna wait until we're in our 90's for our first, lol. Congrats Tyger on both endeavors!

Comment

Great job Morea. I knew you'd come through for us. And kudos also to you Tyger on your anniversary.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend and try not to lose any fingers or toes while playing with those dang fireworks! It's all fun and games until someone loses an appendege...and then it's just fun you can't feel.

Peace!
                            Official lunchboxbrain blog

Comment

hey happy anniversay keith!(and g-man) that was the day my son was born, and yup, we didn't waste much time! he...he...he...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X