X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4th Anniversary of the GDF was a real black tie affair. We dress up nice, don'tcha think?

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Party at IHOP!

Last edited by morea; 11-07-2006, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Our Bad Taste Party... there weren't words to describe it.

Comment

on to Zapp's lovenasium, for a pajama bash futurama style.

Comment

On December 6, 2006 we celebrated the 300,000th post on GDF.

This was a tough one to choose a location for, since "300,000 posts" doesn't lend itself to anything obvious.

Then I realized... we've actually had LOTS of milestones this past few months, all adding up to this BIG milestone. So, what do you get when you put a bunch of stones together? STONEHENGE!

Everybody stepped up and got their druid on, and a good time was had by all.

Comment

We called the gang together again to celebrate my 25,000th post (where DOES the time go?). Free association led us from 25,000 to $25,000 pyramid, but since we were all pretty broke, we just decided to go with a plain $0 pyramid party.

Comment

Our party on Mars was out of this world, shamefully bad pun intended.

Comment

I thought that there were one or two missing. The gym one was the Wear Red Day PS party to promote heart disease awareness.

On Friday the 13th we went camping in the woods. It was a scream.

Last edited by morea; 05-28-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

We took a trip to outer space in celebration of my 30,001 Posting Oddity:

Comment

We celebrated the 400,000th post on the forum with a whale watching cruise.

Yanni even came by to perform live from the Apocalypse, but it turned out that it wasn't Armageddon after all, just Broacher.

Comment

Talk Like a Pirate Day 2007 was celebrated in style with TWO parties.

The first took place on board Carter's fine ship:

And the second once we arrived at our destination:

Last edited by morea; 12-07-2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

In December, the gang got together for some last-minute shopping before the holidays.

Comment

We observed Bubble Bath Day on January 8th. I couldn't find a tub that was big enough for all of us, so I returned the empty beer bottles from the LAST party and used the refund to rent a hotel pool for the occasion.

Things didn't get quite as rambunctious as normal, but I'd hazard a guess that it was because nobody wanted to tick Chuck off.

Comment

National Wear Red Day is held on the first Friday in February each year. It is a day when people nationwide wear red to show their support for women's heart disease awareness. Though it is sometimes believed to be a problem that primarily affects men, heart disease is also the #1 killer of women.

We celebrated Wear Red Day 2008 in the park to get us outdoors for some fresh air and exercise.

Last edited by morea; 04-01-2008, 01:02 PM.

Comment

The first official GDF Concert was held in March 2008. We had a pretty good turnout, all things considered, and I got a chance to break out the old trumpet for the occasion.

We haven't decided yet whether to call the concert "Band Aid" or "Mental Aid", the former being more self-explanatory and the latter being something that we were all in need of anyway.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X