X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​ Happy No Pants Friday!!!

Happy No Pants Friday!!!

.... now whip 'em off and strut around like you own the place

The first No Pants Subway Ride began with seven riders in 2002 in New York City. In 2006, 150 riders in New York City participated. During that event, eight were handcuffed for disorderly conduct, but the charges were later dismissed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Pants_Day

Have a great weekend all you wonderful Designers!!

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    .. splash pages are the equivalent to a mime blocking your way and doing a routine before allowing you into the grocery store.
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    "It puts the spot heal on the wrinkles. It does this whenever it's told... It puts the spot heal on the wrinkles or else it gets the hose again!"
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    I suspect "they don't have phones in that department" translates to, "We don't want you talking to the designers. Ever."
    Originally posted by garricks View Post
    Does anyone else wonder that "Hairball Day" and "Hug a Plumber Day" being on the same day aren't a coincidence? Yay for penguins!!!
    Originally posted by Designia View Post
    Parental Alienation Day. As in "my mother is an alien" or "go away Mom, I hate you."?
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    Wrong kind of lightbulb. That one is being legislated out of existence.
    Originally posted by Buda View Post
    A briefcase? Please, no. It's what a child thinks what symbolizes a business.

Originally posted by LeftBrain Artist
    Sounds super. I feel like we've got some great synergy going on. I'm going to run this past the team and see how you stack up to the other 18 advertising options we're considering. For further consideration you'll have to submit an Individual Advertiser Profile form, an Advertising Individual Approval Registration form, a Confidential Information Agreement rider, a Sexual History Synopsis Statement, an Answers to Me of these Questions 3 Pythonian Psychological Evaluation, tax returns from 1995, proof that you found the little man in the boat, fingerprints, retinal scans, mushroom stamp imprints, and three Mr. T Cereal boxtops.

Originally posted by Pointyhat
    Seriously, how do 20 graphic designers change a lightbulb? They buy 20 new lamps. And then fight about the lampshades.

Originally posted by LeftBrain Artist
    It was a warm spring day and I was a bright young lad with not a care in the world. I met some new friends at an ice cream social who invited me to an after-social get together. I accepted their invitation. After some spirited hoop rolling with sticks, one of my new friends pulled out a sketch pad and a pencil and said "hey guys, lets do some graphic design, I've got some killer sh%*!" At first I was hesitant, remembering all the horror stories my parents told me - I told them "no thanks, that's not really my thing." But they told me "don't be such a baby", and "everyone else is doing it". And there was a really cute girl there I wanted to impress and she was doing it too! Ultimately, I caved in to the peer pressure and - Gawd! it was awesome. But unfortunately, I quickly developed a tolerance and had to design more and more to get that rush. Now, I spend hours and hours each day designing in a dark room, and I barely feel anything. I just wish death would come and take away my hollow existence.

Good luck with your new career!

Originally posted by garricks
    He apparently thinks there's a large turnip truck nearby, off of which we all just fell.

Great Quotes Red, thanks

I've had a miserable week. I finally threw in the towel on my decades long battle with my teeth and had most of them (16) pulled last Monday. I've got a brand new full set of upper dentures and a large partial on the bottom. My gums and jaws are way to sore to eat anything so i've been surviving on broth and pudding all week. I'm pancaking starving!

Comment

• Designia
      Designia commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you Kool, you'll be so much happier and healthier in the long run. Vodka is easily ingestible with a straw. Hope you feel better soon.

• Red Kittie Kat
      Red Kittie Kat commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww .. poor you I have a feeling that is not too far into my future as well. I've really been battling with them the past few years and Chemo pretty much did them in. I sure hope the pain subsides soon for you. Great suggestions from people on what to eat ... 'cause broth and jello can get old fast When I couldn't chew at a few points in life cottage cheese was my go to food. I didn't have to chew and it filled me up

• Kool
      Kool commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys, I'll try some of these ideas. One of my problems is that the area under my tongue is pretty sore from rubbing up against the new lower partial so moving my tongue hurts, even on stuff you don't really need to chew

Yay we were funny this past week! Thanks for the quotes Kittie! Have a good weekend everybody.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

I'm so looking forward to the first not-quite-there-but-way-better-than-anything-so-far Spring-like weekend.
      Thanks Kitty, have a good weekend everyone!

Comment

Yowzer! I fell ya pain Kool! One word. Bourbon. Ok, two words. Bourbon, Codine. LOL

Thanks for the quotes RKK, hilarious!! I am spinning in a mire of muck again so I'm depending on Friday Quotes to tell me it's Friday!! Have a great weekend everybody!
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Boy, I NEED to find time to get back on here (at work).

Great quotes. No Pants Friday...crap.
          Best wishes for a soothing recovery, Kool.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

Have a good weekend ya'll. Take it easy, Kool.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
              Great quotes. No Pants Friday...crap.
              You can't crap your pants when wearing no pants in which to crap.

Comment

I didn't know a that No Pants Friday even existed...and I missed it Many years ago I attended a pants party which was hilarious. I might just start my own No Pants Friday at home. I'm sure that will scare off the foreign housemates really quick haha

Comment

Wow, somehow I missed No Pants Friday.
                  Probably a good thing. Woulda been a bad day to go commando.

Kool, hope your food intake woes get fixed soon. Now you really have to watch out for those "bones in the popcorn."

Comment

• Kool
                    Kool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Getting better slowly PD. I can eat stuff that breaks apart easy like fish or is pretty soft like pasta. Still can't bite down hard on my tender gums.

Even those with perfect teeth should beware of the popcorn bones, if they want to keep them anyway LOL

I missed no pants Friday also! It's Thursday here now. I'm at work and I'm not wearing pants.

Good to hear you are on the mend, Kool. One of the most visited posts on my food blog is one where I list foods to eat after dental surgery. Mr Buda had dental surgery in Thailand where it is very difficult to find things that are both squishy and not FULL of chili.

I found a British dude with a restaurant that would sell me mashed potatoes and gravy. He wasn't happy about it because potatoes and gravy ingredients are difficult to come by in Thailand but I insisted he charge me whatever he felt was a fair price. I would have paid 10 times what it was worth just to have something edible to bring back to Mr Buda suffering in our hotel room. Once he graduated from mashed potatoes, he ate eating lasagna, shepherds pie and scrambled eggs. I would have been happy existing on Thai rice soup with minced meat or fish but he's wasn't a fan.

So many people go to Thailand for the cheap US-trained dentists that it is surprising someone doesn't come up with a post-dental food delivery service. Just dealing with weak, rich foreigners all day. Easy.

p.s. I'm wearing a skirt you pervs.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually any city that caters to Americans dodging their high cost of health care could have any number of industries catering to the American medical tourist. Though high-priced, Boston is sort of unique in this I guess as they have hospitals that people from all over the world come to, so they already have concierge services, outside nursing services and a whole host of catering services surrounding that industry. I'm surprised other places don't too.

• B
                    B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "p.s. I'm wearing a skirt you pervs. "

Now come on. It's perfectly normal for a man's attention to suddenly shift and refocus when he hears a woman say she's wearing no pants. It's basic biology. As for skirts, very few women where I work still wear them, which I have mixed feelings about because they really do look nice.

Go ahead, <b>, wear a skirt to work. I'm sure all the women would appreciate it.

Comment

• B
                    B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know, my hairy legs would look pretty gross under pantyhose.

• Buda
                    Buda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pantyhose is one thing I cannot stand. Hairy legs or not.

Originally posted by Buda View Post
                  in Thailand where it is very difficult to find things that are both squishy and not FULL of chili.
                  Restraining myself from making a comment on this LOL

Comment

• Buda
                    Buda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Speak freely!

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                  Comment on Poster for a school project
                  PrintDriver
                  Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...
                  Today, 04:55 PM
                • kbarry
                  Reply to Projects to spruce up portfolio
                  kbarry
                  To be honest, some of it is dated. I've been in publishing for a couple of years and although I did do graphic design, there were several other things I did. Not a lot of things that are incredibly worth...
                  Today, 03:27 PM
                • Faye F. Cagle
                  Reply to Work from UK for an US company
                  Faye F. Cagle
                  I think it shouldn't be a problem since you will be working remotely. You can get the wages in USA bank account to avoid tax issues in the UK. It may depend on what visa category your are applying in...
                  Today, 02:05 PM
                • Biggs097
                  Reply to Poster for a school project
                  Biggs097
                  Bring the type together. Unify the typography. Something like this. Just an idea.
                  Today, 01:10 PM
                • seamas
                  Reply to Poster for a school project
                  seamas
                  Two out of three of the performers were brutally murdered (and hated each other).

That's NOT a fun party.
                  Today, 01:07 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X