Happy Friday Gang!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Friday Gang!!!!

Have a great Friday and a great auto correct laugh!

They are a bit crass ... but a good laugh none the less

Have a great weekend all you wonderful Designers!!

Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    This is a typically a designers problem, they fail to write briefs for their own projects, the result is that everything becomes malleable and they drift off course like a sailor without a compass. Write down what you want to accomplish so you aren't trying to hit a shapeshifting target (or a T-1000).
    Originally posted by seamas View Post
    I think they are terrific, especially the microbes. In many respectsI think they have more personality than the persons.
    Originally posted by Possumgal View Post
    Judging by the business cards I've been asked to do in the last few years, a hot mess is what people want these days. What I call cartoon business cards.
    Originally posted by MichaelWied View Post
    It's like someone trying to get mad over every shampoo bottle is a cylinder. But that's because when your hands are wet, a cylinder offers the best grip (don't ask how I know that). Just because everyone does it, doesn't necessarily make it bad.
    Originally posted by kemingMatters View Post
    To be designer in Bedrock, My expenses for chisels, dictabird snacks and slabs of slate are 40 clams/week. I also need to cover taxes, car repairs, engine massages, food etc and I want to go bowling and have a little extra. lets say that's an additional 60 clams a week for a total of 100 clams. I don't want to have to work too long of hours for my money so have time to go bowling and to royal order of water buffalo lodge meetings so I anticipate having to work 20 hours each week, which means I need to charge 5 clams an hour to live life the way I've grown accustomed to. But I realize that I'm not always going to have 20 hours of work so I need to tack on bit more to cover slower weeks so maybe I charge 6 clams per hour provided Mr Slate doesn't undercut me and steal my business.
    Originally posted by hank_scorpio View Post
    Key to not getting viruses? Don't go on dodgy websites or search for dodgy things!
    Originally posted by BJMRamage View Post
    Come back to see Bevel-fest on the top/main image. looks like the 90s threw up their Zima's after a night of partying hard jamming out to Soundgarden.

... and lastly .. not my doing lol

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
    ... I'll have to give you all a quickie!

.... a classic quickie that is

Thanks so much for a such a great bunch of submissions everyone! You all rock!!

Originally posted by Tea View Post
    Okay...listen to this...since you mentioned Johnnie Walker....I was out and a friend of mine is talking to the bartender and asks what the price of the Black Label is...she decides it's too pricy, orders the Red....and then..

yes....

mixes it with Coke. Might as well have put a pancaking Skittle in it.

Originally posted by LeftBrain Artist View Post
    Let's think about this logically, shall we?

First of all - this is a battle royal - so everyone starts out in the ring, get pushed out of the ring and you're eliminated.

With that in mind, Sonny gets agitated instantly and bounces himself out. Tony, being a tiger, goes immediately for a nice juicy rabbit and downs the Trix bunny. Dig'em would go for his natural prey - the Cheerios Honey Bee - and consume him in likewise fashion. Snap Crackle and Pop team up with their fellow fey creature Lucky to take down evil spirit of the night Count Chocula, driving Lucky's shillelagh through his heart, but not before the Count mesmerizes at least one of them, say... Crackle, into killing himself and bites Pop turning him into a vampire. By this time, old man Cap'n Crunch has managed to wake up from his nap and free his sword from its scabbard in time to be ripped to shreds by Tony. Digem turns his attention to Pop, ensnaring him with his gooey tounge, but is unable to do any real damage - Lucky takes advantage of the deadlocked pair, scattering their brains across the ring with sharp blows from his shillelagh.

Down to Tony, Snap, and Lucky. Lucky offers Tony a wish. Tony wishes to be the last one standing - a wish granted as blood pours his ears and he dies instantly, but remains standing. Without his elven brothers, Snap is no match for Lucky's magic and shillelagh skills.

Lucky wins.

Originally posted by NTLemon View Post
    ... can I get that in a to go bag?
    Frankster's response to NTLemon

Originally posted by frankster View Post

I have a migraine and my dodgy vision read that as "can I get a go in that bag?", which was promptly follwed by a mental image of NT in a sack, being beaten with a bat by pointy. Too much for me to handle. I need to step away from the computer until the old noodle is fully operational again.

Originally posted by garricks View Post
    This thread is deranged.

*sings*

"Home, home on deranged
    where the Tea and the Tuliptree play.
    Where Bladez is heard,
    An encouraging word,
    And the shoes
    they get painted all day."

Happy Friday, that was a pretty long quickie kittie Thank you.

Well, I'm on pins an needles waiting for my phone to ring. I'm sure it will soon because my clients have all decided to get back to me/commence new projects at once; like they had a meeting or something and decide "Since kem's going to be OOO any day now, we should all try to get some work in now before he's gone for a bit."
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Oh Cool! I come back for a tiny post and it makes it here...probably just a lure to get me to come back more often, not that it really was Friday QOTW worthy.

Great to read these. I do miss this place...have to try and find more time.

Glad it is Friday. I need this weekend...and because my brother and sis-in-law were sick last week/weekend, we are celebrating Father's Day at their place Saturday with Steamed Crabs!
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

• kemingMatters
        kemingMatters commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you're not getting those Steamed Crabs from a Public Sauna or Turkish Bath-house.

Bevel-fest sounds exclusive, where can I get tickets?

• BJMRamage
        BJMRamage commented
        Editing a comment
        that's why i added "steamed" ...doh! i see what you did there.

Bevel-Fest is an exclusive event, sorry. I am sure you can track down one near you.

Happy Birthday Kittie! Have a fun, fab fifity!!

Comment

• Red Kittie Kat
        Red Kittie Kat commented
        Editing a comment
        lmao!! That's awesome

• Designia
        Designia commented
        Editing a comment
        I loved it!

What? 50? That's impossible, your eye doesn't look a day over 20.
      "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

TGIF ! Happy birthday Kittie !!!
        "After all is said and done, more is said than done."
        Aesop

Comment

Happy Birthday Red!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Thanks gang It's not official until the 26th ... but I'll be celebrating a'plenty on Sunday ringing in the "middle ages"

Comment

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you are having a great Sunday bash today Kittie.

Had a pretty icky weekend.

On Friday evening after work, I and found our rabbit's left eye was sealed shut. I freaked out and called the vet and we spent most of Saturday hanging out at the vet clinic. He has a corneal ulcer which has gotten severely infected. He probably scratched it or a piece of hay poked him in the eye.

It's pretty horrific having force open that pus-ridden, red eye open 4 times a day to administer drops and ointment for conjunctivitis. He doesn't like us to go near that eye. Poor thing.

We are going back to the vet this morning for a follow up. It doesn't look any better to me but hopeful that the vet thinks we are on track.

Eye injuries give me the heebie jeebies.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• BJMRamage
                BJMRamage commented
                Editing a comment
                ouch! I think i saw you post on Facebook. How are things today?

Happy Not-Quite-Your-Birthday-Yet Birthday, Kitty!

Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X