Happy Slurpee Friday!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Slurpee Friday!!!

Happy 7-11 Day!! If you have a store near you, stop by and grab a free Slurpee!

We don't have any around here ... so I am doomed to just oggling pretty pictures LOL

https://www.7-eleven.com/7-Eleven-Day

Have a great weekend all you wonderful Designers!!

Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    You're opening a design agency that will only work for spiritual Asians? Interesting.
    Originally posted by Designia View Post
    I'm afraid of your Photoshop.

Originally posted by Kool View Post
    My local large chain grocery store is a perfect example of this. Long gone are the days when customer convenience was a priority. Now it's just the opposite. They have the milk and eggs as far as they can possibly shelve it from the bread and veggies. Plus they rearrange the store every couple of months. Sometime they just switch everything from one end of the aisle to the other or to the opposite side. Other times like recently they will move things all the way to the opposite side of the store. Having me wander up and down every aisle looking for the pancaking horseradish is a good thing for them no matter how pissed of it makes me.
    Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
    That's kinda like the rebranding of Tropicana orange juice. Maybe if enough people complained they would stop?
    Our local grocery store did a re-sort, but their excuse was adding an aisle. So what if doing that put column posts in the middles of some aisles. Love it when the cashiers ask, "did you find everything you were looking for today?" and I get to say "no, but Walmart is on my way home." Especially if the store or front end manager is within earshot.

< not that I shop at walmart too often >

Originally posted by Ben Kessler View Post
    When I was in elementary school, I figured out how to play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song on the recorder. I thought it would make me the most popular boy in school. Instead, it intensified my isolation.

Originally posted by Tea View Post
    Dang it...I was in the lead today. I got the stupid pony question right, but since I didn't know anything about the stupid "my little ass ponies" I had to take time to think about it. Dorko ponies. Stupid dang ponies. Those dang ponies can bite me.

Originally posted by seamas View Post
    The first one I remember well, it is called "Fried Green Tomatoes". Great movie. It starred Jessica Tandy, Walter Mathau, Kermit the Frog and Lemmy from Motorhead.

The second one is called "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls", screenplay by none other than Roger Ebert. It stars Dolly Reed, Cynthia Meyers, Captain Kangaroo, and William Shatner. The best part is where the mock turtle and Dracula go disco dancing on Gilligan's Island..

Thanks for the quotes Kittie!

I haven't much on the docket this weekend, which is probably a good thing. Finished my book last night and have the next in the series ready for me when I get home. I got a really sweet project on my desk this morning so, Happy Friday!
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

7-Eleven doesn't even exists in my country LOL
      Very cool quotes!!
      Today is a crazy friday here! Is the day to finish everything I could not finish between monday and thursday. (something like 20 packings to start and finish today LOL)

Comment

Great quotes Red, thanks

Have a great weekend everybody.

Comment

We have one 7-11 in a town on my commute home. Not particularly in a section of a town where I would willingly get out of the car though.

Lots of odds and ends to clean up here at work today. July is always slow for us.
          No plans for weekend other than fishing of some kind.
          And maybe finding something to put in the smoker. A Boston Butt perhaps for a pulled pork dinner.
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 07-11-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

There's nothing like a Boston Butt, especially when your pork needs a pullin'!
            Thanks Kittie! Happy Weekend Everybody!

Comment

I knew GDF wouldn't disappoint me on that very enticing turn of a phrase.

Comment

• Designia
                Designia commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey I got a Boston Butt! Well, Medfid Butt but same diff!

There's a 7-11 just two buildings away from where I work. I'm heading out the door right now...

Comment

Follow-up... I got the wild cherry Slurpee.

Comment

The 7-11 franchisees around here aren't very fond of this promotion, and usually by 8-9 a.m. they "run out of cups" or "haven't got any more syrup" for the rest of the day.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Designia
                    Designia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They're more like Slurpoops.

The kinda day I'm having, I wonder if they have bourbon slurpees . . .
                  Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• garricks
                    garricks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Amen!!! But hey, it's almost whisky o'clock!

Last weekend was the 4th, and my birthday- so I have tons of alcohol left over. AND I have no work to do or people's computers to fix. So this should be a good weekend.
                  "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

• garricks
                    garricks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Woo hoo! Party in Obs' mom's basement with the booze!!!!

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X