Happy International Beer Day!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy International Beer Day!!!

International Beer Day (first Friday in August) is a global celebration of beer, taking place in pubs, breweries, and back yards all over the world -- It's a day for beer lovers everywhere to raise a toast to our brewers and bartenders, and rejoice in the greatness of beer!

The purpose of IBD is threefold:
    1) To gather with friends and enjoy the deliciousness that is beer.
    2) To celebrate the dedicated men and women who brew and serve our beer.
    3) To bring the world together under the united banner of beer, by celebrating the beers of all nations and cultures together on this one remarkable day.
    More Info: http://www.internationalbeerday.com/about/

So grab a brewsky and celebrate!

Have a great weekend all you wonderful Designers!!

Originally posted by Buda View Post
    I can't be the only one that thinks this looks like 2 dudes joined at the groin?
    Originally posted by HotButton View Post
    • They look like weebles...wobbling...might look better closer to upright; but...
    • They look like they've had their arms and legs blown off
    • Now they don't look like dog tags..................or veterans
    • If they are recognizable as un-limbed humanoids, the hole is in a somewhat dubious location
    • Facelessness is a tricky thing to pull off tastefully; this is a miss

Originally posted by Kool View Post
    Poistion ??? LOL
    Originally posted by KitchWitch View Post
    One of the lesser known decepticons. Little French thing, totally useless.

... and someone looking for a smackola! LOL

Originally posted by ISitude View Post

...apostrophe is a neglected child ...sigh.

Originally posted by SpugNothuson View Post
    *sniffs the vacant forum seat*
    Originally posted by LillieStarr View Post
    I didn't even notice the spelling errors !!! I am so tired today I think if a sprem whale took up residence under my feet I wouldn't notice it !!!

Originally posted by MD View Post
    Rover was way more than a fish to me, he was my best friend. When I was sad he lent a fin to cry on. I still remember the night I got him ... allow me to paint you a picture ... with my words.

The year was 1985. It was a warm and breezy day in June, The sun was out and a plucky 7 year old MD was strolling through St. Ann's church festival clutching on to a crisp $1.00 bill that his father had just given him. What to play? What to win? I pass by the Bon Jovi mirrors, and the row of pink elephants. I briefly consider attempting to buy a beer or pull tab when something shiny catches my eye. Having an unnatural attraction to things shiny i investigate. It was there that I see the most beautiful fish in the world ... and all I have to do is toss a ping pong ball into the bowl he is swimming around in.

Eazy-Peazy.

I show the mustachioed man tending the attraction my dollar and eagerness to win and he traded me three ping pong balls. Three chances to win the pet of my dreams.

Shot one ... nowhere close!
    thats ok MD you are just warming up stretch those arm muscles a bit.

Shot two ... just off the rim of the bowl
    alright MD you found your range now next ball is a lock!

Shot 3 ... It looks perfect, the ball catches the inside of the rim and bounces straight up into the air. Everything seems like it is moving in slow motion. It bounces on the rim of the bowl again ... fingers crossed .... here it comes .... catches the lip rolls around the rim and bounces away. Epic Failure. I begin to ball my eyes out ... my father hears this and come running to my aid. When he asked me what happened I told him the mustachioed man touched me in my no-no spot.

Without hesitation he punched the man who then reeled into hundreds of goldfish knocking all of the bowls onto the ground. Fish were flopping all around the mustachioed man's knocked out body. I grabbed fish and my dad grabbed me and we hightailed it out of there.

Rover would have been 24 in June, which seems like a long time for a goldfish to live. I suspect my parents replaced him a few times because I was a rather inattentive pet owner in my youth.

RIP lil buddy.
    *sniff*
    RIP

LMAO at Rover the goldfish!

Thanks for the quotes kittie!

Off to the lake after work, hopefully all of the cit-iots (city+idiots) have already made the trek and left some semblance of good route to get there. Looked promising on my way in today, hardly anyone going southbound and a little above average volume travelling northbound. Have a great looooooonnnnnng weekend everybody!
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

International Beer Day? Good reason to get out of bed this morning.

Comment

So I was in the middle of typing a long rant about how busy and stressful everything is, but it was starting to sound pretty negative, and that's not a good way to start the weekend. So I'll just say this:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

"I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

I bought a purple car this week. I'm pretty excited about it. Because, you know, it's purple and stuff.

Comment

• kemingMatters
            kemingMatters commented
            Editing a comment
            I like how it's just "a purple car" lol.

Have you picked a name for it? Might I suggest "Violet Beauregard"? because that's what the oompa, loompa's would do-pity-doo!
            Last edited by kemingMatters; 08-01-2014, 12:14 PM. Reason: Got my characters mixed up, thanks for the save

• Designia
            Designia commented
            Editing a comment
            You're turning violet, Violet!!!!

• PrintDriver
            PrintDriver commented
            Editing a comment
            Kem, yours was actually funnier given D lives in New England where Salt is first, middle and last name in cars. Even funnier if it is a standard shift. I was picturing it from a standing start: Veeerrrrrrrrrrrrr-ucha.....Yeah, stretch. Thanks for the laugh.

Time to go. Fish are hungry.

I'm going fishing. Even if it rains.
          Phone is going to mysteriously lose signal at 4pm today.

Comment

That goldfish story still makes me laugh out loud

Thanks Red, no beer for me but I plan to enjoy this bit of really pleasant weather were having right now. High 70s to mid 80s is a rare mid summer treat out here in the high desert.

Comment

Yes, the goldfish story was freaking hilarious!!! Thanks Kittie, have a good weekend everyone. Wave if you see me in the purple car!!

Comment

...just a matter of time LOOL!

Have a great weekend all! Long weekend up here in Canada!!!

Comment

Happy Weekend Everyone!
                  Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Toasts beer with a scotch. Skol!
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I had wine instead of beer on Friday. I'm rebellious like that.
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Awww, I totally missed beer day!
                        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
                          Reply to Sort of a Constructivism Inspired Poster
                          seamas
                          I agree with HotButton on just about everything here --especially the extra question parks.
                          Leave extra punctuation to Pam in accounting. You are a Graphic Designer--use a graphic designer solution....
                          Today, 02:51 PM
                        • KitchWitch
                          Reply to Newbie101 here
                          KitchWitch
                          Hi Newbie101 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                          Today, 02:44 PM
                        • B
                          Reply to What specifications of PC laptop should I buy for design jobs?
                          B
                          What PrintDriver said, is accurate for pro-level work. However, since you're on a budget, you can get by with less.

Editing video with 16GB of RAM is doable without too much pain, unless...
                          Today, 02:15 PM
                        • Newbie101
                          Newbie101 here
                          Newbie101
                          Hey, I'm from the middle east, in my twenties, just found my passion for design, and I'm sure I can rock this.
                          I know nothing much yet, but I hope I would learn many from here
                          Today, 01:43 PM
                        • KitchWitch
                          Reply to Having trouble with printers and am very lost
                          KitchWitch
                          Hi Felinafullstop and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                          Today, 01:03 PM
                        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X