Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any skill toy enthusiasts here? Yoyos, juggling, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any skill toy enthusiasts here? Yoyos, juggling, etc.

I love them. Alays through highschool I loved yoyos, but never seriously got into it. Last year I picked up a cheap yoyo from walmart just for kicks. Pretty quickly mastered that one and got my friends into it. Since then we got obsessed. Off string yoyos, Devil Sticks, Hacky Sack, Kendama. We started trying all the skill toys we could find, lol. I actually had my first paid yoyo gig this past weekend, it was fun!

My current selection: My main yoyo of choice, and my baby: YOYOFFICER Musket. My Offstring yoyo is a Duncan Skyhawk. My Kednama is a KROM Deluxe Rubberwood on Walnut.

Anyone else here?

I'm going to make a wild guess and say you are unmarried, with no children...

What kind of paying yo-yo gig did you have? Was it a competition that you won, or was it more like a demo-display of skills?
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• mightbedylan
      mightbedylan commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, you guess right. But my Girlfriend does share my enthusiasm for Kendamas

It was an Arts and Crafts festival in my town. I was mostly in the Kids tent. I had YoYos to give away and did some basic tutorials, but I also walked around providing general entertainment. It was a lot of fun! I don't think I'm up to Competition standards yet

I had to google what a kendama was...
    In my grade school devil sticks were big, we all made our own with dowling, sports/hockey tape and sections of innertube. In high school and college we played hacky sack on breaks, I was pretty shite at it, so I started playing cards instead. I got my son a yoyo a while back I can still do a few basic tricks I learned eons ago. That about sums up my skill toy experience.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by mightbedylan View Post
      Anyone else here?
      Bolo Bats at 20 paces...

"puh - puh - puh - poh ---"

Shit. I'm out.

Last edited by HotButton; 06-16-2015, 01:00 PM.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
        Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
        Craig B
        I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
        Today, 10:46 AM
      • Colton819
        Reply to Getting a image ready for print
        Colton819
        So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
        Today, 08:47 AM
      • leaagg
        Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
        leaagg
        Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
        I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
        Today, 07:57 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
        PrintDriver
        Do people still use QR codes?
        Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
        Today, 07:06 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Comment on Getting a image ready for print
        PrintDriver
        Way too much sharing there, hank..........
        Today, 06:51 AM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X