No announcement yet.

Donald Trump for President!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not RomneyCare. It was MassHealth. Romney didn't introduce it, he just got stuck shepherding the process, which is what he was good at. As it is, all of the line items he vetoed, things the supermajority Democrat Congress in MA added in after the fact, were all re-instated after the veto, so how much of it was really Romney's? Do you know how far into the tank MassHealth was before it was replaced by the ACA? I would have hoped, if Romney had implemented such a program as President, that he would have learned from his first go round and hopefully kept it more on track.

As for Iowa, Hillary is trailing all three top GOP contenders (not counting Trump) in the polls there (at last look last week sometime.) That any candidate draws a crowd is not surprising. Bernie drew a large crowd. It wasn't "fair-stopping."

Comment

I think this sums it up.
      Attached Files
      “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

• PrintDriver
        PrintDriver commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent!
        But I wonder if that's an AP photograph. LOL.

Revisiting this thread. Things have developed in an interesting direction and some of the comments here seem prescient. As I write this, President Trump may still happen but he is this close to being on the no-fly list for most of Europe because of his hatemongering. Can't wait to see what happens next.
      Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

I would more rather a President Trump than a Prophet Cruz...

On the other side, the concept of SuperDelegates should not even be discussed until after the general primaries are over. Clinton's substantial supposed lead in SuperDelegates might have some Democrats staying home saying, ''Why bother''

Just a couple weeks ago, the Republican comments in message boards were asking Democrats how they would feel if a bunch of nonelected, insider politicians and businessmen were to upset the popular vote.
        Now the Republicans themselves are hoping for a contested convention so they can throw out the candidate with the popular vote.

Whatever.
        Need more popcorn.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 04-13-2016, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Cosmo
          Cosmo commented
          Editing a comment
          As a die-hard Bernie supporter, I like to remind people that Obama was further behind Hillary than Bernie is at the same point in 2008. From what I remember, it worked out okay for him.

So, while the superdelegate thing is, and always has been a joke, it's by no means a deciding factor. They will go with the popular vote in the end. They want to get reelected, and not doing so is career suicide.

• seamas
          seamas commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^

The story that Obama was in the same position in 2008 that Bernie is now is a tale that keeps getting repeated, but isn't true at all.
          Obama was ahead at several points in the primaries. Hillary and he were neck and neck for the most part -(they were virtually tied by Super Tuesday in early February)-but he was never far behind in delegate count, and was more often than not ahead of Hillary except in the counting of Superdelagates.
          After Super Tuesday Obama won 10 straight State primaries.

Hillary winning Florida and Michigan's delegates is somewhat controversial as the candidates agreed not to campaign there due to those states moving their primaries up without the agreement from the party. For some reason she ended up with those states' delegates.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...n-this/2941773

No comment, despite my long braid.

Comment

The world heard your call ISitude!
          "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

47% of eligible voters did not turn out. While that's a fairly consistent number over the years, that's half the country that doesn't get to whine about the results.

I seriously wonder how many of the protesting young people across the country the last two days actually voted. Especially the Sanders supporters who threatened to sit it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian86 View Post
              The world heard your call...
              The world?

Nah. The shame is all ours.

An acquaintance of mine in Romania is now scrambling for a way out, convinced that Putin will sending troops down his street any moment.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...ppet-all-along
              I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Originally posted by HotButton View Post

The world?

Nah. The shame is all ours.

An acquaintance of mine in Romania is now scrambling for a way out, convinced that Putin will sending troops down his street any moment.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...ppet-all-along

Don't blame me, I voted for Harambe.

Rest in peace, little guy.
                "I used to wonder what friendship could be, Until you all shared its magic with me." - Jesus Christ

Comment

And the first thing I hope The Donald kicks to the curb is all this crap about being soooooo politically correct every f'n time someone has something say!

I've never seen a country of such free thinking adventurous people become so uptight.

What happened?

Comment

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm still trying to fathom why grown adults need coloring books and playdoh to get over the trauma of losing.
                    http://eagnews.org/universities-offe...t-by-election/

We lived through Carter. We lived through GeeDubya. We'll get through this too. It will be nothing short of interesting, that's for sure. Think of it as a new American adventure. And they said there were no frontiers left.
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 11-11-2016, 10:05 AM.

• Kool
                    Kool commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ''It will be nothing short of interesting''

Remember that ancient Chinese curse. LOL

• PrintDriver
                    PrintDriver commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Remember that ancient Chinese curse.
                    Glad someone is paying attention...

I don't think the president decides that.

But I agree. My crotch doesn't get grabbed nearly often enough.

Loosen up, people!
                  I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha you must be sooo proud.

I'm stocking up on canned goods.
                    Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Comment

• PrintDriver
                      PrintDriver commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL. What President Obama was for the gun industry is what President Trump will be for Dinty Moore?
                      Don't forget to put Toilet Paper on the list. That's what they ran out of first in Argentina.

Just re-reading through this whole thread, I kind of wish I'd brought popcorn...Brexit 2 The sequel.

Comment

I'll just state my opinion, then shut up.

I'm baffled as to how this guy got so far in the election. A year ago last spring I dismissed him as nothing but a sideshow act entertaining the audience until the big tent opened and the real show began.

Somehow, though, the freak show performer sneaked into the big tent and pushed the main acts aside. The next four years will be a circus calamity like we've never seen.

In past presidential elections it might have been disappointing when my favorite candidates lost, but I never questioned the winners' basic competence, decency or ability to govern. This time, though, I think the voters in this country have elected a clown who might be fascinating in the same sense as a train wreck but who is is inherently unfit for the most important job in the world.

Luckily, we have a system of checks and balances in the federal government that will rein in his crazier tendencies. Far from "Making America Great Again," I'm afraid the U.S. has slipped over the edge by resorting to the kind of populist electoral irrationality that placed similarly charismatic but, ultimately, detrimental oddballs into office in other countries, like Juan Peron, Hugo Chavez and Silvio Berlusconi.

So finally, before I shut up on the topic, the possible negative consequences of a Trump presidency frightens me, but what's even more unnerving is that half the electorate in this country actually voted for this cartoon character.
                      Last edited by B; 11-11-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• PrintDriver
                        PrintDriver commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry to drag you back into a conversation you'd rather avoid.

It isn't Trump's nutty proposals I'm worried about. The President doesn't make laws and one can count on a certain amount of Congressional uncooperativeness for his proposals, up to a point. But Ryan is already making attempts to smooth the Republican differences in favor of a Republican majority, and its their nutty proposals I am more concerned with.

Discussing those proposals would be stepping into that second taboo of online forums…Religion…and the concept of separation of State and Church, and blah blah blah.

• B
                        B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm generally not too concerned about mainstream Republicans (or Democrats). The country has done quite well routinely switching back and forth between the two parties for the past 150 years. The excesses or deficiencies of one tend to be balanced by the other within a few years while keeping and tweaking those things that worked.

What really concerns me is having a national embarrassment in the oval office. What frightens me even more are the people who voted for him who see no disqualifying issues in having a slightly unhinged reality show clown as the chief executive. This last election has demonstrated an electoral discernment more befitting a banana republic than the United States, and that's frightening.

• designzombie
                        designzombie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Somewhat relevant to the graphic design forum and industry: All the money in the world doesn't make bad advertising better.

Democrats ran a negative campaign, which rarely works for Democrats. It turns off nicer people from voting. The worst part about it, Trump was self-incriminating. America didn't need the Democratic campaign to tell America how bad Trump was. Democrats spent more money than Republicans; and yet it was a waste of advertising dollars and effort.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...t-clinton-won/

Originally posted by B View Post
                      ...the voters in this country have elected a clown...
                      You're too kind.

The man is a sexually predatory, mentally ill egomaniac who uttered absolutely nothing of substance or truth during 18 months of campaigning. In my opinion, he did however, say some of the most absurd things ever spoken into a microphone.

Unfortunately, many Americans who have not managed to accumulate any wealth blindly ascribe magical powers to those who were born into it.

America's time to be "great again" already constitutes a new low.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
                        Reply to A question about advancing education
                        B
                        Here's a paraphrased version of an actual conversation I had with our HR department a few months back. Seriously.

Me -- "How many job applicants did we receive for the open position?"...
                        Today, 11:45 AM
                      • designzombie
                        designzombie
                        Certifications might make the difference when choosing between 2 seemingly equally qualified candidates with equally impressive portfolios. But that's only after all other qualifications such as 4-year...
                        Today, 11:19 AM
                      • HotButton
                        Reply to Poster for a school project
                        HotButton
                        And for a beach party, I'm sure you can do better than this photo of a pier.
                        Today, 10:04 AM
                      • KitchWitch
                        KitchWitch
                        Hi Roland198 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                        Today, 09:25 AM
                      • KitchWitch
                        Reply to How to use animation feature in CSS3?
                        KitchWitch
                        Hi Sungaoykd01 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                        Today, 09:23 AM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X