RIP Badgerman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Badgerman

It seems that our long time moderator and great friend Garricks has passed away. I don't know any details but I know he has been sick for quite some time. RIP Badgerman, we'll miss you.

Thanks Kool ♥ I was just coming over to make sure everyone knew. I don't have many details either. I know folks always say this .. but it's so true for Gary. At least his pain is gone. I do know he was suffering a great deal the past few weeks and been very sick for the last several months. My heart is breaking for his Mom and Dad. He was a good friend

Comment

RIP Garricks. May you be in a better place now.

Comment

Garricks had advanced COPD, which led to heart issues. Normally it wouldn't be my place to make that known, but I did know him (we used to work at the same place and kept in touch when he retired) in life and I don't think he'd mind. In the last two years he was hospitalized often, and it was very difficult for him to breathe. The myriad of medications that kept him stable had a whole fun house of side effects that were almost worse than the illness. I hate that he's gone, but I know now he can breathe. That gives me a little comfort.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I found out about this earlier today and it was heart breaking. Gary was a great guy. A friend, a kind soul and a good mod. Even though I never got the chance to meet him in meat world I'm going to miss him. Rest in Peace Gary … may your badger dance forever.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Y'all know he'd be pissed if he didn't at least get a farewell taco platter.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

These quotes were admittedly stolen from an RKK post from more than 3 years ago. But, I figured they were worth sharing. It gives us a chance to reminisce and remember the good old days.

Originally posted by garricks
              *runs in wearing a sombrero...and nothing else*

It's still no-pants day, right?

Marketeers are from Satan. Especially when they stand over your shoulder and point and get fingerprints on your monitor.

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.

"Honey, could you pick up a couple of boobies of milk on the way home?"

The funny part is, even though the back and the knees ache, generally looking out from in here, I don't feel any different than I did at 25. I just make more noises.

CMD-N-O-M should do it.

Oh, I forgot to be bi-lingual.... for you PCers that would be CTRL-N-O-M.

Originally posted by garricks View Post
              Oooh, tacos that bite back!

I'll prevail, though...get in mah belleh!!1!

Today was a long day, and to top it off, I heard from a client regarding a logo design, "Well, I like the font you chose, but it only says Blorg Snarf. We've been using Blorg Snarf Piffle, so you need to change it. Oh, and can we see some with just BSP? (Which, the actual acronym spells nothing and has absolutely no brand equity to the larger organizationl.) This after several days of sketching and lots of thought put into it.

I'm a bitter, bitter person tonight.

My bullsh!t alarm went off.

I'm the guy that insists on calling “Times New Roman” a typeface rather than a font, regardless of what Redmond and Cupertino think. So no, not too pedantic.

Looking at the noms has me really thinking about negative space now. I need to start taking some pix and nomming them up.

I see noms everywhere. Some don't even know they're noms. (OK, bad 'Sixth Sense' joke)

I had a hankering for some Underwood Deviled meat a few weeks ago, and couldn't find it at my grocery...they had other brands, but not Underwood. That was my grandmother's brand preference, therefore it's mine! (I know that makes very little sense, but you had to know my nana!)

Cool find, longboy... *runs off to play with gradient feather tool*

Wait. Does "gradient feather tool" sound dirty to anyone else?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

(Now, if only that worked...

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

My boss went around for MONTHS saying, "Does that make you horny, baby?" Made me cringe every time.

See, that's why you need us old farts, to 'splain how we used to do stuff!

Like walking 520 miles each way in the driving snow to get to school every day. ROFL

Thank you. I'm here 'till next Thursday, try the veal and don't forget to tip your server!

You are missed man!!

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• Lith
                Lith commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice job, Red

• B
                B commented
                Editing a comment
                Reading through that list brings back some fun memories. The forum was more active then, and Garricks was one of the main reasons why.

• kemingMatters
                kemingMatters commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for posting these, I'll miss the badger

"Marketeers are from Satan. Especially when they stand over your shoulder and point and get fingerprints on your monitor."

Bwahah! I used to work with a photographer who, when someone standing behind reached over and touched his screen, would turn quickly and throw an "inadvertent" elbow, often landing it brutally to the offender's sternum. Then he'd act like it was this massive mishap and apologize profusely, explaining he misjudged how closely they were standing. There were people who took that elbow 2 or 3 times and still didn't get it wasn't an accident.

Godspeed Garricks!
              I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Aw, man.

RIP Gary. I'm richer for having known you - albeit virtually.
                I will be raising a dram or three of good scotch in your honor tonight.
                Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

it has been awhile but I thought I'd swing by and pay my respects to Garrick. Somewhere out there has better food, better music, better booze, and is more witty than it was two short days ago. Rest In Peace my Badgery friend. I hope you know how much you will be missed.
                  I feel like a city kid who has stumbled into a town

Comment

Rest In Peace dear friend. I hope you're surrounded by good scotch, lots of kitchen aid products, hydrangeas, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, recipes and love. I also hope you're seeing how much you mean to all of your your online friends. Breath easy and fly high my friend.
                  You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I knew he had been quite sick and hadn't posted here for a while. I was afraid he had gone downhill. Very sad.

Comment

Very sad news.
                      Play on Gar.
                      Play on.

Comment

Shocked to hear this about Gary - a stalwarth of the community here. May he rest in peace!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
                          Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                          Craig B
                          I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
                          Today, 10:46 AM
                        • Colton819
                          Reply to Getting a image ready for print
                          Colton819
                          So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
                          Today, 08:47 AM
                        • leaagg
                          Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
                          leaagg
                          Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
                          I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
                          Today, 07:57 AM
                        • PrintDriver
                          Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
                          PrintDriver
                          Do people still use QR codes?
                          Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
                          Today, 07:06 AM
                        • PrintDriver
                          Comment on Getting a image ready for print
                          PrintDriver
                          Way too much sharing there, hank..........
                          Today, 06:51 AM
                        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X