Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• salsa
    Reply to Design Quotes
    salsa
    They want you to do a mock quote and didn't tell you how to do it? That's strange that they would even do this because there are a lot of steps in the real world of business that you have to go through...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to New Logo for a Glass Bottle Cutting Device
    Buda
    I don't see any progression. It's the same concept.

Try and work on some more interesting concepts.

Things to think about:
    Who is the target market?
    What is the...
    Today, 01:51 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for my logos
    Buda
    What is your background? Are you a student or a designer?

These don't look like real logos to me because they can't be used in the real world. It looks like you have thought up concepts but...
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to (Possibly) doing a commission for the first time, need intro
    Buda
    Just curious if you are thinking of using copyright and trademarked comic book and movie characters in your design?
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Design Quotes
    Buda
    Hi c_fowler336 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain...
    Today, 01:37 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's funny. I'd never call that a spinach salad. I'd call it bacon and shrimp salad. I guess because I would never order a spinach salad at a restaurant and expect to get that dish.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Around here, spinach salad is common, and it contains much of the same ingredients (though the shrimp is an addition).

I can't eat raw spinach. Makes my mouth feel funny.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
        Around here, spinach salad is common, and it contains much of the same ingredients (though the shrimp is an addition).

I can't eat raw spinach. Makes my mouth feel funny.
        Okies, I get it. It's a title, not a contents...

I know what you mean about spinach. I find that it makes my mouth feel all grippy. But baby spinach doesn't do that. Just the grown up spinach.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• That photo for the Spinach Salad looks really good too.
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

• A-brisket, a basket...

Here's the recipe for the awesome brisket we had yesterday for our pot luck. She sliced it about 1/2 inch thick, and served on small buns.

Beef Brisket

4 Cans of Beef Consomme’ (Beef Broth)
            1 Large Bottle of Soy Sauce
            1 Clove Garlic Peeled and Chopped
            (You can use the jar garlic already minced 1 Tablespoon)
            1 Tablespoon of Vinegar
            1 Full Brisket 5 to 10 lbs
            (If you are doing a ˝ brisket cut ingredients in half)

Mix all liquids and place brisket fat side up in cooker.
            It works best to marinate over night, but you do not have to.
            Depending on weight the cooking hours will vary. Test doneness with a fork. Also basting helps keep the juices flowing through the brisket.
            In a conventional oven place in covered dish and bake at 300 degrees for 3 to 5 hours, longer if needed.
            In crock pot on high all day approximately 8 hours.
            In a roaster (covered) cook at 300 degrees for 3 to 5 hours or longer depending on weight of brisket.

Freezes well and is great with BBQ sauce. Reserve some of the liquid in a bowl to add when serving.
            This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
            "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• what about on a smoker??

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Seems like a lot of Soy but I guess also a lot of broth. hmmm, that does sound good though.
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

• I guess you could put it in a roasting pan on the smoker...I really don't know and she looked at me like I was nuts when I asked her!

BJMR, it wasn't salty-tasting at all. I guess the vinegar cuts the sodium down. I'd be using low-sodium soy anyway. (stupid arteries!)
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• hahaha i think this would probably do better in the oven anyways

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Actually I think it would do best in the slow cooker, since you're basically braising it. (this is making me hungry and it's 3 hours till lunch. Closing browser now!)

Comment

• ahhh what a slow morning. gotta eat something now.
                        Dribbble Page
                        Behance Portfolio
                        Linkedin Profile

Comment

• Drip Beef, from Pioneer Woman

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-beef-two-ways

Comment

• Meat Cupcakes

Comment

• Defo doing meat cupcakes tomorrow, they look awesome and so easy to do -

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

• Garricks--you're supposed to eat them cold? Wonder if they couldn't be reheated in at 325? Cold meatloaf I might be able to convince myself is ok, but cold smashed 'taters? Don't think so...
                                "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X