Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmm bacon logs

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Bacon pie! That ought to sway a few of those heathen Cakists.

Comment

• Until they make bacon cake, that is.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Let them have their bacon cake. It would just be a sad mockery of the real thing. Go ahead Cakists. Make your bacon cake. That is, if you can take a break from listening to your Zunes and kissing your sisters.

Comment

• I've got a recipe for a pesto cheesecake that is wonderful. I don't see why I couldn't add bacon to it.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Well, this is a fun find! It's a 20-ounce Lunch Crock. It doesn't COOK, so you can't put raw meat in it, but it warms cooked food. Better than a microwave for some foods!

It's on sale this week at Target, too!

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Whhhhaaaaaattttt?!! That is teh awesomez!
                Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

• I KNOW, right!? Awesome!
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• But does it plug in via USB?
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• wow, that would make it even awesomer... if that was possible...
                      Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                      - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

• If it were USB powered, it would toast at the same time it warmed your lunch.

Problem is, your laptop would be the toast. =@.@=

[edit] Darn it, I keep wanting to disassemble one to see whether it's a plain heating element or a bulk-effect semiconductor heater. Must... keep... engineering impulses under control! (An empty wallet helps.)
                        Last edited by Meffy; 04-15-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Had a family gathering today and I was asked to make a cheesecake. We were feeding ten people with very different dietary needs and preferences, so to try and please all I made a white chocolate cheesecake with three sauces to add on as people liked. The cheesecake turned out well, as did the sauces. Here's the recipe for the most popular sauce of the three, which ended up not only on the cheesecake, but spread on the leftover ham.

Bourbon Caramel Sauce
                          1/2-stick butter
                          1-cup packed brown sugar
                          1/4-tsp. cinnamon
                          1/4-cup bourbon
                          6-Tbsp. heavy cream

Combine first four ingredients in sauce pan and boil for two minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cream. Done.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          I'm happy to post the recipes for the other sauces and the cheesecake if there's interest, but this one was definitely the best.
                          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Mmmmmmmmm it sounds great

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• OK, so this isn't a recipe, but still awesome! A friend is eating White Castles. That's Tikka Masala on it!

Comment

• lol. I love Tikka Masala and one day I hope to try a white castle burger. Ever since I watched Harold and Kumar...
                                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X