Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• imonkey89
    Comment on Landscape Photography Blog - Logo
    imonkey89
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, Pavlo!

I would obviously prefer that the logo had something to do with photography, but I'm quite against the cliche 'aperture blades' 'crop marks'...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • Akasha
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    Akasha
    Here are a couple more:

Yesterday, 11:38 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to doubt in designing a logo for web and print
    Buda
    As the others have already said, DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP FOR LOGOS!!!!

Now that is out of the way, you have a few options. Learn to use Illustrator, or combine forces with a graphic designer...
    Yesterday, 10:03 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Buda
    I think it's lacking in punctuation....unless you are going for that broken English look?

My advice is to show only 1 sentence per grouping. That way you don't have to worry about punctuation...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Buda
    What is the average salary in India?

Salaries vary so much and depend on: location, skill level, demand, company. A print designer in one state is can be paid a different salary to another...
    Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you are going to be on trouble for not posting that in the cat thread TA

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
      Now you are going to be on trouble for not posting that in the cat thread TA
      *Sigh* i can never win, around here eh
      Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

Comment

• n00bs never win

blog/portfolio

Comment

• maybe you shouldn't hit Wednesday night so hard, TA.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Back on topic: That sushi looks like sushi I could actually eat.
            "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• I am not sure about banana sushi but this sure looks and sounds good!
              Apple Pie by Grandma Ople

Ingredients

• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
              • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
              • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
              • 1/4 cup water
              • 1/2 cup white sugar
              • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
              • 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
              2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
              3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
              4. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-p...le/detail.aspx for reviews

Comment

• Mmmm that looks so good!

Comment

• Added to recipes for next apple pie baking
                  "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• If you're hungry and have an extra $300 - try the official most expensive burger in the world (according to Guinness World Records). You can get one at New York's Serendipity 3 (with 48 hours notice).

It contains Japanese Waygu beef, 10-herb white truffle butter, smoked Pacific sea salt, 18-month cheddar, shaved black truffles, a quail egg and a white truffle-buttered roll. It's topped with a blini, creme fraiche and Paramount Caviar's exclusive Kaluga caviar. The whole thing is held together with a solid gold, diamond-encrusted toothpick. Or you could just send me $300.

Serendipity 3 has also offered a $69 hot dog and a $1,000 sundae.

http://eater.com/archives/2012/05/25...-world-295.php
                    Last edited by KitchWitch; 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• Maybe if I win the lottery

Comment

• don't they have some sort of crazy expensive ice cream sunday too? with gold spoons i believe?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Yeah, they had a $1,000 sundae. Crystal goblet, gold coated vanilla ice cream, I think. Only one person bought one, and it was for her kid's birthday party.
                          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

• only in NY

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoGoCat View Post
                              I am not sure about banana sushi but this sure looks and sounds good!
                              Apple Pie by Grandma Ople

Ingredients

• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
                              • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
                              • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
                              • 1/4 cup water
                              • 1/2 cup white sugar
                              • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
                              • 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
                              2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
                              3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
                              4. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-p...le/detail.aspx for reviews
                              I've made this recipe many times and it's AMAZING!

Comment

• How to make pie crust Mrs. Rowe's way

For decades Mildred Rowe operated Mrs. Rowe's Family Restaurant near Staunton, Virginia, in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Her pies are legend up and down the Route 11 corridor. She kept working right until the end. Her family have succeeded her, so these treats can still be had. Here's how I make pie crust, as directed in her book on pie baking.

Three factors are essential to a good, tender pie crust. 1) Keep things cold so the shortening doesn't melt and the flour doesn't get hydrated. 2) Work fast and light; same reason as point 1. 3) Add only enough liquid to make a cohesive dough, no more.

The single most important thing is not to develop a gluten structure as you would for bread.

For enough dough to make a double-crust pie (halve all quantities to make a single crust) put into a cold bowl two cups of pastry flour. All-purpose will do, especially if it's southern -- we grow softer wheat here in the South. Whisk a teaspoon of salt into the flour. Cut two thirds of a cup of shortening in using a pastry blender or a pair of knives, or work it by hand... if you haven't got warm hands.

Once the shortening lumps are about pea-sized, pour a tablespoon of very cold milk over some of the flour-shortening mixture, gently mixing it in with a fork. As soon as no more clumps together, push that bit aside and pour milk into a still-dry area of the flour mixture and repeat. Seven tablespoons is about the most milk it should take, and if you can moisten all the dry material with less, so much the better. On humid days it will take less; if your flour hasn't been protected from atmospheric moisture it will take less.

With hands form the crumbly mixture into a ball, then flatten it into a thick disc. At this point you can refrigerate or freeze it for later. To continue, lightly flour a board or counter -- the less flour you add, the more tender the crust will be -- and roll it out until it's maybe an inch wider on each side than the pie plate you'll be baking in.

Roll the crust onto your rolling pin, then unroll it over the plate. Without stretching the crust, ease it in until it's seated all the way around. Make fork holes around the bottom to avoid bubbling. If you're making a two-crust pie, fill it now. Trim away any excess past about half an inch on all sides. Finally, fold over the excess, whether one crust or two, and pinch or otherwise form an edge. Bake and enjoy.

[edit] Here's what I used it for:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chess-pie-ii/
                                Last edited by Meffy; 06-07-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X