Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEHE I read that as Cinnamon BUTT Apple Tartlet.... I'm such a kid lately, LOL!
    Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
    - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

• That looks delish!!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Huh. I've never heard of Avocado Oil!

What is it?

Avocado oil is pressed from the flesh of the avocado, not its pit. It has a buttery texture on the tongue and a slightly nutty flavor. There are many who dislike the intense fruitiness of olive oil, and for those folks, avocado oil is a welcome addition. Dieters seeking cooking fats with high levels of omega-9 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats will find avocado oil is an essential addition to their pantries. Where avocado oil really stands out is in its ability to cook at very high temperatures. Whether in its first (extra-virgin) pressing or more refined, avocado oil offers a convenience that few other oils do.
        More info, and a recipe!
        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• National Peanut Butter Day is January 24.

Please consider donating some protein-packed peanut butter to your area FOOD BANK.

Here's one more article on fighting hunger with peanut butter.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
            Can't wait to try these! I make pies all the time, and everyone's always saying my crusts are their favorite. This gives more crust-to-filling ratio, so perfect! - Thanks Red!
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Aren't they delightful!

Comment

• This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.

Comment

• I prefer the idea of adding hot milk, putting the lid back on and giving it a good shake.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• That would work too!

Comment

• Churro Waffles

Have you ever eaten a churro before? Well if you haven't....you have no idea what your missing out on! A churro is a golden rod of pure deliciousness twisted and rolled into lots and lots of sweet cinnamon and sugar right after it's taken a crispy bath in steaming hot oil.

Ingredients

1 teaspoon salt
                      4 teaspoons baking powder
                      2 tablespoons white sugar
                      2 eggs
                      2 cups of all purpose flour
                      1 1/2 cups warm milk
                      1/3 cup butter, melted
                      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                      3shakes of cinnamon plus

For the churro topping-
                      1 cup of white sugar
                      1/2 cup cinnamon
                      1/2 cup of melted butter

Directions

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Also at this time you can combine your churro topping and set it aside. Preheat waffle iron

2.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; Next fold in three shakes of cinnamon beat until blended

3. At this time you can also melt your 1/2 cup of butter used to pour over waffles. Next generously spray your waffle iron with no stick cooking spray. Than ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Once fully cooked immediately pour melted butter on each side of the waffle and than dip each buttered side into your cinnamon/sugar churro mixture.

4. Devour immediately!...... I mean serve immediately, Enjoy!
                      Oh and I drizzled my waffles with a little extra syrup at the end. Although this waffle is obviously sweet enough, those with a definite sweet tooth can give it a whirl! In the end though I thought they were perfecto without the dulce ( sweet) extras.

SOURCE

Comment

• Mmmmmmmmm you guys are killing meee.
                        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

• That looks awesome

Comment

• Hey guys, do you remember that site where people posted the ad pix of fast food and comparison shots of what the food ACTUALLY looked like? Anyone? Buller? I've been googling around & can't seem to find it...

Comment

• This one

http://www.alphaila.com/articles/fai...ng-vs-reality/

Comment

• Kittie, you're magical. Thanks.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X